[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one would I like best?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: stalker.png (718 KB, 1338x659) Image search: [Google]
stalker.png
718 KB, 1338x659
Which one would I like best?
>>
CoP is considered the best, because of it's updated graphics engine and modding.

SoC is worth playing just for the story, and it's a good introduction to the stalker universe.

Clear Sky is a pretty good game, but gets alot of flak for some reason. I think most people hate the faction system.

They're all the same game essentially, but CoP being the newest one makes it the best.

IF you buy SoC, I think you can get a loyalty discount on CoP.

I'd buy all 3 because they're all worth playing.
>>
bump, I'm looking for a good stalker game as well. If I buy CoP, do I have to play SoC first to understand the story?
>>
>>321082492
Neat, thanks.
>>
SoC and CoP. CS is shit.

CoP's story is based on SoC's, but you can enjoy the game without having played SoC. I'd still start with SoC.
>>
>>321084090
Y tho? CoP is $5 and SoC is $10. CoP is newer? Why SoC?
>>
>>321084401
Because it's the first game and it's great.

Also, you're supposed to wait until they all go on sale as a daily or flash sale or whatever. They usually all end up costing 2.50.
>>
>>321082492

SoC has some pretty great mods for it as well.

I'd say just get all three for the whole experience. Ups and downs. There's gonna be a discounted franchise pack on the Steam sale anyway.
>>
Are the games playable without mods?
>>
File: 1439332219982.jpg (328 KB, 1474x1223) Image search: [Google]
1439332219982.jpg
328 KB, 1474x1223
>>321082109
All of em. Its a continuing story to a point so you should play them in order.
>>
>>321084974
Yes. The only downside to not Modding is are bugs and glitches. Don't mod the game unless it is your second playthrough.
>>
SoC is the first game. Best story and the most "complete" experience.
CS is a shitty prequel with next to zero story relevance to other games, recycles many of the old areas and revolves around the boring and buggy faction system instead of exploration. Oh and a fucking helicopter boss fight. You won't miss anything by skipping it.
CoP is a straight sequel to SoC's true ending and assumes you know its story. The game's opening video actually spoils SoC if you haven't played it. Best gameplay mechanics and side quests of the bunch, but the story isn't that impressive since you already know the main secrets of the Zone.

>>321084974
They were buggy at release, but stable with the latest patches. No need for mods. Only CS, the worst game in the series has gamebreaking bugs (one faction doesn't outright work and saving in a certain area causes crashing at game load etc.), which still haven't been fixed.
>>
>>321084974

Definitely playable. Steam version should have the official patches with it anyway so you don't have to worry about installing any.
>>
I would get some texture mods, especially for SoC. I also installed a weather mod so it rains almost all the time. Think it was called Atmosfear? I might be wrong though, it's been a couple of years.
>>
>>321082492
>CoP is considered the best
That isn't the unanimous consensus. Both are good. But I prefer SoC because of the map design, location and pacing.
>>
>>321082109
if you don't like SoC then don't bother. I guess CS with the Faction Wars mod could be an ok starting point too. It references SoC a bit but the story in CS is shit anyways so who cares. I didn't play Faction Wars myself but it seemed like a lot of fun, like the core game with more fun. so it could be an ok starting point to get a feel. but again: if you don't like SoC then you don't like Stalker. I'd start with that.
>>
>>321082492
>Clear Sky is a pretty good game, but gets alot of flak for some reason. I think most people hate the faction system.
the problem is that it's a prequel but has virtually nothing to do with what it's supposed to come before. SoC was amazing because the story was amazing, without that it would have been only "good". Plus after you get to Limansk the game ends too quickly, the end sequence is probably the worst thing I've played in my entire life, the game is a buggy mess (in the end i won the end game fight because Strelok glitched through the floor and got stuck), and oh, did I mention? GRENADES
>>
File: dog shit.png (181 KB, 464x329) Image search: [Google]
dog shit.png
181 KB, 464x329
don't get meme'd by these retards. absolute garbage games
>>
>>321086775
> not taking a picture of it in 2015
>>
>>321082109
Like most of the anons have said, get SoC first. But if you don't get CoP as well, you're going to regret not getting it during the sale because you'll want more STALKER.
>>
>>321086775
>tfw it took me three times to finally get into the game
>end up loving it because of the gunplay
>>
>>321082109
Just pirate them all. GSC closed down so the devs won't get a single cent from your purchase
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.