[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FFVII has a lot of weird, artsy camera work like this. None of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: Dutch angle.jpg (182 KB, 640x449) Image search: [Google]
Dutch angle.jpg
182 KB, 640x449
FFVII has a lot of weird, artsy camera work like this. None of it will survive the remake.
>>
Those are some HUGE books holy shit.
>>
did sephiroth...read this?
>>
>>321101686
They'll do the same camera work, if not better. It just wont be special anymore, it'll be the norm.
>>
>>321101686
I fucking LOVE these pre-rendered backgrounds
>>
>needing to remind OP that the game is a remake, not a remaster
>>
>>321101768
Considering that most of them are science manuals and research journals, I'd expect that they're huge.
>>
I thought it was funny when the cutscene showed him manically reading those books and leaving them everywhere, then when you went back there he stopped to pick them all up.
>>
>>321102000
FF7's backgrounds are nice

>>321102540
They really really should've replaced those when they discovered his notes were faulty
>>
Out of all the things you expect to get worse, you pin the camerawork, when Square's been doing fancy FMVs for god knows how long since?
>>
>>321103005
Well, Nibelheim burnt to the ground, and I imagine that the Shinra Mansion and its wooden basement burned right along with it.

But I haven't played any of the Compilation, so maybe the mansion was spared from the fire? I dunno.
Either way, I bet they did get replaced.
>>
This is kind of the fucked up thing about this game and I bet it's a translation issue. According to Sephiroth the Cetra were nomads. And yet they had at least 2 major centralized locations: The Forgotten Capital and the Temple of the Ancients.
>>
>>321103582
Forgotten Capital was their last location before extinction (which would be true of any society, nomadic or otherwise), and Temple of the Ancients was a hiding place for the Black Materia.
>>
File: FF8InANutShell.jpg (201 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
FF8InANutShell.jpg
201 KB, 1280x800
I'm thinking about buying FF7 and FF8 off PSN so I can play them on my PS3. Do the PSN editions have the original soundtracks to the games?
>>
>>321104641
Nah, they replaced the songs with rap music.
>>
>>321104780
kek
>>
>>321104780

when the steam version of ff7 came out, they had to replace a lot of the soundtrack for some reason. That's essentially where my question comes from.
>>
File: final fantasy 8.jpg (43 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
final fantasy 8.jpg
43 KB, 480x360
>>321104641
>>
>>321104975
Everything's the same on PSN.
>>
>>321105258

thanks anon
>>
>>321104975
They didn't have to, they straight up ported the old PC version with the MIDI soundtrack. They patched in the original later.
The PSN versions are just emulation of the originals, they have everything that was in them.
>>
>>321102000
But why? I'm playing through FF7 right now and it's hard for me to move through places because I can't tell what's a wall and what's not because of this.
>>
>>321106285
One thing that helped me way back when I didn't know this entire game by heart was to press select which showed the entrances and exits. You'll still get some wonky paths and angles but you'll know what's a door you can interact with and what's just background fluff.
>>
>>321101686
Quality writing
>>
>>321101686

>dutch tilt
>artsy

Pick one.
>>
>>321102000

haha save the image my friend, it's all yours
>>
>>321106759

Cut sephie-kun some slack, he's at the end of his wits.
>>
>>321106946
The guy was probably teetering even before he got to Nibel and after reading Gast's (erroneous) notes he lost his shit
>>
>>321106285
If you press select it puts a cursor over you and red triangles over doors and green triangles over ladders. It doesn't do it with secrets.
>>
File: FF7 is best FF period.jpg (154 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
FF7 is best FF period.jpg
154 KB, 1280x720
Finally getting around to completing FF7 as I had played it years ago on a PS1 emulator on PC, but got distracted and stopped at Costa Del Sol. A best bro of mines loves FF7 with all of his heart so I wanted to complete it too. He beat this shit like 20 times though.

So now I started over on the PSP which is comfy.

This is not a meme
This is not baiting

FF7 is THE BEST in the franchise and i'm sorry if you think otherwise.

Graphically? Inferior to every other FF
Story? Superior
Music? Superior
Lore?Superior
Pacing?Superior
Content?Superior
Battle system? Superior

The backstory for Aerith had a nigga crying.
The conspiracies behind Shinra is amazing
I could go on and on.

And I've played others in the series and FF7 is superior. It just is /v/ face it. The Remake will be shit though it's just not the same world we live in.
>>
>>321107327
FF7 is second best.
FFT is best.
Close, though. Very close.
>>
>>321107327
>Nurutu

>>321107540
I love FF7. I've been playing it since 99. FFT definitely has the better story and closer to the word "tactical."
>>
>>321103416
it's still there. that's where you get to meet vincent.
>>
>>321107327
>Not putting Tifa in the middle to maximize victory boob shots
>>
File: 1363541009155.jpg (115 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
1363541009155.jpg
115 KB, 1000x800
>>321107327
>Naruto wall scroll
>>
Jenova... Project..?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.