[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>talking to friends about vidya >one says BioShock Infinite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68
File: izombie-pilot-stills-preview-05.jpg (129 KB, 539x806) Image search: [Google]
izombie-pilot-stills-preview-05.jpg
129 KB, 539x806
>talking to friends about vidya
>one says BioShock Infinite was a great game
>I said I disagreed, it was streamlined and removed many of the features that made the old Bioshocks BioShock
>he says he never played the old bioshocks but still says Infinite is the best
>I tell him that since I played all 3 I have both objective and subjective views for all of them and can make a fairer assessment
>he says that I'm just hating on Infinite and says it doesn't matter if I played 1-2 and he didn't, infinite is still great
>mfw

What does /v/ think?

Someone thinking they can have the same credibility and knowledge of a game even though you played the older games/others in the series and they haven't?
>>
>>321065638
suck it nerd
>>
>>321065768
>neo/v/
>>
>>
sounds like you got rekt mate
f*cking nerds, hate em!
>>
File: image.gif (973 KB, 256x186) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
973 KB, 256x186
>>321065638
>I tell him that since I played all 3 I have both objective and subjective views for all of them and can make a fairer assessment

I hope he stops talking to you fucking autist
>>
>>321065638
all the bioshock games are garbage
you are no better than he is
>>
did your friend had problems with WAIT A MINUTE THAT CARD
>>
>>321065638
he doesnt actually give a shit about vidya but still doesnt want to admit you are right
solution: dont argue about vidya with him
>>
>>321065638

you're mistake was bringing logic to an emotional argument
>>
nice blog geek
>>
File: 1449818906476.jpg (69 KB, 550x710) Image search: [Google]
1449818906476.jpg
69 KB, 550x710
>>321065638
The funny thing is that you apparently think the previous bioshock games were good in terms of gameplay.
>>
>>321065638
>What does /v/ think?

I want major the zombie hunter to see some action again
>>
>>321066024
This. They're all kinda shitty.

I still enjoyed them all to some extent.
>>
>>321065638
Tell them to play 1+2 first then have the discussion again.
>>
>>321066024

Thar's ùpostmlyu what I took ut of OP's post, yeah.

There's some good examples of level design in Bioshock one, but it doesn't have much else to offer.
>>
>>321065902
>>321066024
>>321066237

My story is just to start the discussion. The point is in general, if you've played more games in the series and genre, your opinion should count more than someone who's only played a few right?

So why does it feel like that's not how it works in practice? How?

Another example. Someone who's played only skyrim saying its the best TES even though they never played oblivion/morrowind/etc.
>>
The guy said he thought Infinite is great. Not having played the previous games shouldn't factor into it.
>>
File: 0BOsr.jpg (438 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
0BOsr.jpg
438 KB, 2592x1944
I know the feel OP

I won't say it all but I'll just give you this
>I grew up with smash 64 as my first smash and been a fan ever since
>I'm arguing with people whose first smash was sm4sh
I'll leave the rest to your imaginations but it wasn't pretty
>>
File: char_154149.jpg (19 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
char_154149.jpg
19 KB, 210x240
>>321066454
Basically what happens on /v/ on a daily basis.
>>
>>321066237
This desu. Shitters who only play the newest hypest game in the series but never played the old or originals are the worst.
>>
I really hope that your mom finds you hanging in your closet with pants full of feces, op.
>>
>>321066454
Only fucking autists have the necessity to be right about everything, that's why you'll never have friends
>>
>>321066454
What does it honestly matter? What are you going to gain for having the "more credible" opinion? What if he goes back and plays the first two and decides Infinite is still better? What if I tell you all three are shit?
>>
>>321066840
Go on...
>>
>>321067194
>>321067209
Because they don't understand or know shit but talk like they do.

I'm the one who actually played all the games in a series so I'll know.

How would you feel if say someone plays only the latest game in your favorite series then starts talking shit about the games and series they know nothing about? It's fucking annoying and cringeworthy. But somehow its acceptable. What the fuck /v/?
>>
>>321065638

>What does /v/ think?

I think your friends are casual fags and theres no reason to even be talking to them anymore one you figured that out
>>
>>321066454
There's a retard sitting somewhere having more fun than you or I will ever obtain. Then there's you who can't have fun unless you feel superior about (random bullshit point) ...I really wonder who is having a more meaningful life.
>>
>>321067508
This.
>>
>>321065638

If this isn't bait, you're one of those people who always has to be "right". Infinite was the worst game in the series, but at the end of the day it's still a subjective opinion. Some people liked it more than previous entries.

>>I tell him that since I played all 3 I have both objective and subjective views for all of them and can make a fairer assessment

This is how a shitty person with mental issues thinks, can't even spot his own bias.
>>
File: Sad_Bear_by_Jovajna.jpg (35 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
Sad_Bear_by_Jovajna.jpg
35 KB, 300x400
>>321067485
>my friends all made fun of me for refusing to play Diablo 3 while they all played the butchered carcass of what was once my favorite game series
The feels are too strong
>>
>>321065638
People are retarded. More news at 11.
>>
>lend Bayonetta to a friend
>he lends me God of War 1&2
>finish both
>he doesn't even finish the second level in Bayo
>"What did you think about GoW, anon?"
>"Meh. The combo system is very simple, you can beat the game using the same button all the time. They were okay I guess."
>he looks at me with this face of "I can't believe you're saying this to me"
>"Dude, you just hate videogames."
I guess I do.
We're not friends anymore.
>>
>>321066454
It doesn't work like that in practice because its generally accepted and taught that everyone is as capable of carrying and conducting an argument as everyone else and that logic is a near meaningless buzzword, when in reality there's science and theory behind arguments, how to prove truths objectively or how to construe logical necessities in arguments.

