[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which popular pixel Indy game was better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: indy.png (329 KB, 628x488) Image search: [Google]
indy.png
329 KB, 628x488
Which popular pixel Indy game was better?
>>
Shovel knight

The plague knight DLC was also amazing
>>
>>321106729
They're not really comparable. And this is coming from someone who hasn't played Shovel Knight yet.
>>
>>321106729
Haven't played undertale but Shovel Knight was great.
>>
Don't know why you're comparing those two.
Might as well throw Nuclear Throne and Crypt of the Necrodancer in the mix.
>>
>>321107079
>>321107128
I kind of associate their popularity with each other since Undertale's replicated Shovel Knights success last year
>>
They're both great for different reasons.

shovel knight is totally better
>>
>>321107248
Undertale is immensely more popular than Shovel Knight though.
>>
>>321106729
I would say Shovel Knight's writing is much more straightforward, whereas Undertale's writing is in it for subversion and humor.

One plays a lot more with video game ideas and expectations but loses it's replay value over the course of 2-3 playthroughs, whereas Shovel Knight sticks much closer to established conventions and has a lot of replayability even now with more campaigns and modes to come.

Like >>321107079 said, don't compare apples to oranges.
>>
>>321107384
No it isn't, Shovel Knights sold more copies, is on multiple platforms and is getting a fucking Amiibo
>>
>>321106729
One is a shameless ripoff of one of the most overrated franchises in video games, yet completely fails to capture what made the original games so beloved. The few original gameplay quirks it has are half-cooked and fall flat and everyone will have forgotten about the game within the next year.

The other one is Undertale.
>>
File: freedom_planet.jpg (155 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
freedom_planet.jpg
155 KB, 1280x720
>>321106729
>>
>>321107384
It's not lmao. Get your news from somewhwre besides v and Tumblr fag >>
>>
>>321107384
Undertale only has a much more rabid and autistic fanbase
>>
>>321107721
So one is good and one is undertale?
>>
>>321107721
Nice one Craig Ferguson
>>
>>321106729
i would like to say shovel knight but im heavily biased towards anything that looks or plays like megaman.

Also not super impressed by earthbound.
>>
Nuclear Throne is the best indie pixel game by a very wide margin.
>>
nice retro indieshit pixel art faggots
>>
File: 1310176136868.jpg (21 KB, 267x261) Image search: [Google]
1310176136868.jpg
21 KB, 267x261
Undertale is the cheapest right now so it's definitely better.
>>
Well, Shovel Knight appeals to people who play video games, while Undertale appeals to people who pretend to play video games. Both are indieshit anyways, and I can't see either holding much significance in the grand scale of things.
>>
>>321106729

Why do people buy pixel games in the year 2015?
>>
>>321106729
my brain really took a while to believe there was no "shitty" in the OP
>>
>>321109765
what do you think you see when you play Witcher 3 on a monitor?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.