[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AOE2 thread. Let's answer some questions: >What's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (456 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
456 KB, 1920x1080
AOE2 thread.

Let's answer some questions:

>What's the strongest of the new civs?
>How good are some of the rebalanced civs? (Franks, Indians)
>What are some good new strategies?
>Are siege towers useful at all?

I find shotels with arson can take down buildings really fast, they move fast and are produced fast too. You can quickly conjure up small groups of shotels and just send them around the map to quickly "snipe" enemy buildings, or quickly kill villagers
>>
Need to post some variation of "le epic we wuz kings" meme otherwise neo-/v/ won't want to participate
>>
>>321115437
We got plenty of discussion last thread. It just got memed to death.
>>
>make threads about this
>make friends over the years
>australian junky bro
>eventually he removes me after telling me nobody stays

I .. I was having fun learning and suffering by your hands man why did you do it? :_____________;

Oh man this fucking game is just spreadsheets simulator like pokermons or eve
>>
Goths will always be the best Unless you have to play overly defensively.

Siege towers are a cool concept but in practice I've found they suck since they try and run away when attacked.
>>
>>321117474
Their imperial can always be denied or sufficiently delayed, unless you're on something like Arena.
>>
Magyars
nearly every good unit is available to them
and their special unit can be spammed forever
>>
>>321117474
Koreans were always banned in tournaments and for good reasons.
Koreans are OP
>>
>>321119138
Out of what? War wagon spam?
>>
File: 1450419311466.png (174 KB, 265x258) Image search: [Google]
1450419311466.png
174 KB, 265x258
How is the Portuguese, competitive?
>>
>>321120532
Feitorias aren't really that good

Probably UU spam, they have a great naval UU that might actually beat out Vikings for once
>>
WE
>>
>>321119250
War wagons are bullshit once you start getting more than 10 only real counter are onagers they destroy everything else before they can even reach them.
>>
Anyone wanna get some games going?
>>
>>321120793

WUZ
>>
KING WEWUZ
I
N
G

W
E
W
U
Z
>>
Did the newer versions ever fix the skirmish AI? I liked making eight player games but the AI only going for me after five minutes and the eventual slowdown isn't very fun.
>>
>>321121000
I've literally never played AOE2 online before. And I had AoK on CD around '06
>>
>>321117474
Goth are objectively the best and only civ you should pick against a player of the same level.

In AoE if you win the early feudal infantry skirmish decisively, then you win the whole game. Which is precisely what the Goth can grant you.

We've tried it over and over again with a friend, that 30% infantry discount means they have 30% more infantry than you, means they immediately put you on the defensive and under heavy stress right in early Feudal.
Means they are the first to get a catapult going if you ever reach Castle. By the time they have a catapult and their infantry blob narrowing your town you're fucked.

You can't counter infantry with archers fast enough due to the added cost and time of building an archery range and using wood over food.

I tried posting and asking about this on the aoc zone, and all they could come up with was one vid of some guy pulling significantly higher micro feat than his Goth opponent, proving my point that Goths have an edge when the two players have the same skill.
>>
>>321121000
Where do people play this nowadays? Last I remember the competitive scene was on voobly but that was a while ago
>>
Ok, so I have a LAN coming up in 2 weeks and there will be a few rounds of AoE2.

Needless to say I suck so bad at RTS. What is the cheapest and easiest strategy I can use to not get raped.
>>
>>321121487
Voobly for good players, Steam has a decent amount of new players.
>>
did they fix the shit ui in the menus?

If not why the fuck would i play this over the free user patch?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.