But if you told someone that they are not as qualified to conduct a discussion with the goal of finding an objective and logically necessarily true answer, they'd laugh at you because society in general does not give a shit about the intellectual arts, so you can ask them to put proof behind their arguments or name their premises or disprove your modus ponens all you want, they won't get it and won't respect it.
>>
File: SpongeBob.jpg (6 KB, 168x200) Image search: [Google]
SpongeBob.jpg
6 KB, 168x200
>>321067485
>How would you feel if say someone plays only the latest game in your favorite series then starts talking shit about the games and series they know nothing about?

I don't have an emotional attachment to video games like you mental issue cringey weebs. If I love the shit out of a game, I know some people out there didn't, or they even hated it.

You just think "meh" and shrug it off, realizing your tastes differ.

Not everyone likes smooth jazz or new jack swing, but some people love that awful shit.

At the end of the day your complaints show how sheltered you were growing up, inability to accept differing opinions to yours. You grew up always 'needing' to have your way and you didn't develop a healthy response to other people liking other shit, similar to an only child.
>>
>>321066058
Major was a bitch all season. He needs to leave.
>>
>>321067606
It's not a bias though. It's objectively having more info.

Let's say we assign values a b c for the knowledge and experience of a game

So for game 1, the value after playing the game and having that experience and knowledge is A

So Game1 = A
Game 2 = B
Game 3 = C

Now let's assign a number values to them. All games are different but for simplicity sakez lets just say all games in this series are equal value in terms of the experience and knowledge, 1.

So A = B = C = 1

Now then, someone who's played all 3 games in a series:
A+B+C = 1+1+1 = 3
Someone who's only played the third one:
C = 1

So I now ask you, which is greater, 3 or 1?
>>
File: 1444104771497.jpg (176 KB, 1600x1201) Image search: [Google]
1444104771497.jpg
176 KB, 1600x1201
Sine we're sharing stories
>Playing Rome total war with a friend
>we agree on no upgrades,catapults,elephants
>all of his units are top rank
>LMAO REKT XDDD
>I run around for 2 hours with my general while he's chasing a horse with his foot soldiers
>He finally disconnects
I won a great victory that day
>>
I know how you feel op, working with teenagers as a youth worker many born after 2000, anytime I mentioned call of duty 2 (my favourite call of duty due to single player mode) the kids thought I was on about modern warfare 2 or now blops 2.... Then tell me how crap the old ones are cause they are ww2

The same kids will tell me that battlefront should have a ww2 game.... Idiots
>>
File: nicholas-thalasinos1.jpg (21 KB, 780x439) Image search: [Google]
nicholas-thalasinos1.jpg
21 KB, 780x439
>>321067940
More simply put, society is retards and logic doesn't matter.
>>
>>321065638
Why the fuck would you report a casual conversation to a bunch or people you don't know online? You'd have more friends if you'd have said. "I liked the old ones better, but Bioshock is cool." instead of sperging out on a normie.
>>
>>321067485
>How would you feel if say someone plays only the latest game in your favorite series then starts talking shit about the games and series they know nothing about?

It wouldn't bother me because my skin isn't that thin. I'd say that's cool, I disagree. If they start trying to justify it I'd just use my superior knowledge and intellect to tip their arguments into oblivion. Not sit there and talk about how much smarted I am than them for having played the other games and so they don't get to have an opinion.

Really, this thread gets under my skin because it's about who does and doesn't get to have an opinion about video games, and that shit is not VIDEO GAMES.
>>
>>321068027
See
>>321068089
It's not about different opinions or being sheltered. It's about being objectively more knowledgeable with more experience on a subject which should make you more qualified on it but somehow this isn't the case.

Now do you understand?
>>
>>321068027
You are one of these guys that discuss politics but doesnt really understand how politics work, aren't you?

I really dislike people like you
>>
File: 2small4u.jpg (10 KB, 130x201) Image search: [Google]
2small4u.jpg
10 KB, 130x201
>>321068027

My wife calls this "oldest child syndrome" but I always think in the back of my mind its because I'm not a safe-space Gen Y pussy.

Honestly these kids are going to be a burden for the rest of our lives similar to hippies thinking they "change the world" all the time when really they are too stupid to realize they have little to no effect on anything.

I'm just waiting for the sweet embrace of death to free me from this nightmare.
>>
>>321068089
>So I now ask you, which is greater, 3 or 1?
>Literally just proved 3>1
>Infinite is greater than bioshock 1

I rest my case.
>>
>tfw I have a friend who unironically likes all the david cage games
He's still a pretty cool guy
>>
>>321065638
How's season 2 so far?
>>
>>321068027

That post must have hit a little close to home with you
>>
>>321068387
>that discuss politics

No, I know how to keep friends and function in a society.
>>
>>321068213
Actually, in this specific case, OP and his friend weren't having the same conversation.

OP was (presumably) interested in conducting a discussion with intent to discern an objective truth, irregardless of personal opinion.

There's no winning side and no one is "right", because truth is true regardless of how you feel about it, and often enough your point may be disproven, but through the culling of what turns out to be wrong you arrive at what is right. Both sides involved would use their knowledge to form logically sound points to argue varying points or disprove others.

His friend was having a "soft" conversation where you spout your opinion and that's that.

