[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>game's more than 2 years old >only 15% off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 12
File: DayZ SA.png (484 KB, 712x427) Image search: [Google]
DayZ SA.png
484 KB, 712x427
>game's more than 2 years old
>only 15% off
>>
>game is buggy broken piece of shit
>actually allowed to be sold
>>
>>321098428
The only reason people buy this game is because of streamers, don't bother.
>>
>>321098428

Why bother when you can get ARMA 2 and Operation Arrowhead, and thus the DayZ mod for 5 bucks and have a much better and much more complete game.

Like, one that has actual zombies in it. And a better medical system.
>>
>>321099187
Just drawing attention to the fact that they're kikes.
>>
>>321099187
I still have the humble bundle Arma 2 codes. Should I give it a try or just fuck it?
>>
Official thread theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WCFUGCOLLU

I wish I'd never bought into this before Steam refunds. What a piece of shit. It's a shame because I had so much fun with the original mod in early 2012
>>
>>321098428
>raise the price before almost every sale
>reduce price to original price
>>
>>321099559
Do you not think the game will be good eventually? Do you not think there's a reason for the delays? If you played the mod in 2012 then you must have some experience with ArmA, and Bohemia as a company. They don't abandon their games.
>>
>>321098428

H1Z1 is better.
>>
Is it worth it? Or should I get the DayZ Mod?
>>
Dead old game that made a brief revival a year ago but then died for good.

Introduced paid advantage ',cosmetics only for now guise, promise' options on private servers and the last few fucked off.

Install Arma2 instead and crank the graphics options upto max
>>
>>321099187
>Why bother when you can get ARMA 2 and Operation Arrowhead, and thus the DayZ mod for 5 bucks and have a much better and much more complete game.
Is there any difference between getting the standalone version and that?
>>
>>321099945
Lots of differences that you should look into for yourself, but in all honesty: just get arma2, for now. DayZ standalone if it is ever ready, won't be for a long time yet
>>
>>321099828
I thought Deano had some other team of his own working on the game now? They keep spending their time putting in useless shit instead of fixing core issues. Most recent update I read about was roaming wolves that can attack you even though zombies still don't properly work and the framerate absolutely tanks in built up areas. Tanks worse on my SSD and R9 290x compared to back in 2012 when I used a mechanical HDD and a 6970
>>
>>321098428
>DayZ defense force said it'd enter beta by autumn 2014
hahahaha enjoy your unfinished, massively broken turd
>>
>>321099828
Yeah, I can't wait for 2050 either when this game is finally finished and fun!
>>
>>321098565

I'd say this is the far bigger crime. Like, what the actual fuck have they been doing all this time?
>>
>>321098428
I know that feel OP

>Never goes below 15% every sale
>Decided to read the reviews the negative ones because they are the most honest.
>Pretty much sums up to the devs don't even work on it anymore and have just cashed out

Would explain why it never goes below 15% they are just milking it.
>>
>this broken buggy horribly optimized mess is being ported to console

I find it hilarious. The game barely runs on high end rigs
>>
>>321100220
Rocket was contracted for 1 year as DayZ SA's project lead, after it expired he left and formed his own studio. They are fixing the core issues by developing a new engine based off the ArmA one, but it takes a long time to make a new engine. You can see some of this progress by adding -newui as a DayZ launch parameter in Steam; the new tech is even buggier and broken than vanilla but it has doubled the framerate in cities, and that's without the new rendering module. It stays at about 40 FPS for me which is still pretty shit, but it's far better than 20.
>>
File: pls.png (240 KB, 984x682) Image search: [Google]
pls.png
240 KB, 984x682
Looks like a fellow /v/ poster already got banned on the forums
>>
>>321100640
Implementing tertiary features while major issues remain unfixed. Who gives a fuck about horticulture when you still can't consistently hit any of the thirty or so zeds on a server?
>>
>>321099873
H1Z1 is just Battle Royale and hackers
>>
>early dayz mod was a fucking blast, it was buggy as hell but original and fun
>everyone hyped for a big patch to fix zombies
>patches end up breaking the zombies completely
>zombies now had eagle vision and superhuman hearing
>standalone comes out
>"finally maybe this shit will be fixed"
>same exact problems as mod, but the UI was a little more user friendly

