[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
where are the flash sales?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: Steam-logo.png (74 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Steam-logo.png
74 KB, 2000x2000
where are the flash sales?
>>
>>321119950
No dailies
No flash sales
No community votes
No clicker game
No ARG
No potato hunt
No holiday achievements

Buy trading cards
Buy games
Fuck you.
>>
File: F.jpg (55 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
F.jpg
55 KB, 300x300
>>321119950
>>
>>321120617

the only good from this sale is that I can get like 20 cents a day off just checking my queue which I can spend on nothing in the sale since anything good I picked up eons ago.

Man steam sales really lose their luster after a while but removing all the actual fun parts the way they've done lately just makes it hurt even more.
>>
>>321120617
how is that a bad thing? not everyone has 24 hours a bad to wait for sales
>>
>>321120617
>No ARG

Retard
>>
>>321121573
>I can get like 20 cents a day off just checking my queue
What?
>>
>>321121928

you get a card for going through your queue

you can do this three times

the cards I got were only worth like 7 cents but eh it only took ten minutes or so once steam stopped shitting itself
>>
>>321122046
What's the purpose of those cards?
>>
>>321120617

there's dailies i think
>>
>>321122156
either show off your e-peen with whatever you craft with normal cards (but this one's a holiday badge!) or if you're not a dipshit get a few extra cents on the side
>>
>>321122156
Apparently they are for some ARG
http://imgur.com/a/9jTXt
http://imgur.com/a/j9WTs
http://imgur.com/0AoB1MH
>>
>>321122236

that comic is linked on the front page tho

unless I'm just missing something
>>
>>321122394
It's a detective story, they obviously want us to find something
>>
>>321122587

I think you're giving valve too much credit.
>>
>>321121829
It's bad thing because there's no marketing incentive for publishers to drop the price even further to get some hype impulse buys from people who don't even really want the game, just going to get it because it's cheap and daily/flash.

At the moment you are pretty much just getting the deals you didn't have to wait for to begin with.

Just to give you an example from the games I'm know of

>STALKER is 50% off right now, that's the regular sale price, it was cheaper during the flash sale this summer
>dominions 4 is 50% off right now, that's the regular sale price for it, during flash sale this summer it hit 75% off
>strike suit zero is not even on sale right now, it used to go super cheap during sales where it would win the front page time through voting or being bundled with other flying sims

Also few smaller consequences
>Strike vector is a dead game but if it got daily time during sales it would be very fun and lively for 3-4 days. Right now nobody will even notice that it's discounted

Basically no dailies is pretty shit, there are absolutely no benefits to it, only downsides.
>>
>>321123591
>STALKER is 50% off right now
That's a good thing, there is no reason whatsoever to buy STALKER since the actual devs get none of the money.
>>
>>321119950
Inside Gabe Newell's fat belly.
>>
>>321123591

the only real benefit is entirely for valve themselves since they don't have to put up with more refund requests due to people buying shit right before a sale/daily/flash

frankly those people deserve to get fucked out of their money for not using their brains and waiting for a daily/flash or the last day but ignoring that surely there's a better option. Maybe a more automated system for refunds during sales like this?
>>
>>321123809
Who gives a shit about that though. Troika is dead and I still prefer to have Bloodlines on steam so I don't have to bother with torrents for it. My torrent list is 70% loli doujins
>>
>>321119950

No more flash sales.

Now that Valve has a real refund policy, they don't want to deal with the mountain of refunds that would occur over the course of the sale from people who bought a game that then went on a flash sale.

It kinda sucks, but I'd rather have refunds than flash sales.
>>
>>321124207
>not getting it straight from /sg/'s archive
>lolishit
Top pleb m8.
>>
Which X3 game should I get? I've been wanting to be a space merchant for a long time.

Also, what mods are recommended?
>>
Tell a joke and win a game
>>
>>321124473
Mate, I'm russian, I have a CD version and being pedophile is literally in my blood.

For the sake of general collection and people who give no fuck "original developers not getting any money" is an irrelevant subject though.
>>
>Fallout 4 isn't even on sale

what the fuck

are there going to be new sales every day or no?
>>
>>321124703
What did the spanish fish do all day?
Nada.
google the verb nadar, please gib Ikaruga
http://steamcommunity.com/id/acgiveherthedc/
>>
>>321124730
No. Without daily deals you can abandon hope of fresh big releases getting even 20% off for a day.
Siege is not on sale either. It is on uplay though
>>
>>321124596
x3 is garbage
>>
>>321124703
your life
>>
>>321124730
https://www.skidrowreloaded.com/codex-fallout-4/

Sent~
>>
File: 1444786973493.jpg (10 KB, 181x182) Image search: [Google]
1444786973493.jpg
10 KB, 181x182
>put a bunch of games on my wishlist in preparation for the sale
>the highest discount is only 50% off
>>
File: waiting.png (128 KB, 450x328) Image search: [Google]
waiting.png
128 KB, 450x328
so how do we handle the sales now? are the daily deals the lowest games will get now?
>>
>>321124923
You already told that one
>>
>>321125206
No specials, what you see is what you get. I'm still waiting until near the end of the sale in case valve do something with the cards/comic thing
>>
>>321124912

Then what's a better space merchant sim?
>>
>>321124703
>>321124923
your 1rm maxes
>>
Picked up Wolfenstein: The New Order for $9, I'm happy. Played it on my cousins PS4 for a bit, I really liked it.
>>
>>321125206
>are the daily deals the lowest games will get now?
Developer specific events and midweek madness sales might be the best option now.
Like, morrowind's lowest price was during bethesda event for a few days and such.

Christmas sale is officially dead.
>>
>>321125335
elite dangerous but the world is literally too big and travelling is just tedious with having to manually control thrusting when making hyperspace jumps
>>
>>321124703
I'll try again since you ignored me.
A Portuguese man, a Muslim, and a King walk into a bar.
"Hello, Alberto Barbosa, what will you have today?" says the bartender.
I'll accept anything at all. I already have Bad Rats though.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/acgiveherthedc/
>>
>>321126020

Then what makes X3 bad? I got onto this space merchant kick from Elite Dangerous hype, but everyone told me it's shit.
>>
>>321124218
Lame. I actually know how to do basic research before buying a game, so I'd rather have steeper discounts.
>>
>>321124703
How can you tell the difference between a snowman and a snowwoman? Check for snowballs.
>>
>>321120617
>No community votes
I genuinely miss getting mad at retards for voting for games after they were already in good flash deals.
>>
>>321124703
Any excuse to post my favorite.

How do you circumcise a redneck?
Kick his sister in the jaw.
>>
>>321123591
>tfw missed out on Strike Vector because I just recently built my first gaming pc

Least Secret Ponchos is still alive for now.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.