The two can be differentiated very simply by their sentence structure:

#1 goes "X is Y because Z". #2 goes "X is Y."
>>
>>321068348
It's because entertainment isn't actually important. No one care how knowledgeable you are about shit that doesn't contribute to anything other than entertainment.

You don't go into a job interview and tell them you love Bioshock and Anime. You tell them about actual skills you have.

That's why getting upset over entertainment is mocked.

No one gives a fuck.
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 500x283
>>321068027
This nigga knows his shit
>>
>>321065892
What is wrong with all of you naysaying pieces of shit? Hes obviously correct, you rest of you are just jealous that you both suck at video games and really dont know shit about them.
>>
OP here

Anyone talking or contruing this as opinions and me stifling theirs, needs to stop

This is about objectively having more knowledge and experience in a subject (in this case by playing more of the series) than the other person which should give you the higher credibility. But again, as I keep asking. It doesn't work this way. Why?
>>
>>321067940
> tips fedora
>>
>>321068494

So you're not that well educated on anything, and you rationalise your refusal to learn anything even as your friends have nothing to discuss with your ""intentionally"" limited frame of reference.
>>
File: 1e8457117c3ae03ec474a640c71ebcdc.png (549 KB, 1004x1509) Image search: [Google]
1e8457117c3ae03ec474a640c71ebcdc.png
549 KB, 1004x1509
>>321065638
I think you're both retarded.
>>
>>321065638

What actually happened:

>talking to friends about vidya
>friend says that he thought Bioshock Infinite was a great game
>you disagreed, saying it wasn't as good as 1 or 2
>he admitted he hadn't played them, but still thought Infinite was great
>you sperged out
>everyone mentally scratched your name off the list of people they want to hang out with in the future
>>
>>321068526
But if we're talking about truth in video games wouldn't we only arrive at what the video game actually is, and then one side or the other agrees that is what they like? There's no objective "this is a good/bad game" or is better than this one or that, there's just what we commonly accept to be good or bad. Nothing that can be observed in the physical world will tell you that it is or isn't.

Can someone give me an example of an objective evaluation of a game that doesn't just list its features?
>>
>>321067485
I got your back dude, the rest of these shitters have no friends and they figure the only way to make them is to harass people for being somewhat intelligent; I dont think they have caught on yet that thats the opposite thing to do...
>>
File: RB1_Lv99_Falcom.png (111 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
RB1_Lv99_Falcom.png
111 KB, 240x240
>>321068298

>If they start trying to justify it I'd just use my superior knowledge and intellect to tip their arguments into oblivion.

This.

If you outright say BUT I PLAYED MORE GAMES SO I KNOW MORE THAN YOU, you won't get anywhere but look like more of a nerd and ridiculed.

But if you respect their opinion while dismantling all their arguments with your vastly superior knowledge, then you just became a model man and they can't do anything about it.
>>
File: 1427722554556.jpg (153 KB, 1000x833) Image search: [Google]
1427722554556.jpg
153 KB, 1000x833
>>321065638
Why are you posting /tv/'s waifu`?
>>
>>321068715
>"rationalise"
>Goes out on a limb assuming wild shit about a person without having data or examples of that person's way of thinking
>because someone figured him out in 2 minutes from examples of his ways of thinking

I knew you were some non-American shitposter. You can't really assume anything with accuracy because I didn't give you any insights into my mental processes, so you're essentially shitposting. Either way, you asked anons what they thought of the OP situation and I posted it. Grow up/stop baiting

Mods I want flags on this board ASAP.
>>
everyone in the world has shit taste

and dont argue people's bad taste just accept it
>>
>>321068748
reading comprehension, much?
>>
If you want to say that a game is good then there's no need to have played the other games in the series.

If you want to say that a game is the best in its series then you have to have played the other games in order to compare them.
>>
>>321065638
Infinite's quality is not dependent on other games, the fact that the other games are better is irrelevant.
>>
>>321068748
Tbh the sperginf out didn't happen until I told them to play 1+2 and get back to me and they adamantly refused saying they don't need to to know Infinite is the best.

I just can't even.
>>
>>321065638
infinite can still be a great game(not that I necessarily think that it is) without having to have what makes bioshock games "bioshock" or whatever the fuck you're saying.
>>
>>321068760
If you go with Aristotle, "what we commonly accept as good" simply... IS good.

A discussion to discern something like that would mostly include listing its features and evaluating them, their execution and their implementation aswell as how they synergize and interact.

Sounds an awful lot like a critical review, right? It really is. Because games are art, and as such would fall within the realm of Aesthetics when it comes to discerning their "worth" or "value".

Objectivity isn't as strong there, but the discussion in itself can still be conducted in a logical, structured manner that hopefully should lead to points both sides agree on that mark the game as good, with said points being logically sound and hard to refute in an argument as they've emerged from the rigors of this one, even with allowing room for personal taste involved in judging art. The execution of a certain piece of art, for example, can often be objectively judged. A song can be performed with or without missed notes as much as a sculpture can be roughly hewn or every chip perfect, or a game can have a lacking implementation of a feature or overall bugginess to it.
>>
>>321065638
there are also those who played BS1 and 2 and didnt really like it (i myself felt like the whole rapture scenery was a drag and rather boring), but BS infinite made me actually excited and astonished by its world. then after feeling a revived hope for BS i played inifinite's DLC in rapture and felt again this unpleasant heavy feeling of dragging myself to play it.
tho story was cool
>>
>>321069021
It's a reaction image, I saved it from some other thread and dumped it into my reaction folder. I pulled it out for this thread because it for very well. I don't know or care who he fuck it is, who does for reaction images?
>>
File: 1441700594987.jpg (322 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
1441700594987.jpg
322 KB, 531x471
>tfw have /v/-tier retard friend
>always trigger him with bullshit like this
>>
>>321067895

