[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There are people that postponed their suicide to play this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4
File: mgsv.jpg (785 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
mgsv.jpg
785 KB, 1200x1200
>There are people that postponed their suicide to play this
>Konami halts development early to save money

Konami is evil. They can't keep getting away with this
>>
File: 1448844458093.gif (63 KB, 189x185) Image search: [Google]
1448844458093.gif
63 KB, 189x185
>This shit game is -33% off
>not 50% even after all the negativity it deserves

Fucking jews.
>>
They did get away with it.

Also, it was worth it. Not even gonna do it anymore.
>>
>>321077805
>Konami halts development early to save money
Kojima would've spent another couple years on development (and likely several million more on music licensing) if Konami would've let him. There comes a point when it's a fucking retarded decision from a business standtpont to keep pumping money into a project.
>>
>>321077957
>asians
>jews
your /pol/ autism is leaking
>>
>>321078571
Thing is that Kojima made games because of passion, not money (he wanted MGS2 to fail). Konami felt the opposite
>>
>Tfw brother actually killed himself after this game
>>
>>321077805
They aren't going to get away with it.
Konami is pretty mch fucked after all this negative press.
>>
>>321077805
This game could actually make someone suicidal
>>
>>321078924
That's the state of the entire industry though, isn't it? A couple heads who are in it for the creative, passionate art form, and those who want to make and sell games as a business.
>>
File: KojimaProductions.jpg (66 KB, 1360x710) Image search: [Google]
KojimaProductions.jpg
66 KB, 1360x710
So Kojima is going to start making ZoE3 now, right?
>>
I've casually played through all the MGS games and enjoyed V

Why is /v/ so emotionally heated over it?
>>
>>321082502
Because you are not suffering from nostalgiafagism.
>>
>>321082502
>liking anything
Get the fuck out.
>>
>>321082502
everything that needs to be said
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=houDtgBNPCA
>>
>>321082502
>>321082573
I think MGSV has the best gameplay out of any of the games, and I was okay with it until I saw the stuff they cut out. I'm just bitter now.
>>
>>321082718
Why would I need to hear a faggot talking for 15 minutes when everyone knows the answer is because it's unfinished?
>>
>>321082803
Regarding gameplay the only thing they cut was Battle Gear and guard dogs.
>>
>>321082929
I refer to Chapter 3 and the big boss fight. No pun intended.
>>
>>321083192
The final boss fight was fighting Sahelanthropus again.
>>
>>321083301
I'm just going to put up this link and leave it at that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B4JIHh5Jqk
>>
>>321083192
None of that was ever in the game
>>
>>321083509
>None of that was ever in the game
And it should have been.
>>
>>321083591
OK, you can make that point about any game.
>>
>>321082502
Emotionally heated? Because the game is very different from what trailers (and Ground Zeroes) made people think it would be.

The actual criticism of the game mostly revolves around the bad level design, repetitive mission objectives, and godawful story. The fact the game is blatantly unfinished doesn't help either.

The game has its perks but it's sort of a mess.
>>
File: 1438856827325.gif (2 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1438856827325.gif
2 MB, 400x400
Man it feels good not being a cancerous useless video game killing nostalgiafag.
>>
Never postpone your suicide. Things will never ever get better.
>>
>>321082929
>guard dogs

WHY WOULD YOU CUT THAT?
>>
>>321083697
But the stuff shown here>>321083474
was not cut out of any game. It was cut out of this one.
>>
>>321084234
So Konami can give us overpriced DLC later on.
>>
>>321082929
Even Splinter Cell, the MGS knockoff series, had guard dogs in the latest installment. It's kind of inexcusable. They had jackals and shit in the Angola map, why couldn't they have built on that.
>>
>>321084420
Probably game breaking.
You would get near the outpost and the dog would automatically sniff you out.
If you reduced the sniff area, then it would make dogs pointless since guards themselves could see you.
>>
>>321084403
>overpriced
>all current DLC skins are 99 cents (US currency)
>>
>>321084717
What do DLC skins have to do with guard dogs?
>>
>>321082929
there's a whole section of Afghanistan that got cut, some of the guards reference it. it's the area with the caves behind the power plant Sahelanthropus resides. it's the whole reason that stupid jeep ride exists, you were originally supposed to cut through the power plant to get to OKB Zero.

