[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some of the most unreasonable design choices in video
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 135647568.jpg (157 KB, 1266x666) Image search: [Google]
135647568.jpg
157 KB, 1266x666
What are some of the most unreasonable design choices in video games, /v/?
>>
Pic unrelated?
>>
File: 1427863289659.jpg (17 KB, 300x230) Image search: [Google]
1427863289659.jpg
17 KB, 300x230
Not allowing the rebinding of keys or buttons.
>>
>Game doesn't animate you being unable to reach the latch

Thank god we have Matthew to tell us what a travesty this is.
>>
>>321115225
>He didn't do the undeadburg shortcut jump
>>
File: Untitled.png (91 KB, 590x572) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
91 KB, 590x572
Bloodborne snubbed again!
>>
>>321115225
Related: the Bethesda circle-dungeon/building.

Building/dungeon has one and only one way to go throughout, you fight baddies, get to the end, either fight the big baddie or get the Quest Thingy, and in the boss room there is a shortcut to the entrance. A cliff drop inaccessible the other way, door locked from one side, that sort of thing.

It's fine once or twice, or if you go out of the building a different way and can snake down a building/mountain that way, but when literally 90% of "quest zone buildings" are designed this way, it just feels retarded.
>>
>>321115225
Picking up items, pressing buttons, using levers etc forces you to stop and watch the animation of your fucking hand slowly doing it before letting you continue to play

This fucking shit is so fucking annoying especially in FPS games.

JUST LET ME HIT THE BUTTON AND BUTTON IS PRESSED I DONT WANT TO SPEND 10 SECONDS WATCHING MY FUCKING HAND GOING FOR THE BUTTON
>>
>>321115225
>can literally grab through
>no one cares

>bethesda does it with the master lock broken door
>WOOW BRAVO BETHESDA
>>
>>321115954
>You can't even cancel the animation
The absolute worst.
>>
File: Morrowind+logic_1bd2d0_5620763.jpg (45 KB, 606x369) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind+logic_1bd2d0_5620763.jpg
45 KB, 606x369
>>321115225
bethesda
>>
>>321116465
This was purely made as a joke. You can't tell me otherwise.
>>
DaS
>>
>>321116682
Pretty much every FO and TES game has a place like this since Morrowind, i think
>>
How could from soft under tink tis in a treedee video game I mean you can reach right tru da bars it's ta little ting's like tis that really piss me off
>>
>>321115225
This is the difference between Demons Souls and the later games.

>a knee-high ledge blocks you way
>your character auto-climbs it
>it's the only place this animation exists. It was made purely to climb these small ledges that would otherwise shatter immersion in the world design.

Now that's good game design.
>>
>>321120127
>Broken staircase
>Loot on top of it
>It's lower than your waist
>Can't fucken reach it
Fuck you DaS
>>
>>321115340
>I shill so hard I refuse to acknowledge blatant design flaws

Soulsfags everyone.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.