but bayo is shit compared to GoW
>>
>>321065638
It's fine if he thinks Infinite is a good game (I disagree but whatever), but it's pretty stupid for him to think it's the best in the series when he hasn't played the other games.
>>
File: 1448737388527.jpg (85 KB, 640x615) Image search: [Google]
1448737388527.jpg
85 KB, 640x615
>>321065638
>See MGSV
>Looks fantastic
>Get every MGS except 4
>Beat all except 2
>MGSV comes out
>Everybody loves it
>Friends tell me its the best in series without having played the series
>It's a good game only if you have never played other MGS games
>I screwed myself out of enjoying it
>>
>>321065638
>Someone thinking they can have the same credibility and knowledge of a game even though you played the older games/others in the series and they haven't?

Why did you punctuate this with a question mark? This is a statement not a question you retard.
>>
>>321069264
OP here, my thoughts exactly. I guess I wrote the story in a bad way that implied I was stifling opinions but my actual point was that.

If you play more games in the series, you have more knowledge of the series and can speak to it better than those who didn't.

This sounds like common sense but the point of this thread is to open a discussion on why it isn't.
>>
>>321069264
Pretty much. Anyone on this board would get shit on for saying the same thing about a game series.
>>
>>321069350
How'd you beat 4 if you didn't get it?
>>
>>321065638
In his worthless opinion infini is great

/thread
>>
What's the point in arguing opinions? They aren't facts, there aren't objective views on personal opinions. I swear some people are just autistic.
>>
>>321069067
You have to read between the lines with these things
>>
>>321069053
>I knew you were a non-American shit poster

Mate at least 3 people have been involved with this discussion.

Also if you can't discuss politics with your friends, you guys most definitely hold some shitty opinion about the party your parents told you not to vote for
>>
>>321065892
lmao this ^
>>
>>321069350
>mfw never played MGS series except for MGR and that was only last year
>To me MGR is a solid 9/10 game
How triggered does this make you /v/?
>>
>>321069534
Only child who needs to have his reality his way

Remember, you're in HIS world
>>
>>321069534
I bullshit with my friends all the time about completely pointless shit, I mean hell we'll get into arguments over the quality of a commercial while we watch TV; it's fun to argue with people in a non-confrontational way.
>>
>>321065638

>Dark Souls 2 comes out
>friend asks me to get it and play with him
>tell him I'm not going to play Dark Souls 2 on principle since i never played the first Dark Souls
>get Dark Souls and intend to play it
>over a year later, still made no headway on my massive backlog
>still haven't even played the first Dark Souls
>friends already long abandoned Dark Souls 2
>>
>>321069674
As long as you don't think it's the best game in the series or try to start talking MGS lore/info, you're fine.
>>
>>321069674
Give MGR any rating you want, just don't compare it to the other games in the series.
>>
>>321069726
That's true if it's harmless fun, but it sounds like OP was seriously trying to force his opinion onto his friend.
>>
>>321069674
Now rank the order of metal gear games, your best to worst

Ops friends was saying 3>1+2
>>
>>321069674
It doesn't.

You said to you it's a 9/10 game, that's fine.

You're not claiming to be presenting objective evidence that it is a 9/10 _in general_ or the best in the series you haven't played.

If you wanted to trigger or troll your phrasing shouldn't have included "to me". You clearly marked what kind of conversation you were having and what kind of statement you were making.

The whole thing in the OP only happened because him and his friend weren't talking about the same thing.
>>
>>321069510

>tfw people forget that opinions don't have to make logical sense
>tfw people don't know the difference between facts and opinions
>>
File: 00_Qan(T)_GN_Sword_IV.jpg (344 KB, 2171x2215) Image search: [Google]
00_Qan(T)_GN_Sword_IV.jpg
344 KB, 2171x2215
>>321069375
Why would that not be common sense?

Your friend was new to the series and made a mistake in assuming t was the "best" game. Whether or not e decides to play the previous games, he'll still hold them up to the standard he sees in Infinite.

Also, Bioshock 1 and 2 weren't amazing in terms of Gameplay, but they were more fleshed out and developed than infinite.

There's no point in ranking games in a series because different people look for different things in a game.
>>
>>321069818
Yeah, you can do that too, I'd be totally fine telling my friend that you can't rate a series without playing all the games in it.
>>
File: australians.webm (3 MB, 640x350) Image search: [Google]
australians.webm
3 MB, 640x350
>>321069640
>you guys most definitely hold some shitty opinion about the party your parents told you not to vote for

I'm sure some of them do. Why would I want to discuss things with them that we know we won't agree on anyway? Look at how you're reacting, someone who won't give it up is super annoying. I would rather avoid that situation, you vegemite eating kangaroo fucker

MODS I would settle for Australian flags only
>>
>literally GIFTED my friend, who thinks Skyrim is god's gift to man, Morrowind
>he's never touched it ever
>every time I ask him, he says, thanks, I'll get to it
>never does

How do you deal with these people?
>>
>>321065638
why are you discussing shitty games like they're books holy shit
>>
>>321065638
>giving a shit what some retard thinks about a game

What are you doing faggot
>>
>>321069993
Probably by not wasting your money like that.
>>
>>321069993
You accept that morrowind is not a fun video game to some people, and some people who played later entries first.