>boot up game 2 months ago with a buddy
>zombies have almost been removed entirely
>5 mins after spawn im starving and thirsty
>drink gallons of water and 20 cans of food
>10 mins later, starving and thirsty again
>die from thirst on my way to next town

Its a shame, all the fun i had before. Dont think ill ever play this heap of shit again.
>>
File: kekmeme.jpg (84 KB, 508x504) Image search: [Google]
kekmeme.jpg
84 KB, 508x504
>>321098428
>game more than 2 years old
>only 15% finished
>>
>>321100668
The """""sale""""" price is just 20 cents cheaper than what the game cost about a year ago, they jacked up the price because the game is getting closer to being done supposedly.
>>
Are they even working on this anymore?
>>
>>321098428
I legit forgot I owned this
>>
>>321098428
>more than two years old
>not even 15% finished
WEW LAD

But for real, don't buy DayZ, ever. The dev team is criminally incompetent and the lead guy has already taken his 47 new lambos and left.
>>
>>321102058
Yes. A massive patch just rolled out which fixed a lot of shit and readded fuck tonnes of zombies and other stuff.
The next big implementation will be the new renderer which will make it not run like shit
>>
>>321099885
neither
>>
File: Screenshot 000088.png (18 KB, 593x142) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 000088.png
18 KB, 593x142
>""
>>
File: 1446775145180.jpg (62 KB, 589x589) Image search: [Google]
1446775145180.jpg
62 KB, 589x589
>only 15% complete as well
>Riddled by TwitchFags and Grierfers hunting said TwitchFags as well as ton's of bugs and other issues.

I'm glad I never bought into the Day Z Hype.
>>
>X Devs Decide to make a Zombie Survivor game
>Game has a mode where players can play Last Stand style game over the big map
>Nobody gives a shit about the Zombie aspect everyone plays the Last Stand mode
>Years after the Game is still advertised as Zombie Survivor

How many times this shit happened.
>>
>>321102663
Missing out desu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taa7CLbv4YI
>>
>>321102342
>readded fuck tons of zombies
Why
Why would you do this
Why would you just go onto the internet and tell lies?

There are legit 30 zombies in a 400 sq. km map

>>321102058
>>321099885
Don't buy the SA, its a massive garbage heap. In two years they've accomplished the following
>added some backpacks
>added dresses so you could be the little girl
>removed zombies
>broke loot
>fixed loot
>added basic vehicles
>farming that no one will ever use because lol survival isn't a thing
>player models FUCKING DISAPPEAR past a couple hundred meters
>added more frame rate destroying cities, removed a fair chunk of wilderness
>clothes offer more protection than a fucking ballistic plate
>fixed ArmAs retarded animal AI
>didn't fix the retarded zombie AI

But people on the Steam and Mod forums just baw about how "THE NEW RENDERER AND ENGINE R CUMING" "JUST WAIT GUYZ I SWARE THIS GAME WILL GO SOMEWHERE"
>>
>>321102837
>cherrypick a few ebin moments
>"This is the best game ever XDDD"
>>
>there will never be a decent open world zombie survival game with modern graphics

