[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /v/. Are there any game developers here? I can translate your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
Hi /v/. Are there any game developers here? I can translate your games to italian for free. I've already worked on one game which is on steam, playstation store and xbox store and I'm looking for more work. Let me know if any of you is interested. Depeche mode unrelated.
>>
>>321068691
Well, I don't have any projects currently, but care to drop you email or other contact information in case something comes up?
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 953x953
>>321068691
This was their GOAT album
>>
>>321069754
[email protected]
>>
>doing it for free

You're a faggot.
>>
>>321070551
what's wrong with doing something for free because you want to get better at it?
>>
I haven't listened to Depeche Mode in far too long.
>>
>>321070690
Ruins the market and devalues the service. It's like unpaid internships. A cancer upon society.
>>
>>321070890
But I'm working on indie games where the devs might not be able to afford an actual translator. I don't see how I'm ruining the market. Paid translators work on way more known and professional titles. Even well-received indies like Terraria aren't translated or if they are, it's some google translate-tier translation
>>
>>321071187
I'm sure you know about Valve's community translators. They translate everything in the Steam client, literally for free. That's a result of this specific mindset you're displaying.

Do you do any paid work? If not, why not?
>>
>>321071901
Because I've only worked on one title so far. I don't think I should be paid because of my little experience. You can't really expect a professional translation from someone with one title under his belt. I also do music gigs and it works the same, first time they won't pay you at all because they have to know if they trust you, then they start paying you at the second or third gig and then they slowly increase the price they pay.
>>
>>321072327
If you don't think your work is worth being paid for, why do you think it's worth being published? Or in other words, if the publisher/dev thinks it's professional enough to use on their finished product, why do you think you shouldn't get paid? Even if you have no experience, you're still providing a service, you're doing work that someone else is profiting from. Do you have any formal qualifications?

I mean, test translations are a thing, but they usually don't exceed half a page of text. Anything else is >doing it for free. And don't start with music. The world of art is notorious for being horrible in terms of fair pay. That's not something to aspire to.
>>
>>321073115
Pass with merit B2 Certificate, currently undergoing Cambridge CAE which is C1
To be honest I have some time to kill and vidya is uninteresting to me in this period, so I can fit some translation between guitar practice and studying. I might start charging a small fee when I've reached something like 20-30 titles. I've already contacted 5 devs which are going to let me translate their game once they finish the text file so it's all good.
>>
>>321073987
>which are going to let me translate their game

I can't stop you from doing what you want to do, but man, you've got your shit mixed up and that sentence is the embodiement of it.

Also, 20-30 titles? I honestly don't get why you'd gimp yourself like that.

Good luck anyways.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.