Tried it myself, shit was awful IMO
>>
File: Trust in Based Todd Howard.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Trust in Based Todd Howard.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>321069993
Maybe he just hasn't gotten around to it.

Either that or he doesn't want to play Morrowind because it looks like shit and hasn't aged well.

That's shallow, I know, but it's the reason why I haven't played Oblivion, that and the shitty combat.
>>
>>321065638
why do i only find her hot as a zombie
i just dont think shes that good looking without the zombie makeup
>>
File: opinions.png (42 KB, 1505x297) Image search: [Google]
opinions.png
42 KB, 1505x297
>>321069053

I wasn't even part of this discussion until now, but

>You can't really assume anything with accuracy because I didn't give you any insights into my mental processes

If you're the guy who posted >>321068027 then yeah, you did. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but if you sincerely think an uninformed opinion carries as much weight as an informed opinion, you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>its 2007
>never played system shock games
>hyped as fuck for bioshock
>it hits stores
>its mediocre at best
>lukewarm media reception in my local gaming press
>10/10 in ign and other crappy sites
>on 4chan people dont like it
>on few other gaming forums people are torn on it
>nobody of my friends like it, they call its shallow shitty fps deus ex wanna be

>its 2015
>most old fags dead
>/v/ thinks bioshock was the second coming
>infinite retroactively made even me think bioshock wasnt that bad

welp, i guess this is how it goes
but seriously, they were all painfully mediocre games with second one being best by 10 miles
>>
>>321069850
>3>1+2
>3>3
The math autist in me is getting triggered
>>
>>321065638
>Say you respect "Its" opinion.
>Repetitively kick your former friend in head until die
>>
>>321069993
Your friends a casual gamer.

He's not interested in experiencing series or anything.

He picks games up nearly at random mostly based on mainstream pop and enjoys them and doesn't think about games or gaming beyond that.

He's not the same as you.
>>
>>321069993
>friend, who thinks Skyrim is god's gift to man,

shoot him in the knees
>>
Who cares? Opinions are opinions.
>>
>>321070202
It's a testament to how bad infinite was.

I mean look at the board nowadays with people talking about FO3 and New Vegas when back then people slammed it. Same thing, a testament to how bad FO4 is.

You know a games bad when people look back to the older games that were once construed as bad and miss them.

>yfw FO5 is such a flaming heap of shit that FO4 is nostalgia in 2020
>>
>>321065638

You can't say one thing is better than another unless you have actually looked into both things.

I can't objectively say that Coke is better than Squiggledoo because Squiggledoo doesn't exist. If it did and if Squiggledoo had awful flavoring, I could say that Coke tastes better than Squiggledoo. If you had tasted both, then you could disagree, but since I just made this whole thing up, you would OBJECTIVELY be a giant jackass.
>>
>>321065638
Cool blog bro, repost it on your tumblr so I can reblog it!
>>
>>321070156
the pale make up and white hair makes her beautiful eyes stand out more
>>
>>321066840
>>321066840
I grew up on smash 64.

But smash 4 is wayyyyy better than smash 64 with the roster alone.
>>
>>321070428
It's sad how true this is going to be.
>>
>>321065638
>>I tell him that since I played all 3 I have both objective and subjective views for all of them and can make a fairer assessment
It's ok to say you don't really have friends OP.
>>
>>321069980
This is the second time I've replied to you, you've been far more involved

But you can't disagree with your friends? That's sound like discussions with you guys would be riveting for all involved
>>
>objective reasons
>more like "objective opinion"
>being that stupid
>OBJECTIVE
>>
>>321070428

People on /v/ think the first 3 Halo games were good now. Remember when the entire series was mocked for being babby's first FPS? Halo got the double whammy of CoD replacing it as the dudebro shooter du jour, AND 4 and 5 being made by a new studio who apparently fucked everything up.
>>
File: shitposter.png (14 KB, 741x199) Image search: [Google]
shitposter.png
14 KB, 741x199
>>321070191
>Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but if you sincerely think an uninformed opinion carries as much weight as an informed opinion, you're a fucking idiot.

My argument was that he was retarded for getting worked up by someone else's opinion, wrong or right. I offered examples as to why he reacted in that way.

>I wasn't even part of this discussion until now, but

I have the extension that shows new IP's per post, yours shows up as having been posted already, so yes you were you liar.

Fucking sad, stop shitting up my board
>>
>>321070762
Don't reply to my posts, you filth.
>>
File: maggie.jpg (21 KB, 380x405) Image search: [Google]
maggie.jpg
21 KB, 380x405
>>321065638
Honestly, I think that this is an extremely interesting blog post. Please, tell us more about the homosexual adventures of you and your friends.
>>
>>321065638
>revealing your power level
thats your first mistake.
>>
>>321070824
Cod 2 and 4 were regarded as the murderers of the FPS genre for the whole regenerating health bullshit.

Now with how bad and rehashed the series gotten with blops and shit, people fondly recall CoD2 and 4.

It's mind bottling.
>>
>>321065638
If your friend said his favorite fruit was strawberry would you argue with him that apples are way better because you ate more fruits than him so your opinion is better? You're the one that's wrong in this story OP
>>
>>321065638
You're correct on both accounts though. It's not even opinion. The previous two are far superior in many aspects for many reasons. The third is a cash grab and doesn't really count (thankfully) since that universe was destroyed in the ending.
>>
>>321070825
M8 I made one other post in this thread, and that was >>321069783

Doesn't mean I was part of your discussion before I said I was.
>>
>>321068624
>proving his point

People like you are why we can't have nice things or populate space.
>>
Infinite > 1 > 2

I have played them all, so my opinion is objective. Eat dicks OP.
>>
>>321071336
In this case, you and OP are on the same footing for having the same experience and knowledge by having played the same games as him so you can now have an actual valid argument and it'll probably be good.