Why doesnt a larger company take the idea?
Theres been 500 attempts and shitty spinoffs by small devs. Its obvious people crave it, why wont someone take the reigns?
Guarenteed billion copies sold
>>
>>321103440
Isn't that what Sony did with H1Z1?
Although that game seems pretty shit too so far, I'm not even going to touch it until the full version is released for free, as promised. (Which will probably be never anyway). I've already shelled out $30 for DayZ and that was a total piece of shit, I'm not going to make the same mistake twice.
>>
>>321102761
I'm not too familiar with these games is last stand considered battle royale in h1z1 or is it something different?
>>
>>321103091
>THE NEW RENDERER AND ENGINE R CUMING
Because they are you fucking retard. Literally no evidence to say they're not. You think the devblogs are all elaborate stories to fool the 5 people left who care about the game? That the devs are paid to post on the forums to keep these same 5 people interested? And the opt-in UI tech added in the last patch is all smoke and mirrors? Keep on with the baseless hate circlejerk.
>>
>>321103785
>Keep on with the baseless hate circlejerk
>baseless hate circlejerk
Yep, totally unbased.
>>
>>321100905
>banned
ahahahahahh fucking damage control
>>
>>321103994
Wrong choice of words. Sure the game is shit now, but to say the engine is not coming and that Bohemia are liars is ignorant.
>>
>>321103091
Thanks.
>>
>>321103440

Because a shitass mod for Arma does it way better than they can hope to. Arma 3 mods blow any of the competition out of the water.

Simple fact is, modders are more dedicated and better at their jobs than proper devs are. Why, I dunno.
>>
>>321100887

What the fuck possessed them to base DayZ Standalone off of Arma 2 (and one of the wonky forks for the helicopter training sim expansion at that) instead of Arma 3?

It was time for an Arma 3 explicitly because Arma 2 had outstayed its welcome and was a buggy piece of unoptimized garbage, and they tried to pile a full scale zombie apocalypse scenario on top of that?
>>
>>321106138
I don't know, I guess because when they started working on it the arma 3 engine wasn't finished. There's not a huge difference between 2 and 3 anyway, the controls are smoother on 3's and it has some DX11 capabilities but that's it.
>>
>>321106491
>the controls are smoother on 3's and it has some DX11 capabilities
That's a pretty big deal. Especially the controls. Trying to play Arma 2 after 3 is fucking painful.
>>
>>321098428
good it'll prevent more innocent souls having to suffer this garbage game
>>
>>321099945

Better medical system, more zombies, more weapons, more vehicles, better combat, better UI, better inventory in some cases, better atmosphere due to music if you do more of the actual survival horror route.

Only thing that DayZ standalone has over the mod is some graphic updates and a more fleshed out hunger and thirst system.
>>
>>321100907
>Who gives a fuck about horticulture when you still can't consistently hit any of the thirty or so zeds on a server?

When have they ever had double digit zeds?

Last 20 hours of gameplay I've only seen one glitched out zombie that probably wasn't supposed to be there.
>>
>>321107216
The way zombies work now is that there's a few around the place but if you shoot a gun a ton of them spawn near you and come towards the sound.
>>
>>321103091

Yeah, even the DayZ mod at it's worst would still have 200-300 zombies running around.

One of DayZ's problems is that it never figured out how to make zombies work in the game.
>>
>>321103785
>Literally no evidence to say they're not.

It's trying to prove a negative.

I won't believe it until I see it, because so far, the devs have crushed any idea that they're competent enough to actually make this thing work.
>>
File: DayzSAinanutshell.gif (2 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
DayzSAinanutshell.gif
2 MB, 600x338
>>321106075
>Arma 3 mods blow any of the competition out of the water.

Pretty much this.

There were ARMA 3 mods that came out within 6 months of release that were 10x better than anything DayZ SA has shown thus far.
>>
>>321107510

MEANWHILE THE FREE MOD FOR ARMA 3 IS MILES BETTER
>>
>>321107510

That's stupid.

Again, this is removing a feature from the mod (zombies come at the sound of guns in large numbers), then polish it a bit, re add the feature the mod has had for 3 years now, and act like it's some sort of accomplishment when they could have done little more than copy and pasted some code and gotten the job done.
>>
>>321107510
That is retarded.

