[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game looks so fucking bad. Just a straight-up rehash of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
File: WiiU_StarFoxZero_pkg_E3-656x934.jpg (158 KB, 656x934) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_StarFoxZero_pkg_E3-656x934.jpg
158 KB, 656x934
This game looks so fucking bad. Just a straight-up rehash of SF64. Is this what whiny Star Fox fans have been begging for all this time?

What a sad death knell for the Wii U.
>>
>>321064709
I think it looks garbage too but apparently this is what StarFox fans want. I dunno why but there you have it.
>>
File: 1450762608292.jpg (91 KB, 435x432) Image search: [Google]
1450762608292.jpg
91 KB, 435x432
>>
>>321064709
>This game looks so fucking bad.
>Just a straight-up rehash of SF64.
These statements contradict each other.
>>
star fox fans wanted a new star fox game

instead we are getting a reboot

its still better than any of the shit they put together in the last decade and a half. Thats why we are celebrating
>>
>>321064709
>What a sad death knell for the Wii U.
What a fitting end to a shit console
>>
>rehash of 64
Did you even watch the game play videos, or are you just spouting epic maymays?
>>
>>321065441
Welcome to /v/
>>
File: 1444461144993.jpg (50 KB, 328x328) Image search: [Google]
1444461144993.jpg
50 KB, 328x328
>>321065309
some mad skillz you got ther m9
can you shoop me a horse-dick on a human lady?
>>
>>321065513
Except we still have Zelda u, faggot. Go cry nintendoomed somewhere else.
>>
I'm pretty hyped for this game.Will the Wolfen be able to go into walker mode or will they just stick to air fights against them?
>>
>>321065709
I didn't say Nintendo was doomed, butthurt fanboy. I said that Wii U is a piece of shit.
>>
>>321065775
It'll probably be the 2nd encounter with them.
>"anything your ship can do, MINE can do better, Fox.
>>
File: starfoxpic4.jpg (15 KB, 510x360) Image search: [Google]
starfoxpic4.jpg
15 KB, 510x360
>Star Fox 64 + Star Fox 2
>Platinum

What's not to like?
>>
>>321065801
except it's not, retard. It has the best controllers of the new gen of consoles, its not filled to the fucking brim with remastered garbage, you don't need a subscription service to unlock multiplayer in games that depend on it, it has full backwards compatibility with no need to pay for games you already own, and it has the best setup for couch coop. So please tell me, what's shit about the Wii u? Protip: "shit graphics and amiibos" won't make your entire argument.
>>
>>321066507
whoa cool is that a new fnaf char? aviators fox fredy lol
>>
>>321067324
... what?
>>
>>321066507
I'm pretty hyped, a proper reboot of the franchise is what this series needed since it was so mismanaged after all this time and games, now it looks like Nintendo will makes these guys justice now and in the future.

Also, some idiots wanted either Assault 2 or Command 2 as the next Star Fox game. Ignore them, they know shit about Star Fox outside of Brawl and those games.
>>
>>321067613
I wish they could just tack on Assault's multiplayer to this game
>>
>>321067819
The third person shooting multiplayer was cool but fuck having characters with stats and perks to them. Wolf, and to some extent Falco, where pretty fucking OP because of that. All characters should be equal or don't add multiplayer at all.
>>
>>321068036
They should have just had stats for vehicle proficiencies only,a speed stat wasn't a good idea
>>
>>321068493
No stats for shit, maybe just a rock-paper-scissor for the vehicles (walker beats landmaster, landmaster beats arwing, arwing beats walker or some shit) but no stats or proficiency or shit. That always ruins games and it's never balanced.
>>
>>321066507
Star Fox 2

Seriously, the chicken walker looks stupid as fuck, the aiming through the Gamepad looks like a pain if it's shoehorned in, dogfights are ruined, fucking stealth segments,

This game is DOA.
>>
>People call Star Fox Zero a rehash
>But Fallout 4 somehow isn't
>>
>>321069193
>the chicken walker looks stupid as fuck

looks fun to me, and the fact Platinum are working on the game makes me hope it will have good combat mechanics with the walker.

>the aiming through the Gamepad looks like a pain if it's shoehorned in

Maybe, but I'm not going to be cynic and wait until I try it for myself to judge.

>dogfights are ruined

how?