As for OP and his friends, they weren't on the same level at all, so no actual argument could be had. Just shitflinging which is what ensued.
>>
>>321071831
you don't have to taste shit to know you don't like it. If you love something very much you can know that's it better than something else without experiencing it
>>
>>321072253

you don't have to taste the shit but you probably need to be close enough to see or smell it at least.
>>
File: 1422589270490.png (32 KB, 591x275) Image search: [Google]
1422589270490.png
32 KB, 591x275
>>321070648
>the roster being limited invalidates the superior gameplay

why do I even come here again?

oh yeah, some niche games have good threads with people who aren't retarded and/or shallow
>>
>>321072516
Niche game threads are getting shitposters to hell and back either for being "weeb" or not having good sales seeing how they're niche.
>>
>>321072664
more niche, like old RTSs, it scares the mainstream fags away
>>
>>321065638
maybe he was joking?
>>
File: iWaifu.webm (371 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
iWaifu.webm
371 KB, 700x394
I fucking love izombie
>>
>>321072507
That's not how /v/ works. /v/ talks all the time about games they know nothing about or never played.

It's often funny, though rare, to see someone rekt a faggot with screenshots or shit proving their nonsensical bullshit wrong.
>>
>>321073068

well, look at what I was replying to
>>
>>321073027

you think her vagina still looks good at all or is it all rotten?
>>
>>321073027
Guys help me I think I want to fug a zombie
>>
>>321073356
all vaginas are rotten
>>
>>321073027
Source? Google gives nothing.
>>
>>321073654
how fucking stupid can someone be?
>>
>>321073068

I go out of my way to play as many video games as possible to at least the end of the single player mode on normal or higher difficulty. My backloggery says 700 completed.

Why don't more people do this?

It seems like everyone in my "gaming" circle plays one game for like a million hours and then goes on about how shit it is.

I just finished Vanquish. It was fucking awesome, it was like 8 hours and then done the game is done. I'll definitely be back for seconds, but why don't people diversify?
>>
>>321073654
>>
>>321074289
>>
>get free cards just by exploring your queue
fuck yes
>>
File: RoseMcIver.webm (3 MB, 1280x532) Image search: [Google]
RoseMcIver.webm
3 MB, 1280x532
>>321073654
Teen sex party volume 9
>>
>>321073858
Because /v/ is casual
The horrible truth emerges.
>>
>>321074589
k wrong thread
>>
>>321073858
In the case of my friends, that one game is league of legends.
>>
Congrats, OP. You're "that guy".
>>
Talking shit about video games you've never played is stupid, regardless of how autismal you think OP's response is.
>>
>talking to friend about One Piece
>tells me a bunch of reasons why he doesn't read it
>sounds like typical viewpoints that someone who hasn't read the series has because many of the complaints regarded things that don't even happen in the series
>know he's a smart dude so tell him all that and it sounds like he doesn't read it because of personal bias
>we agree to drop the discussion
meh
>>
>>321074495
>>
>>321067895
God, you faggots are cringy. You act like fucking Bayonetta is difficult. Ninja Gaiden, another "lol so hard" action game, you can just spam Flying Swallow.
>>
>>321065638
I think all three are equally good though. Not great amazing top tier godly games, but all good worth playing games. Each has its own flaws and advantages over the others. The only one I can legit I guess call the best is the Minerva's Den DLC since it's the only one where the story isn't tryhard nonsense. Hell I think the story's probably the worst aspect of each Bioshock game not counting MD.
>>
>>321065638
>friends
Get out
>>
>>321068415
A lot better than weebshit.
>>
>>321069204
I wish I did. I'd spout "casual" opinions all day.
>>
File: 1351097795506.png (48 KB, 331x388) Image search: [Google]
1351097795506.png
48 KB, 331x388
>>321065638
>discussing anything with "because I said so" type of faggot
>>
>>321074289
>>321074495
>>321075047
Source?
>>
>>321067895

I told a guy I didn't like Family Guy last week (for the record I didn't sperg out over it; he was asking suggestions of what to watch and Family Guy was one of the options) and he got so mad he left the room.
>>
>>321074880
>>
>>321075761
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzB-6Ye_FFc
>>
>>321075970
Thanks. Is it a good series?
>>
>>321076125
no
>>
File: iZombie.jpg (133 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
iZombie.jpg
133 KB, 750x750
>>321076125
It's great
>>
>>321076125
for waifus yes
>>
So why is the guy going around killing randoms in these webbum clips?
>>
File: McIverbed.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
McIverbed.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>321076407
Because he's The Major!
>>
>>321076407

They're all zombies and they run a butcher shop where they butcher people for brains and he found out about it and the police don't believe him so he took matters into his own hands
>>
>>321076125
Yeah it's great. Has a decent start and starts picking up steam after a few episodes. The finale is balls to the wall crazy.
>>
>>321076685
He didn't know they were zombies at the time he just thought they were cannibals eating disenfranchised city kids
>>
>>321076994

Well he knew the Candy Man could survive several close range gunshots at center mass, hence the hand grenade.
>>
People still remember Infinite existing?
>>
>>321076685
So they're sentient zombies? Or not-traditional-looking zombies then?
>>
>>321076685
they don't look like fucking zombies to me. If they can talk and act like normal humans what makes them zombies?
>>
>>321077489
just watch the fucking show
>>
>>321068465
It's pretty good
The murder of the week is starting to wear a little bit but the villains and overarching plotline have a lot more going on this time.
>>
>>321065638
man she is really looks familiar, and then i remember someone else
>>
>>321077489
As long as they eat brains they remain sentient and look like really pale people. If they start to starve they turn into the stereotypical shamblers.