Give me a wandering fucking horde that I have to avoid, not a single zombie with x-ray vision and Horton's hearing that suddenly spawns dozens of zombies from the fucking aether.
>>
>>321104313
The engine may be coming, but people need to stop acting like this single act will save the entire fucking game.

Unless theres a massive uptick in the rate that content comes out, this game is more or less dead in the water.
>>
>>321108773
The issue I think is that Bohemia prioritizes the development of the engine (for ArmA 4) over the development of DayZ.
>>
>>321108648

Pretty much.

You need those big wandering hordes in the thousands to lay siege to camps or whatever, and/or something like the AI Director to help distribute zombies and shit in a dynamic fashion.
>>
>>321103785
>New engine

Stop using words you don't understand faggot
>>
Rust and The Forest deliver exactly what Day Z do and better.
>>
>>321109613
Oh sorry I meant "the replacement of major legacy RV modules and the overhaul of the shit that's left"
>>
>>321100959
if that's all you play, sure. survival is really fun on h1z1.
>>
>>321109725

I've played the Forest.

No, it does not.

What's actually really tragic about DayZ, is that as shit as it is, it's still the closest thing there is to a no shit Zombie Apocalypse survival horror simulator.

It's a mess at best, but everything else that's tried it is worse and nowhere as engaging, H1Z1, Project Zomboid, The Forest, Rust, ARK, ect.
>>
>>321110148
That's because none of those games have a map even half as large as DayZ's and they aren't actively trying to kill the player as much as possible (through bugs or not)
>>
>>321110087

All H1Z1 survival is, is casualized DayZ. It's just super easy. It's way too easy to survive.

I've put like 50 hours into it and I literally have never died. I'd even venture that I'd never had my hunger, thirst or health drop under 50%.
>>
go go dayz shilling
>>
>>321099559
About refunds, can I refund a game without giving a reason?
>>
>>321110561
i can't measure survival without player interaction, not just the upkeep elements. and i usually played on big servers because it kept competition lively. i haven't logged on in several months, but i had clocked a good 180 hours on survival alone with a handful of BRs.
>>
>>321108136
which one i've seen a few dayz clones for 3
>>
>>321110437
>ark, rust , and h1z1 take a shit on it

Maybe ark, only in the sense that things literally shit on things in that game.

That's all it was. Farts and shit the game.

It was a garbage game.

Same with H1Z1. It's just DayZ super easy casual mode. It's DayZ after you remove everything that made it remotely interesting.
>>
>>321101749
I never understood the hunger and thirst shit. Or the setting in dayz for that matter. Just make a true open world stalker with (actual) multiplayer and we are golden.
>>
>>321111042
stalker had thirst and hunger
>>
>>321111240
they were gimmick mechanics that were incredibly forgetful
>>
>>321110759
>i can't measure survival without player interaction

I've come across players before. Half of them just were helpful, the others just sucked at aiming or something.

But part of that is because the actual gunplay is so much less interesting.

DayZ, being based on ARMA 2, there was a lot more of just getting sniped out of nowhere by a guy in a ghille suit you never saw.

H1Z1, no one shot me at a distance over 100 meters.

So, even the PVP is hurt because of how casual it is. Especially since there's no real meaningful medical system, no broken bones, pain status, getting knocked out, bleeding is a joke, you can restore all of your health by putting 4-5 bandages on for gunshots, ect.

The game is just super easy mode for anyone who's played an FPS and/or DayZ before, it's a night and day difference.
>>
>>321111240
They also had invisible creatures that were no shit horrifying and could wreck your shit instantly if you weren't careful. Zombies are boring as hell comparatively.
>>
>>321111042
>I never understood the hunger and thirst shit.
It's survival horror.

I do like the hunger and thirst stuff, as well as the medical shit. That's probably the only thing that the DayZ SA might have over the mod is a more in depth hunger/thirst system to play into the survival aspects.

>Or the setting in dayz for that matter.

It's lifted right from ARMA 2, Chernarus, former Warsaw Pact nation in Eastern Europe bordering with Russia.

