[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>try to play dota2 after year of absence >it literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (451 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
451 KB, 1920x1080
>try to play dota2 after year of absence
>it literally takes you around ONE hour to play ONE match
>it barely gives you any points or items
>ONE hour of a 24 hour day for a simple game
>delete the game after one game

How is there any excuse to play moba like this? Even if you are the biggest fucking neet, wasting at least 8-10 hour of your day to play a game like this is inexcusable.
>>
>>321067515
That's what I realized a few months ago. Shit is literally a time-waste.

Problem is I haven't found anything to replace it.
>>
>>321067770
play street fighter
>>
>>321067515
Here's my question, did play for cosmetic items to play dress up or to actually play the game and enjoy it?
>>
I get more pleasure from 30 minutes of Xrd or SFIV than 3 consecutive LOL/Dota 2 matches that take away arudn 1.2-3 hours of my life.
>>
>wasting at least 8-10 hour of your day to play a game like this is inexcusable.
You just said that it only takes an hour to complete a match though.
>>
>>321067770
I can play 10 rocket league games in one fucking dota match.

>>321067861
you can play at least 8 rounds in one dota game.

>>321067889
I don't understand, you still play the same shit game and the camera is so far anyway that you barely care about your own skin when all the action is going on.

>>321068016
And how much MMR score you get out of one game? Barely anything in the long run.
>>
>tfw everybody I know plays LoL
>played it a long time ago and stopped, picked up DOTA2
>stopped playing DOTA2 a while ago because I was bored of it, and played solo most of the time
>try LoL to see if I should play with the others
>it's fucking mindnumbing

Back to getting good at fighters, I guess. The community is a lot more fun at least.
>>
File: TEAR DRINKING INTENSIFIES.gif (188 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
TEAR DRINKING INTENSIFIES.gif
188 KB, 320x320
Because that's now long it takes to get good.
Every game hones your edge unless you're really not trying to get gud.
>>
>>321068080
>I can play more of a game than I can of another game in the same game allotted ed time.
You're still playing games anon.
>>
>>321067515
WAAA WAAA I DONT LIKE IT SO ITS STUPID IF OTHER PEOPLE DO

fuck off retard
>>
>>321068708
>>321068359
You two say those things as if MOBAs weren't casual garbage.
>>
>>321068708
But ASSFAGGOTS are for ass faggots. You ass faggot.
>>
>>321068708
>MOBA's being anything but stupid
>MOBA's being anything but a stripped down rts with one unit
>MOBA's being anything but casual as fuk
>>
File: Smug PL.png (126 KB, 224x259) Image search: [Google]
Smug PL.png
126 KB, 224x259
>MemeBAs
>casul garbage
Excellent 2k opinion my man.
Get gud, and the casuals filter themselves out.
>>
>Everyone raves about dota
>Try it out
>No singleplayer
And uninstalled.
>>
You realize that board games/sport matches often take longer than an hour to complete, right?

Also, >playing games for post match rewards

Why. I don't give two shits about MOBAs, but complaining about how the way you waste your time is better than the way they waste their time is better is asinine.
>>
File: 1291486993144.png (4 KB, 222x211) Image search: [Google]
1291486993144.png
4 KB, 222x211
>>321067515
Heroes of the Storm games are only around 20 minutes

somebody please play this fucking game the queue times are horrible
>>
File: tobi drawing.jpg (194 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
tobi drawing.jpg
194 KB, 960x960
>>321069142
>playing casuals of the casuals
>free team-wide EXP
>no gold/shop, only skills to level up
>everyone gets assloads of mobility
>having to buy heroes
>>
>>321068917
MY GAME TASTE IS SOOO SUPERIOR

stop being a faggot. some people like them, some people don't, if they're not for you don't play them
>>
>>321068834
Go play then and be biggest top dog homie. make all that chink tourney scrilla
>>
>>321069231
>endless whining about xp stealing
>fun
>having to constantly buy shit to not suck
>fun
>>
"MOBAs are casual garbage! Any idiot can do well in them"

my favourite meme. if you don't like the game fine, but don't act like you aren't trash.
>>
>toxic
>>
>>321067515
StarCraft 2: LotV matches are like ~15 minute long for a game. Although it takes too much effort to git gud for most people on /v/
>>
>>321069457
MOBAs certainly aren't high on the skill-ceiling. They do a much better job at making lower-level play feel like it's something more, though.
>>
File: radiance.jpg (183 KB, 475x656) Image search: [Google]
radiance.jpg
183 KB, 475x656
>>321069439
>endless whining about EXP stealing
I've got a feeling that you aren't in the bracket where that's a thing.
>requiring less thought = good
>>
File: 2785126.gif (3 MB, 500x345) Image search: [Google]
2785126.gif
3 MB, 500x345
>>321067515