Most zombies in the city are rich people who were turned and then blackmailed by the butcher shop zombies. They have to pay ridiculous sums of money for brains, or go out and murder for themselves and likely get caught. Some of the police are zombies too, which is why Major couldn't get them to investigate.
>>
>>321077617
A zombie isn't determined by it's physical or mental merits but the fact that it's a reanimated corpse.
>>
File: 1450329282081.jpg (30 KB, 608x408) Image search: [Google]
1450329282081.jpg
30 KB, 608x408
>>321077489
Who gives a fuck, its the worst show in the world, don't fall for this "shitty things are cool" meme.
>>
File: latest[1].png (245 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
245 KB, 720x404
>>321077617
They need to eat brains or else they'll deteriorate into your regular zombie.
>>
>>321077825
So people who died and got reanimated with machines are zombies?

Fucking lol.
>>
>>321077790
>As long as they eat brains they remain sentient and look like really pale people.
Ah okay that's intriguing. I suppose it's something different then.
>>
>>321077945
so how does the innocent and pure "muh waifu" main character survive? Surely she doesn't eat brains because that would be icky and stop her from being pure.
>>
>>321077790
>..like really pale people

Its a jewish show shaming the white man, calling it now.
>>
File: latest[1].png (319 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
319 KB, 720x404
>>321065638
>>
>>321078151

She's a Dr.working in the city morgue and takes brains from corpses there.
>>
>>321078286
but that's illegal
>>
File: heresy.png (119 KB, 402x564) Image search: [Google]
heresy.png
119 KB, 402x564
>>321078369

that just makes it better
>>
>>321068604
your friend was not talking about how good infinite was relative to other games,he just said it was good. you however brought in your "expertise" on other games to try to disapprove of his opinion. he can think a game is good because he is entitled to that opinion, just because you have more experience doesnt mean your opinions are more right than his unless both of you are having an objective dicussion with the goal of deciding which bioshock game is the best, which he clearly had no intention of participating in
>>
File: constipated black man.png (9 KB, 459x377) Image search: [Google]
constipated black man.png
9 KB, 459x377
>>321078915
>not reading an OP before posting in a thread
>>
>>321068604

there's a couple genuine retards in here and a few people fishing for (You)s but all the non-shitposters agree with you OP
>>
>>321078172
Liv is cute. CUTE.
>>
File: ravi rave.gif (4 MB, 399x223) Image search: [Google]
ravi rave.gif
4 MB, 399x223
>>321074289
Based Major
>>
>>321065638
u gay nigga
gay
nigga
>>
>>321080705
ayyy
>>
>bioshock
>good
>>
>>321065638
I don't have to play games to have completely factual and correct opinions and information about them. You're so dumb. It would be like if I told you air doesn't exist, but you say you've played the first one, and besides, we're breathing right now. That doesn't make Air 2 any good. Do you see?
>>
>>321080768
I think this just won the award for dumbest analogy ever.
>>
Its still shitty ignoring the fact that its a sequel and spiritual successor to System Shock
>>
>>321080768
wut
>>
File: 234i4.png (170 KB, 360x251) Image search: [Google]
234i4.png
170 KB, 360x251
>I have to keep quiet about what I really think about most of the games otherwise I would keep arguing all the time with my friends
>the times I don't I end up... yeah, arguing
>mfw

it's a hard life. No you stupid fucks, Naruto UNS3 isn't as complex as Tekken or Street Fighter jesus christ.
>>
File: consider.jpg (49 KB, 534x405) Image search: [Google]
consider.jpg
49 KB, 534x405
>>321080768
>I-I was just pretending
>>
>>321080892

>no Subway

it's shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI1l17Q60as
>>
File: when she grabs that dick.gif (2 MB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
when she grabs that dick.gif
2 MB, 500x275
>>321080339
>>
>>321081373

post Moore Liv
>>
>>321081373
>>321081621
oh christ not another "she has white hair and i've never seen this before" luna lovegood slut
>>
>>321065638
I think you're in high school but it doesn't surprise at all.
>>
>>321081796
>>
File: 1411092350701.jpg (137 KB, 644x344) Image search: [Google]
1411092350701.jpg
137 KB, 644x344
>>321082003
haha so quirky what a cutie do you think she writes her own lines that's so random and out-there
>>
File: izombie_pilotc[1].jpg (337 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
izombie_pilotc[1].jpg
337 KB, 800x533
>>321081621
>>
File: 635618654332894111-iZombie[1].jpg (30 KB, 534x401) Image search: [Google]
635618654332894111-iZombie[1].jpg
30 KB, 534x401
>>321082356

it's actually not random at all considering she can't taste peanut butter. Felicia Day is fucking gross though
>>
>>321082356
She can't taste anything but the flavor of brains.
>>
>>321082356
She has no sense of taste and has to eat brains regularly or she goes crazy and starts murdering people.
She has to dump loads of hotsauce on everything to get any sort of effect.
>>
>>321075263
desu god of war really is that simple, dropped it quickly
>>
>>321065638
I think you're a god damned autist.
It's true that you actually do have more credibility than the other faggot, but saying something like that, having the absolute NEED to impose your knowledge upon others just screams autistm.
>>
>>321066840
>That pic
SJWs did this
>>
>>321082839
>hot sauce
literally japan tier with L eating nothign but sweets so epic much random very wow
>>
File: 0207375034d_dbeb_1280[1].jpg (175 KB, 700x1050) Image search: [Google]
0207375034d_dbeb_1280[1].jpg
175 KB, 700x1050
>>
>>321083289
Terrible troll.
>>
>she will never tear open your skull and slurp up your grey matter

