[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright guys, I only want to spend $10 and I cant decide between
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: header.jpg (145 KB, 682x566) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
145 KB, 682x566
Alright guys, I only want to spend $10 and I cant decide between Darkest Dungeon and Skyrim: Legendary ED. The last time I played Skyrim was a long time ago on the 360 before any of the DLC and I had a great time playing it. But i've watched a bit of gameplay on DD and the game looks like a blast as well! Help me decide men!
>>
play a new game
>>
Skyrim is shit an all accounts.

Darkest Dungeon is good if you like the genre.
>>
File: 1450775472573.gif (278 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1450775472573.gif
278 KB, 800x600
>>321116702
you got dungeons that punish you with randubs events or skyrim, the worlds most complicated boob simulator
>>
Get Skyrim and install sexlab mods. Proceed to rape.
>>
I'm enjoying the shit out of DD but you better hope you already like games like XCom or FTL. It's not an easy game and it'll feel like it hates you most of the time.
>>
File: 1404780950411.jpg (35 KB, 339x330) Image search: [Google]
1404780950411.jpg
35 KB, 339x330
>>321117165
kek

>>321117305
I do love FTL, so more of that definitely would be welcome!
>>
I definitely got more sheer time played out of Skyrim but I enjoyed Darkest way more

But it will give you an anxiety attack or piss you off at the RNG
>>
Get sky rim

Darkest dungeon is shit. You play everything you will ever play in the first 20 minutes of the game and the rest is grinding with perma death. So if you die you have to grind again to go back to where you were to continue the grind

It looks fun because they have a good thing going on but they fucked it up by making the game shallow as fuck

Tl;Dr darkest dungeons blew all their resources on the graphic style
>>
>>321117449
>I do love FTL, so more of that definitely would be welcome!

Go for it then, you won't be disappointed.

DD is a lot more tactic-oriented compared to FTL, which in my experience seems to revolve around grabbing the right items. DD is one of the better turnbased RPGs out there simply because grinding exp/stats has no place in the game, and winning revolves around how you match up your party's abilities and positioning. But because of the stress mechanic you can't use the same party build all the time, you're forced to mix it up a lot as you leave them to recharge.
>>
Get DD if you like the genre.

>>321117701 is retarded because there is no grinding. Levelling up takes only a couple dungeon runs and if you're not shit and know how to pick your battles, nobody will die. If you leave a dungeon before you complete it, you take all the loot you found with you and your guys survive, and winning becomes easy when you start learning how to deal with the baddies and organise your party based on what dungeon you're visiting. This takes time though so expect a bunch of failures before you start to "get it".

The persistent progression is about upgrading your village, which makes the different anemities cheaper and more effective, as well as unlocking skill and armoury upgrade stations for your heroes to use. There's no way to lose the improvements you make to the village.
>>
>>321118946
>there is no grinding

lol
>>
>>321116702
underage
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.