[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Runescape nostalgia thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: Snow_Imp.png (193 KB, 500x535) Image search: [Google]
Snow_Imp.png
193 KB, 500x535
>How did you get in the game?
>Why do you still play/Why did you quit?
>Best memory
>What is your snow imp's name?
>>
>Played since 07 , my brother got me into it
>I quit in 12 , i only visit when i feel like it
>Competing with my friends
>Marvin
>>
>How did you get into the game?
Older brother showed me it
>Why do you still play/Why did you quit?
I burn myself out of games a lot because I tunnel in on one game and I tunnel in hard. Although I'll probably go back to 07 in a month or two.
>Best Memory
My first 99
>What is your snow imp's name
Can I have a reminder what it is and which year it was done? I've got a ton of event items but the years they came from were kind of scattered, due to the burnout thing.
>>
File: connectmidpuzzle.jpg (96 KB, 398x334) Image search: [Google]
connectmidpuzzle.jpg
96 KB, 398x334
>>
File: 1444459072109.jpg (51 KB, 394x379) Image search: [Google]
1444459072109.jpg
51 KB, 394x379
>>321109138
THE WORST QUEST
>>
>>321107762
My cousin got me into in when I was in 4th grade (2007 I think) when I introduced him into Club Penguin

I used to play. I quit because I realized how boring it was and how I didn't really feel like doing anything in the game. Also the community died.

I have a lot of memories.
One of my first memories was the game was wondering around Lumbridge. I remember getting killed by a bear. I had thought I had traveled so far. Then me and my brother would struggle for hours trying to walk our way to the Gnome Stronghold for the agility course and gnomeball.

Then I remember playing for hours when I sick in school. I joined a clan with like 3 other people. I remember having to write down the name of clan everytime because the old clan system was weird. Old clan wars was fun as FUCK though.

Then when I started playing again I joined a clan. It was awesome, they were great people.

Lots of other stuff, too. Like randomly getting 200k from stranger. Running into the wilderness randomly. The reason I don't enjoy the game as much anymore is because I know it way too in-depth now. All the memories I have aren't anything special, but since I was kid, it made everything feel so much greater.

The best memory I have though, is just looking through that world map. It was so big and mysterious. I don't think anything could capture my imagination like that again. I look at the map now, and even though its basically the same, I don't get the same feelings. Thats nostalgia for ya.

I miss it. I sometimes think about going back, but its not the same. Oh well.
>>
>older brother played it 5-8ish
>quit because it turned to shit
>finding an abby whip on the ground near lv1 wildy in edgeville at the safe spot and watching the guy who dropped it get all butthurt on me
>? ? ?
>>
File: become.png (9 KB, 482x503) Image search: [Google]
become.png
9 KB, 482x503
>Played first time in 04, got really into it in 07
>I quit in 12, but came back in 14 for OSRS
>Clan Wars w/ SkyTheKid and Mithzan (before the Minecraft Uprising)
>What the fuck is a snow imp
>>
Runescape was my second online game after Adventure Quest (and Neopets if that counts)

Probably started when I was 10 in 2004 I believe. Quit about 2 years after that simply because I was playing other games like Maplestory and then World of Warcraft.

I don't recall a lot of specific moments. There was a drop party in one of the member zones that I remember because someone dropped a party hat. Another oddly specific memory was when this new gnome zone opened up and I skipped school to farm flax like all day.

What's a snow imp?
>>
File: PANIC.jpg (47 KB, 640x448) Image search: [Google]
PANIC.jpg
47 KB, 640x448
>>321109138
>>
Started in 2007 all my friends played, I was the last one to start and the last one to quit (by a lot)

Quit as soon as EOC came out, ruined Runescape for me

Barraging at Castle Wars best memory

No snow imp
>>
>>321107762
>>How did you get in the game?
kid in elementary showed me the game when he came over to my place
>>Why do you still play/Why did you quit?
I realized what a big ass waste of time it was, and that Jagex were evolving the game a direction I didn't like
>>Best memory
briefly getting the quest cape before getting cucked with that Nomad quest or whatever
>>What is your snow imp's name?
what the fuck's that
>>
>>321108991
>I'll probably go back to 07 in a month or two.
time...travel?
>>
>>321111797
You can play using the old client. They still have updates and such for it.

Its called "old school"
>>
>>321112218
is some version called 07 or did they mean traveling back in time.
>>
>>321112597
Yeah its called 07scape.
Some people like it some people say its still too updated (most complaints stemming from the fact the G.E got re-added) but I like it
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.