WHY EVEN LIVE
>>
>>321065638
Holy shit this girl is hot as fuck.
>>
>>321083974
Guys, is Liv cute or sexy?
>>
>>321083974
You're dumb, you're ugly, you'll never have any money, quit forcing your celeb worship of ugly sluts.

>>321083981
>hot as fuck
Phrases cringey redditards use for $400
>>
It's a subjective argument but you do have more weight if it's about the series as a whole as opposed to a stand alone game.
>>
File: Why_not_both-.jpg (14 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
Why_not_both-.jpg
14 KB, 228x221
>>321084095
>>
File: 1420118203471.webm (3 MB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
1420118203471.webm
3 MB, 1200x675
>>321065638
The blogging bit was unnecessary, but I got your back OP. People like that are absolute trash.
>>
>>321065638

Please tell us this wasn't how you phrased it, Mr. Debate Class.
>>
>>321069021
>>321073027
>>321076242
>>321076564
>>321078172
>>321081373
>>321081621
>>321082003
>>321082367
>>321082527
>>321083649
>>321083974
I should really give this show a shot. She a fucking cute, and the comic and premise always seemed interesting, but I've been in an absolute habit of just turning the TV off after Flash that I never gave this a chance.
A friend of mine happened to tell me this show is "so bad" the other week, but he shit on both Pacific Rim and Godzilla 2014 so lel who gives a shit what he thinks.
>>
>>321084752

it honestly has better writing than the Flash. Yeah, yeah, that's not setting the bar high but whatever
>>
>>321084112

You've never left your basement. Nig-Nogs have been saying "Fine as Fuck" since the early 90's, to which it adapted to the spin-off of "Hot as Fuck" in the late 90's by the whities.

And you say Reddit? It sucks that you put all of your sexual energy into video games, bro.
>>
>>321084752
>he shit on both Pacific Rim and Godzilla 2014
Well he's not wrong there.
izombie is an easy to watch cop procedural with a twist and a fairly interesting zombie side plot and a cast of characters that everyone likes
>>
>>321084095
cute and sexy
>>
>>321066840

Let the fags enjoy there electric scooters; enjoy your 250cc, and you where I'm at when I say Motocross.
>>
>>321084865
The Flash has actually blown me away quite a few times, I was not expecting the show to be as good as it is, especially not as early as it was throwing out bangers.

>>321085050
Subjectivity or whatever, but Pacific Rim and Godzilla 2014 were both awesome summer movies that actually appealed to me outside of the usual American thriller shit. Godzilla 2014 was actually really, really cool over all, and is getting us two more movies and a Toho revival, so I'm going to respect the shit out of what it's accomplished regardless of its own merits anyhow.
>>
>>321084993

>giving him (You)s

you're only making him stronger, lad
>>
File: 1375545560515.jpg (220 KB, 900x673) Image search: [Google]
1375545560515.jpg
220 KB, 900x673
>>321084752
>shitting on Pacific Rim

Also iZombie actually has some pretty good writing and drama, better than flash anyways. The show is a lot better than what you'd think just from initially hearing about it.
>>
>>321084752
I love Flash but I'll admit it's not a very good show. iZombie is much better. The first episode is alright. You'll think Major is a pretty boy douche at first but he's one of the best characters on the show.
>>
>>321065638
Why are you friends with such violently retarded, mouth-breathing troglodytes?
>>
File: 1447048175124.png (211 KB, 577x761) Image search: [Google]
1447048175124.png
211 KB, 577x761
>>321085559
>tfw https://youtu.be/QzB-6Ye_FFc
I hope Major gets a similar scene this season
>>
File: oh yes.png (1 MB, 769x1080) Image search: [Google]
oh yes.png
1 MB, 769x1080
>>321085813

>scene of major annihilating that CEO and everyone in the office
>>
>>321073027
Young Kirsten dunst, is that you?
>>
>>321073027
I tried it. Stupid procedural cop shit, and couldn't make a right choice to save her life, but at least the show punished her for her stupid moralfag reasons when dealing with a serial killer. So I will give it that, but I quit watching because I lost all earthly ties to that main character.
>>
File: 4 stickers.png (198 KB, 480x411) Image search: [Google]
4 stickers.png
198 KB, 480x411
>>321087043
>moralfag
>>
>>321065638
infinite was garbage

literally all you do in the game is walk around and shoot things. the maps look nice, sure. but when shooting things is 99% of the game and it gets repetitive as fuck after a few hours then you know the game was shit.
>>
>>321065638
Friend of mine went to school with her. :) new Zealand is a small place!
Dunno why you care what people think about games you like other than hoping what you do like is popular enough to continue being made but not so popular that it gets dumbed down.
>>
File: DOOM.jpg (86 KB, 630x360) Image search: [Google]
DOOM.jpg
86 KB, 630x360
>>321084752
>he shit on both Pacific Rim and Godzilla 2014
They're not the cream of the crop, you know.

Gozilla > PR
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.