[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Growlanser and other jrpg thread which seldom get any, whether
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 11
File: full.jpg (177 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
full.jpg
177 KB, 1280x720
Growlanser and other jrpg thread which seldom get any, whether is xenogears or legend of the dragoon I feel like we need a thread tonight about those older jrpg's which don't get any love.

Feel free to share tips, bosses which you loved and characters which you hated.

Starting the thread off with a few pics of growlanser sense of justice which im currently playing.

Also im enjoying these giftbox captchas hiro
>>
File: battle viable.jpg (46 KB, 230x600) Image search: [Google]
battle viable.jpg
46 KB, 230x600
>>321107716
I'll not that growlanser sense of justice has multiple routes and endings, one of which is an evil route, and features a new game+. These things are what drew me to the game and its an srpg which has allowed me to enjoy the game quite a bit even though it has the typical terrible voice acting which accompanies lots of games.
>>
>>321107716
Welp... time to watch some hentai.
>>
>>321108061
The game has lots of girls which wear..."unique""" outfits so maybe you'll enjoy this series for that reason!

Also I know it wasn't in the OP but if there are any IRC'd dedicated to video games that /v/ knows of or even a /v/ IRC which has been created. I would love to join.
>>
File: democracy leads to nazism!.png (172 KB, 234x746) Image search: [Google]
democracy leads to nazism!.png
172 KB, 234x746
>>321108557
It has an alright story as well with kind of intricate plots. There's many characters with different motivations as well in growlanser
>>
hmmm i seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
File: alpha protocol.jpg (38 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
alpha protocol.jpg
38 KB, 460x215
>>321109424
Alpha protocol is an oldish game now to I believe, its also not really that popular so it can have a place here in this discussion. I've also played it and it takes awhile to get going but I enjoyed it.

It also has waifus
>>
>>321107716
Comon /v/ theres a billion rehashed threads up right now, steam gifting threads, at least 2 threads about the remake, and another smash thread.

I can't even get a few replies for a series which gets no love and isnt popular, but is a decent game series that got weeded out cause it wasnt FPS:MONTHLY EDITION WITH CUT DLC AND SJW COMMENTARY, or finalfantasu 15 lightning returns (again). The reason we dont have such a large selection anymore and the reason games have declined in quality is because things which took a chance are no longer viable cause you need to sell so much product.

If /v/ would expand its horizons with some of these older games they could see all the gems its missed, but we have to have threads and we have to have people particpate in them and discuss the worst and best games and the best and worst parts of them...

Like these designs
>>
So how much of this franchise is good material? All I know about it is that I fapped to the girls in some vidya mag a bunch of times.
>>
>>321107716
Lufia 2 i thought it was really good
>>
File: 629178-919208_20041220_002.jpg (100 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
629178-919208_20041220_002.jpg
100 KB, 720x480
>>321111879
Ive played wayfarer of time and its...a different game. I believe the main good part of the game is that its got an evil route where you kill most of your friends.

Sense of justice is what im playing now and it seems alright but short
>>
>>321111879
That's plastic little, niglet.
>>
File: crysiel.jpg (836 KB, 1300x1500) Image search: [Google]
crysiel.jpg
836 KB, 1300x1500
I never played much of the sequel but this one was okay.
>>
>Once upon a time
>Trying to get with this Chinese chick
>In a fit of betaness I ordered the Growlanser games for her because she said she loved them
>Found my spine and balls, told her to fuck off because she was playing a bunch of guys and abusing their yellow fever for free gifts
>Now have the PS2 and PSP ones

Okay guys, I have had these two games sitting on my shelf for a couple years now and never so much as cracked them open. What the fuck are they.
>>
File: 1443463154186.png (610 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1443463154186.png
610 KB, 1200x1200
>>321111113
I love SRPGs and my PC is kinda good.

Can I play Growlanser on PCSX2? Which one should I play first? Is it gud?
>>
>>321112557
Just fucking play them.
Also, Iunderstandyourfrustration.jpg
>>
File: Growlanser_IV_Hien.png (433 KB, 592x839) Image search: [Google]
Growlanser_IV_Hien.png
433 KB, 592x839
>>321112713
Its good but you have to do a ton of shit to make it work with pcsx2, ive had to use the dev build and even though it runs more smoothly on software mode, running it in hardware is the only way to make it not freeze when saving your game.

If you have an email I can help you set it up because I spend like literally 2 or 3 days setting it up to work alright and to not freeze.
>>
>>321113385
Is this a good place to start? It seems there is no problem with this one http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Growlanser_Generations
>>
I was kinda disappointed when I learned mystara and tower of doom leveled you up on a stage-by-stage basis
>>
>>321114041
>http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Growlanser_Generations

I swear to you that this is false and the saving problem is a well known issue.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Growlanser-Save-Game-Freeze-Playstation-Clock-Not-Saving-Time

I've even been on the pcsx2 IRC and its a known problem.

I can help you if you have an email to share
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.