>>321084234
after the reaction to Paz in Ground Zeroes Konami basically made Kojima remove almost everything that could be objectionable.
>>
>>321077957
More importantly you could have bought it months ago for that price on gamesplanet and other sites like that.

Steam = worst sales
>>
I swear they hired nega-shills for the ruse
fuck off
>>
>kojima goes wildly over budget and takes fucking forever to make his game
>is a known hack
>"waaaah konami are evil!"

Konami are shit but they got Kojima right, fuck that nip
>>
>>321077805
>Going to kill myself
>Play MGSV first
>Beat game
>"From here on out you're Big Boss"
>New lease on life knowing I'm Big Boss
Thank you based Hideo
>>
>>321082319
Hopefully its a mecha game, wasn't Shinkawa on board too?
>>
>>321078924
>MGS4
>>
>>321080637
I'm gonna buy MGS6 just to spit in your face you faggot :)
>>
>>321077957
GOTY, faggot
>>
>>321089456
>GOTY
according to who
>>
>>321089549
Most of the people who bought the game :)
>>
>>321089549

pcgamer among others

http://www.pcgamer.com/game-of-the-year-2015-metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain/
>>
>>321090720
So much witcher butthurt in the comments kek
>>
>>321089041
But in every game, the player and the main character were the same
>>
>>321089259
Even MGS4 had more care put into it than MGSV. There's a lot of parallels you can draw from MGS4 that can relate to Kojima's depression during its development, the fans and their expectations, and even metaphors for the relationship between Konami and his team.
>>
>>321082502
We waited so long, the trailers and all the market were intense, made the game look amazing. We were foolish to fall for them but it is MGS, if they showed a trailer with just MGS V for four years we would still have been hyped.

It looked amazing but it felt unfinished, I have played unfinished games before but this is the first time I felt it.
It was the last thing I expected in a MGS game and it was the last one.
I wanted my favorite series, the one I have loved and been awed by since a child to go out with a bang, not a whimper.
>>
What suicide are you talking about?
>>
>>321092931
>I didn't like the story so I'll call it unfinished

literally MGS2 all over again
>>
>>321077805
The thing that rubs me the wrong way is that I have a MB full of S ranked soldiers and now I have no way to keep improving my base.

Even on PW you could bring out every single soldier and turn them better thanks to how the morale system works in there. Shit is broken as fuck on TPP, Morale barely works and the medals do fucking nothing when you have S ranks soldiers.
>>
>People postponed their suicide in hopes to experience something amazing in their life and give them reason to live, that their time on Earth was worth it to experience this masterpiece

But no, Konami just wanted money
>>
>>321093423
I like the story, I even liked the ending it fits with the theme of the game. What I don't like is how it was executed. First half the game was great, varied missions, story was intense.

Then came the second half. Most of the missions were repeated, the story really died down and the last mission was the first mission with all the tutorials left in with some minor changes and oh btw you're not Big Boss cya.

It was bull, it could have had a decent last mission and Skullface could have been better.
>>
>>321093941
by that point you also had FOB shit to occupy your time, not to mention the difficulty sliders were pretty good at mixing things up
>>
>tfw you should have just killed yourself instead
>>
>>321094081
Still does not justify my points. Don't get me wrong, it is probably one of the best games I have played and one of the best out there. I had hours of fun with it, but it was still a disappointment.
>>
>>321082502
>empty open world
>Terrible characters
>Repetitive missions
>Can't get S+ or S++ soldiers in the game SP.
>Can't improve soldiers from E rank to S++ ranks
>Morale system is garbage
>Pointless storylines
>Poor written scenarios
>Characters aren't even shadows of their former or future selfs
>Extract Prisoner 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 , 10. >Eliminate the Tank Unit 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
>S rank system is based mostly on time rather than stealth
>Reflex mode
>Regenerating health
>Pointless twist
>Liquid is just an asshole and BB (or VS) never did anything to rather his feathers.
>Bullet sponge bosses
>Spoiler on the fucking initial credits of each mission
>pointless open world
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.