[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
alright /v/ whats some GOOD racing games on steam? was looking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 1442076899653.jpg (3 MB, 2586x1260) Image search: [Google]
1442076899653.jpg
3 MB, 2586x1260
alright /v/ whats some GOOD racing games on steam?

was looking at dirt rally but thats 42 bucks during the sale so I'm a bit iffy on it now
>>
Corsa, dirt rally, shift
>>
>>321089256
do you want simulation or arcade stuff like Initial D?
>>
>pc
>good racing games
The only thing pc offers is glorified driving simulators
>>
>>321089565
pretty iffy on corsa too, since I see people complaining about low content and every update breaking mods
But its 50% off so might as well try it I guess
Shift looks good though, thanks

>>321089950
Simulation mostly
>>
>>321090272
Assetto Corsa is an AMAZING driving sim, but a wheel is recommended.
>>
odds of an Initial D PS4 game?

all the arcades near me shut down years ago.
>>
>>321090272
Project Cars is fun, but dont go in expecting the best of the best. Its just a fun driving game.

Assetto Corsa is better, but if you go for it, you might as well go all the way and get a wheel, because it expects you to take it seriously.
>>
AC is the only decent one desu.
>>
>>321089950
Any games that will give you a intial d experience ?
>>
>>321089256
if you believe in meme access Wreckfest was supposed to be pretty fun
Hot Pursuit 2010 is cool also
>>
>>321089256
If you are new to racing sims and don't want to invest too much time get Project Cars. It has lots of content, looks great and has day/night cycle + weather effects which is awesome. Also the 24h races are really awesome.

That being said if you ask me just driving around the Nordschleife in Assetto Corsa is WAY more fun than all the flashy stuff Project Cars has to offer. It just is more challenging and fun to drive. So from a pure driving perspective it is way better than PC if you ask me.

tl;dr for newer players PC has the best graphics, lots of content and weather + day/night. if you want the best driving experience get AC
>>
>>321090859
I don't remember the exact name of it, but I got some Initial D game from Menards when I was younger, and it was absolute shit, so it was the perfect Initial D experience.

I do like the Initial D arcade games though
>>
Project cars is a lot of fun and the physics can be very challenging/realistic.The career mode is nice in that it allows you to start from the bottom, the middle, the top, wherever and progress from there.

Can't go wrong with AC either.
>>
>>321090859
only I know of on steam is Trackmania United (coastal tracks and island tracks).

There's also Absolute Drift, which is a top down game like the old arcade Initial D games (it even has a AE86 Trueno the black front)
>>
Euiro truck 2,is it worth it?
>>
>>321089256
Just wanted to throw it out there but F1 2013 is a racing game to consider. I play racing games casually and it hits a good middle ground between simulation and arcade fun for me.
It should get a sale soon and would be worth anything under 15 bucks.

>finally watched legend 2 at 3am after completely forgetting about it
It was fucking great. Too bad it will end with the third movie.
>>
File: wet2.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
wet2.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>321092992
I second F1 2013, it's pretty decent and dead cheap too. It has a co op career mode which is really fun if you've got a friend to race with
>>
The Crew is okay arcade racer with a huge map, which is a plus. Forget about the stupid storyline though.

Wreckfest has all the makings of a great game but development is slow as fuck.
>>
>>321089256
Burnout Paradise or Need For Speed Most Wanted 2013 will get you tons of fun.

They are both pretty much the same kind of game, where you fuck around in a big open world city and its dense with stuff to do in it. Its also incredibly fun to fuck around in with random online people.
>>
>>321090859
Grid 1 has the 86 and cool drift stages
>>
File: Split_Second.jpg (543 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Split_Second.jpg
543 KB, 1280x1024
>>321089256
Split/Second if you want one of the best arcade racers ever created.
>>
File: 1206339344863.gif (1004 KB, 360x359) Image search: [Google]
1206339344863.gif
1004 KB, 360x359
>>321095298
>that OST
>that VS Elite theme
>>
>>321095298
Securom is fucked on win 10
>>
>>321089256

Dirt Rally is worth every dollar especially if you like Rally driving. It's a sim but I wouldn't say it's a hardcore sim.
>>
>>321096560
is there a good career mode ?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.