>1 hour game
Git gud faggot Finish in 12.
>>
>>321069687
>Logic-defying mechanics are fine because muh skill!
>>
How about you play a real game like Smite?

Shit's fun yo
>>
>play like a faggot
>get called a faggot
>hurr durr the community is toxic
>>
>>321069791
Chess is logic-defying before you learn to play.
>>
just play HotS
>>
>>321067515
You should try HotS actually. An average game lasts around 15-20 minutes.
>>
MOBAs are so toxic imo because they have the highest concentration of men in them. Dota is something like 95% male. So the flaming and shit slinging is higher than any other game. They last a long time so if you're losing you might have to wait 30 minutes before it's over. They're more frustrating than other games I feel.
>>
i play both LoL and Dota,both games have massive issues.

lol is gettting more and more casual since ghost faggot entered,lyte(their behavior dev) is a sjw. and rather than focus on isssuees with some existing champs theyd rather pump out shitty blatantly op champs.

Dota is hooked on this idea of carries should just be all around gods rather than massive damage dealers witth kill potential,i hate this idea that anyone can support,its like saying anyone can carry,icefraud is a turning the map into summoners rift
>>
You should play for fun, anon. Not points or items.
>>
MOBAs are "toxic" because they try to be "accessible," and it turns out that the shitty kids that they wanted to "access" their game are actually the biggest toxic shitters of them all
>>
>>321070016
yep. Hots is a no bullying safe space game for losers like OP
>>
>>321070092
MOBA communities are what they are because any amount of your skill can be invalidated by incompetent teammates.
>>
I used to play hundreds of hours of Dota
Then I got a job, never played since.
Now I'm a full-time student with a full-time job, I could never see myself playing dota again.
>>
>>321070127
>Dota is hooked on this idea of carries should just be all around gods rather than massive damage dealers witth kill potential,i hate this idea that anyone can support,its like saying anyone can carry,icefraud is a turning the map into summoners rift
you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Please keep your opinions to yourself
>>
>used to only play dota 2
>near 2k hours
>quit because spics are 9/10 in every game
>every now and then go back
>always matched with spics

Game is seriously ruined by spics, but OP is right the game is a major boring time sink anyways. At least in HotS the action happens quickly and games are about 20 minutes so if you are getting stomped its quick to end.
>>
>>321069990
Yeah. I mean, what's up with those knights? And en passant is just crazy talk.
>>
>>321067515
I quit like a year and a half ago, and never looked back.

Valve is retarded slow at pushing content, but more than happy to take money from shit they didn't even make.

Fuckin multibillion dollar company and their teams of sloths can't put a new hero out for 11 months.
>>
File: 1422211256782.gif (99 KB, 950x726) Image search: [Google]
1422211256782.gif
99 KB, 950x726
>>321067515
>1 hour

Nigger are you playing from the moon? It takes me no longer than 5 minutes to get into a game of Dota and 2 minutes for League
>>
>>321070658
>I can't read

I expect nothing less from a LoL player
>>
>>321070658
>1 hour to win
>5 minutes to get into

hes not talking bout quene times anon,hes talking about game duration
>>
File: seinfeld.gif (613 KB, 295x221) Image search: [Google]
seinfeld.gif
613 KB, 295x221
>>321067515
>>it barely gives you any points or items
>>
File: evolve_caira.jpg (39 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
evolve_caira.jpg
39 KB, 1280x720
I prefer non-traditional mobas like Bloodline Champions and Evolve. They never last a fucking hour and none of that laning phase shit.

