[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just finished all of Baldur's Gate and now I'm left
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 51ASXZ0JW9L.jpg (55 KB, 354x500) Image search: [Google]
51ASXZ0JW9L.jpg
55 KB, 354x500
I just finished all of Baldur's Gate and now I'm left with an empty feeling that I know I will never play an RPG series as great as BG ever again.

How do I cope with this feeling?
>>
Play DA:Origins/Awakening, Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 all expansions and then kill yourself.
>>
>>321118126
Get a DnD group together. Its the only thing that can compete.

Trust me
>>
>>321118427
>playing pretend with other people
No, thanks.

RPGs are like masturbation. You don't do that in front of others.
>>
>>321118427
Don't listen to this cunt, do what >>321118313 said.
>>
>>321118313
>Neverwinter Nights 1
Fuck no, NWN vanilla campaign is pure shit.
>>
>>321118846
>RPGs are like masturbation.
Then why even ask us? We don't know what your tastes are. You could play other Infinity Engine games like Icewind Dale and Torment, maybe you'll enjoy them?
>>
>>321118846
>masturbation.
>You don't do that in front of others.
You're missing out, friend.
>>
>>321119080
OP here, I'm not him.

I've never played Neverwinter Nights or DA so I might play those. I've played Icewind Dale though, as well as Planescape Torment.

Is Pillars of Eternity worth looking into?
>>
>>321119358
>Is Pillars of Eternity worth looking into?
I haven't played it myself, but heard some good things. May as well give it a try if you want more cRPG.

Also, you might want to check out KOTOR 1 and 2, I know it's Star Wars but give them a chance. I actually ended up enjoying them both.
>>
>>321119358
Not the guy you're talking to, but the main campaign of NWN1 is fairly weak and you'll likely be disappointed coming from Baldur's Gate. None of the NWN games can compete combat wise, and the encounters all feel a bit tedious. However, when it comes to role playing choices, the NWN1 addons, Shadows of Undrentide as well as Hordes of the Underdark are quite solid - nothing special but quite okay. NWN2 is comparable in that regard. The addon, Mask of the Betrayer is one of the greatest RPGs released in the 00s.

Pillars of Eternity is presentation wise brilliant, but personally, I found it suffers from the same problem as the NWN series, or Dragon Age: Origins for that matter. For some reason the combat feels really tediuos. I'm not certain what the Infinity Engine games did differently, but for some reason combat feels much less like a drag there. When it comes to role playing choices PoE is quite okay, definitely not the worst RPG out there but nothing special.

If you're looking for something special, there's always Age of Decadence of course, but it's a very different type of game and requires a high frustration tolerance. In terms of dialogue based role playing it's definitely one of the greatest RPGs ever made though, and the combat offers more than meets the eye at first.
>>
>>321119358
PoE is definitely worth it.
You might also want to check out the Spiderweb Software games: Avernum, Geneforge and Avadon series.
>>
>>321119961
I might add: if you're looking for a game with good combat there's also Divine Divinity: Original Sin of course.

Combat wise it's great - perhaps even a bit too heavy on combat. Also, it has a strong co-op multiplayer focus for two players so if you don't have anyone to play with it may not be your cup of tea. Role playing wise it's fairly weak though, but if you enjoyed the Icewind Dale games which have a comparable combat focus I'd say you should look into it at least.
>>
>>321118126
Time to install adwr for nwn.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.