I'd love to see a true open world MMO Stalker, but I'd want that to be a very different game than what DayZ is, they're too different, only having similar settings and maybe like tone and moods, but very different approaches, mechanics and circumstance.
>>
File: alienisolationatmosphere.jpg (245 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
alienisolationatmosphere.jpg
245 KB, 1920x1200
>>321111712
>Zombies are boring as hell comparatively.

They could work on it to make them terrifying again.

Like how the Xenomorphs were pretty much a joke, and then Alien Isolation made Xenos pants shittingly terrifying again.
>>
>>321111712
well, stalker had zombies too, remember. thats what the brain scorcher did
>>
game is a piece of shit, no one should play it
bought it before steam refunds and regret wasting money on this garbage shit
>>
>>321112157
It's zombies were bullet sponges with guns.
>>
h1z1 is better than this trash game, fuck dean hall
>>
File: 10341741795.jpg (29 KB, 500x328) Image search: [Google]
10341741795.jpg
29 KB, 500x328
>>321098428
>game's been in 'alpha' for 3-4 years
>developers never meet their own roadmap
>no zombies
>shit performance
>filled with hackers/cheaters/fags
>hardly any loot
>the only way you could possibly defend the lack of development is with their mysterious new renderer that faggots think will magically fix all of the problems the game has
>$29.99
>>
>>321112118
Open world alien when?
>>
>>321112776
the performance is so atrocious
>>
>>321112250
...which is what zombies are. shoot them in the head? now, if your gonna say headshots are spongy, thats why you play it on master, the only difficulty that scales the headshot multiplier the way its ment to be. sure, you will get one shotted, but anyone NOT wearing a helmet will too. none of that stumbling around and taking tons of bullets.

really, if you didnt play on master, go do it
>>
>>321103091
>400sq km map
the map is 225sq km you fucking retard
goes to show you're just here baiting
>>
Isn't there a way people could call them out on their bullshit? Like a petition or something to at least get refunded?
It's obvious that this isn't getting seriously worked on, they never met any deadlines.
People just seemed to forget about it, they shouldn't, they should be mad.
But then again, every time an early access survival game comes out on steam it's instant best-seller so I guess people are just retarded.
>>
>>321111042
>Just make a true open world stalker with (actual) multiplayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmklF4az0pE
>>
>>321102342
>The next big implementation will be the new renderer which will make it not run like shit

Now there's a statement that's been around for some time.... "Just hold tight, the renderer is on its way, next patch, patch after, next month, next month this time next year.."

It was beginning to sound weak this time last year
>>
>>321100812
>ported to console

I'm still waiting on the PC version
>>
>>321114592
no wildlife = no interest
>>
>>321111042

They don't want to make a PvP shooter. They are pretty open about it be fair. They want a survival sim first, any combat a distant second.

Just a shame they've taken your money on the basis of a totally different game from what they are trying to make,
>>
File: 1391503781841.png (527 KB, 829x466) Image search: [Google]
1391503781841.png
527 KB, 829x466
>>321098428
Were these cunts not supposed to release the official 'beta' version in December 2015?

What the fuck are they doing?
>>
File: alpha.jpg (209 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
alpha.jpg
209 KB, 1600x900
>>321098565
Well it is still in alpha. Sure, they're taking their sweet time with it, but nonetheless prioritizing optimalisation when you're still adding features is pointless.
>>
File: 1446249977977.gif (259 KB, 104x152) Image search: [Google]
1446249977977.gif
259 KB, 104x152
>>321115324

>mfw when Dayz Standalone's first ETA was late 2012
>>
>check to see if anything has changed
>no zombies
>no loot
>it's still just a deathmatch on revamped chernarus
>repeat every four months
It's really sad.
>>
>tfw you will never see a dayz clone with npc bandit alife
Heres mfw: :'(
>>
There is no reason why an older game should be cheaper.
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.