[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there an item in vidya more bullshit to get than the zodiac spear?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Manikin-Zodiac_Spear.png (34 KB, 310x690) Image search: [Google]
Manikin-Zodiac_Spear.png
34 KB, 310x690
Is there an item in vidya more bullshit to get than the zodiac spear?
>>
>>321118045
Twilight Princess Magic Armor
>>
plenty of items that need you to play for 500+ hours even if you know how to get them -- restarting your FF12 playthrough doesn't seem so bad compared

if you never used a guide, you wouldn't even know the spear existed and not care anyway -- most people will either know about it early or never know

also zodiac spear was only bullshit in the original version of the game
>>
>>321118181
>implying rupees aren't easy as fuck to get
>>
Supposedly there's a weapon in Xenoblade Chronicles X that you can only get if you never use fast travel.
>>
>>321118363
even FF12 had plenty of other shitty stuff, like Danjuro

if you heard about the spear, then it becomes a non-issue and ultra easy to get, the rest, not so much
>>
>>321118549
HURRR
>>
Excalibur II in FF9.

Get up to really late in the game in under 12 hours, probably miss out on tons of other shit in the process. Terrible.
>>
I never understood the twinging over the Zodiac Spear. If you missed it you could still grind out a second one.
>>
>>321119026
I don't think of it as "bullshit", it's merely a challenge that you either opt to take or ignore

when you do speed runs, low level challenges, and similar you normally get nothing for it but self satisfaction -- nice to get something for a change
>>
>>321118045
Yes.
In the very same game even.
Fucking Wyrm Hero Sword.
Once you get the sword every enemy it would've been useful on is already dead.
>>
>>321119347
that sword isn't particularly good anyway, I think of it more like a joke weapon to fool around with

was fun to solo the last boss with it
>>
>>321118549
I'd like it if someone confirmed/denied this. I'm looking to get X soon and I usually opt for completion
>>
>>321121054
I can confirm it, never use fast travel.
>>
>>321118045

You haven't suffered getting the secret invisible weapons in the IZJS version. They're OP as shit but fucking retarded to get. Invisible one ti me chests that have some dumb like .5% chance to get the item.
>>
>>321121401
Thank you anon
Is the item even worth using?
>>
>>321119249

No, its bullshit. FF9 is full of bullshit only 2% of the population will ever accomplish.
>>
>>321121613
oh yea, arguably most useful in the game
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.