>fucking stealth segments

you're just complaining for complaining's sake
>>
>>321066507
/v/ is too old for kiddie starfox now, didn't you?
Everyone has grown past Nintendo. It's not sick and sleek like Undertale or Fallout.
>>
>>321069193
The walker's design is great due to how it actually is a realistic transformation
>>
I love StarFox, but god damn, I can't really justify buying a full price SF64 AGAIN. Yeah, they added some stuff, but it's the same planets and plot. I like the series as a primarily on-rails space shooter, but come on.
>>
>>321069576
Not him but there's honestly no defending those crappy ''infiltration'' segments, they look ridiculous, tedious, and incredibly boring, even Wind Waker's stealth part seemed partially fun, the clips from Zero look like a freeware game for 3-6 years old.
>>
>>321064709
This is going to be hilarious, since it's technically going to be the THIRD time they've rehashed the original Star Fox, since SF64 was really just a rehash of that game, let's not forget.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it. Not quite what I wanted out of a new Star Fox, and a PLATINUM-developed Star Fox at that, but I'm a fan of rail shooters and a fan of the series. I think SF64 is pretty overrated but fuck it, this is looking like it might be even better. Recent footage looks much faster than before.

I think this will end up being the last Star Fox game ever made though. When you think about it, we're lucky to even be getting this game.
>>
File: doctor.jpg (101 KB, 436x528) Image search: [Google]
doctor.jpg
101 KB, 436x528
>>321067518
dude, you don't know fnaf?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJfRmTI7Dx4
>>
>>321070623

This is a love letter to old SF fans. You might be right it might be the last old-style SF game we get, but I doubt it will be the last SF game ever, since Fox is pretty popular in Smash.

Next game they just go back to the Gamecube-era style to cater to the younger demographic fanbase, which were pretty pissed about Zero.
>>
>>321070623
Making gyro controls so important was a mistake that will only limit their sales, it would be nice if Splatoon made people more open to the idea but Nintendo is sending this game to die based on how little advertising they've done so close to release.
>>
>>321070014
>buying a full price SF64 AGAIN
>1997 was 19 years ago
>crying about it like you bought it last year

Fuck OFF Faggot
>>
>>321069576
That's the ONE good thing about the walker - the game play will be fun.

Yeah, but it's Miyamoto, same fuck that ruined Command. You know that's what's going to happen.

The camera zooms out to infinity and you're locked in or something. There's no frantic panic from watching your radar screen or trying to nail tight shots.

No, it's going to slow the game down, and that's what made Assault so mediocre and killed it's replay value.

The max rating this game will get is an 8.

>>321069903
I'll grant you that, but they could have realistically transformed it into something with a bit more impact. This is a joke.
>>
>>321070937
>since Fox is pretty popular in Smash.
That's kind of a good point.

Too bad rail shooters are dead. One of my favorite genres too.

>Next game they just go back to the Gamecube-era style to cater to the younger demographic fanbase, which were pretty pissed about Zero.
Is this even remotely true? I think only Krystalfags are upset.

>>321070985
The game would likely have never been made without the GamePad. Also they have plenty of time to advertise it, it comes out in April ffs.
>>
>>321067198
2 games a year
>>
>>321071570
Really more like 4-7.
>>
There's a reason 64 was the last good SF game. Inb4 bad game defense force
>>
>>321067198
Not that guy (I actually do enjoy my Wii U.) but most of your arguments why it is good is just why it is not shit.

The console market these days is pretty bad. We have two shit consoles, one mediocre console, one mediocre handheld and one good handheld.
>>
It looks boring and mediocre.

It'll get hardly any advertising and the series will die again, but it won't matter considering Nintendo has no idea what to do with it.
>>
>>321070937
>younger demographic pissed about Zero

Well, I'm upset about it too, but I get the feeling you mean because it's a rail shooter and not Halo.
Source?
>>
>>321071291
>Nintendo
>advertising
>advertising a B-series

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>321071291
>Is this even remotely true?
The game's reveal was fairly negative in Japan, Nintendo doesn't know what their consumers want in regards to Star Fox
>>
>>321072236
>Nintendo doesn't know nor care what their consumers want

If it wasn't obvious from Club Nintendo being shut down in favor of a cheevos system.
>>
Wasn't this game delayed to spend more time trying to get a "platinum feel"?

Have we gotten any new footage since then?
Or am I imagining this news?
>>
>>321071062
conveniently forgetting about the 3DS port I see
>>
>>321072594
That's what the stated cause of the delay was for, but I'm almost certain they're tweaking the graphics in key parts because of complaints. Either that or delaying the game past the holiday season.
>>
File: 1443126535818.jpg (182 KB, 800x570) Image search: [Google]
1443126535818.jpg
182 KB, 800x570
>>321064709
this just reminds me of mario and zelda

>we want a game that's just like the classic one we all love!
then
>what a rehash! we want a game that's completely different!
then
>this is too different!
and people wonder why nobody likes nintendo fans
>>
>>321073231
Except people actually buy those games
>>
>>321073231
>everyone has the same opinions about everything
>>
>>321073418
welcome to the /v/ hivemind
>>
>>321073231
Nintendo goes overboard on changes. Subtlety is not in their vocabulary, and it's about to bite them in the ass.
>>
>>321073668
are you a time traveler from 2001?
>>
>>321064709
haha ebin
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.