I'm glad all the new mobas coming out aren't trying to be like Dota.
>>
>>321067515
They need to add a concede button, if I know I'm gonna lose then I definitely don't want to play the next 30 minutes. Playing a game that gives you a 50-50 chance to have fun is ridiculous as it is.
>>
>>321071093
>calling BLC a MOBA

Kill yourself you fucking retard.
>>
>>321070745
>>321070857
I read "to play" not "to finish" My bad senpai
>>
>>321071095
agreed,dotards wont admit that no one wants to waste 30-40 minutes on a game that was decided 15 minutes in.
>>
>>321069234
>MY GAME TASTE IS SOOO SUPERIOR
It is

Really, anything online is complete cancer that should be killed with fire
1v1 online games can stay, but no ASSFAGGOTS or Counter Slav
>>
>>321071183

>Online
>Battle Arena
>Load it up, and click matchmaking
>Pick a role
>Pick a hero/champion
>Play to win the objective using pre-designed abilities

Sounds like a fucking moba to me. It's dead anyways, what do you care?
>>
the ultimate time waster is hearthstone

>go on a big win streak only to then lose all the ranks you earned
and at the end of it you didn't learn anything or got better because the game is 90 % rng and 10 % basic game knowledge
>>
>>321071414
The only "MOBA" that exists is League of Cancerfaggotry. They were the ones that coined the term and using it to describe vaguely similar games (hurr it's online and looks like an RTS) is bending over and getting fucked up the ass.
But maybe you're a faggot who likes that sort of thing?
>>
>>321071252
This is why HOTS is gaining popularity, games are over in under 20 minutes most of the time

Except HOTS is decided at level 7 when your Nova chooses a garbage talent and is worthless for the rest of the game
>>
>>321068708

>implying I care what you do with your time

I just said I actually get out of something in 1-2 hour in any other game not one fucking match.
>>
>>321067515
> low skill ceiling
> one shitty teammate can disproportionately fuck over entire team

the entire game revolves around getting a handful of people to not fuck up simple strategies and hoping to rape one bad player on the other side.

how people couldn't guess that this would lead to a toxic community is beyond me.
>>
OP here. All this whining and getting insulted is hillarious.

I stated that one match of the game consumes X time and you almost get nothing out of it. You get a small amount of virtual points, it's almost worse then farming in some shitty MMO.
>>
>>321071630
Heroes of the shit storm is not fun,it is the definition of casual,everything cant be based on teamwork,even if it is a team game,the game needs more intricacy,mobas are simple at their base levels(click to attack,click to move)
>>
OP here. Thanks guys, will try fighting games. I guess I just suck lol
>>
OP here. I had sex with my sister once. She's pregnant now. What do?
>>
>>321072136
You can have "intricacy" without having a game that's chock-full of unintuitive and arcane shit
>>
OP here. I cum on cat hiss at penis.
>>
>>321072136
Fuck off. HotS is pure fun. Go play your shit moba with outdated mechanics like "sit in a lane "farming" for 25 minutes". HotS is the evolution and it destroys Dota 2 and League. Times change kid.
>>
>>321073498
>>321073810
you mad?
>>
>>321067515
>How is there any excuse to play moba like this? Even if you are the biggest fucking neet, wasting at least 8-10 hour of your day to play a game like this is inexcusable.

That's the point of multiplayer video games, anon.

Enjoyable spending your free time.

Arguably, it also applies to most media since you can't really say it develops any other skills as do books.
>>
>>321069307
>implying that ship already hasnt sailed
>implying I want to waste my life on some frustratingly boring game nobody will care about in 10 years
>>
>>321069457
>grind the mobs
>mash the skill keys in the order of stun-damage-damage-damage-damage when you see an enemy and outnumber them

mobas are totally devoid of pretty much all kinds of skill, that's why they're so popular.
>>
>>321070057
>You should try HotS
You should fuck off.
>>
>>321073498
>>321073810
>Actually defending P2W garbage
>Actually defending babies first ASSFAGGOT by ActiBlizzard
Feel free to kill yourself anytime.
>>
>>321071093
that's some weak bait
>>
This just in. Video games are a waste of time. More news at decades ago.
>>
>>321070446
Are you fucking me? I have around 2k hours, and I quit because of countless spics in every game too.

I went back to playing a couple weeks ago and it's still non-stop spics. It has made me develop a full-blown hatred of them.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.