[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We all knew that a plethora of viable characters would never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 11
File: maxresdefault.jpg (453 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
453 KB, 3000x1688
We all knew that a plethora of viable characters would never get onto the roster. Are Mii costumes an acceptable way of at least acknowledging that they were wanted and giving us the ability to use them after a fashion?
>>
>No Ridley costume

No.
>>
>>321060818
there is a black knight one?
>>
>>321060996
nvm
>>
>>321060818
They're a slap in the face when they're willing to make 6 Fire Emblem characters playable.
>>
honestly for characters like geno and lloyd, yes

for characters like k rool? absolutely not
>>
>>321060818

No.

As an example, Chrom could have replaced Ike or Roy, and Lucina was a pointless addition. Likewise, we could have had unique characters instead of dark pit or Dr Mario, and characters like Ganon and Falco should have their own unique movesets instead of being clones.
>>
I honestly wish they instead gave cosmetic packs to characters as DLC instead. Nobody uses fagfighters.
>>
>>321061156
they could have had 8 FE characters if they made all mii fighter costumes into actual fighters.
>>
>can't even use them online
>lots of potential characters relegated to being a shitty hat
>constantly showing what could have been if they wanted to do classic Nintendo characters or God forbid more villains

But instead we are visited by the Foot Fetish Dragon of Advertisement
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 250x250
>>321061246
>more samuslike than samus herself
>shoots shit in many different ways
>can be ranged without spamming
>not wanting to use grenades
Nah fuck you
>>
>>321060818

No, the shit they did to Chrom was unexpectable.
>>
>>321061427

>adding Corn instead of Camillia as an axe fighter
>adding Corn instead of Lobster for his flipping katana weilding shenanigans

Either of them would have had better movesets, both are incredibly popular in Japan, and both are far more interesting than Corn.
>>
>>321061427
How dare you question Sakurai's FE obsession.

And don't forget about the Assist Trophy mechanic, which Sakurai specifically created as a way to shunt people he deemed unworthy into a hell from which only one has returned and two were lost forever in.
>>
it's fine for EVEN MORE anime swordmen and all the generic virtua fighter characters they added, but stuff like k.rool and that flying man just look awful. i almost wish there were more mii costumes. geno and inkling look alright
>>
Fuck Sakurai and fuck Nintendo. I'll never buy anything Nintendo related ever fucking again FUCK YOU NINTENDO
>>
>Sakurai claims Chrom would be exactly like Ike despite having his own animations and such in Awakening
>doesn't captialize on it by making Chrom a clone of Ike with some altered animations, no fire, tweaked stats, and Robin's Final Smash

Sakurai is a creature of chaos.
>>
>>321061714
>How dare you question Sakurai's FE obsession.

Who knew the creator of Kirby be into such a series.
>>
File: 1449890296326.jpg (164 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449890296326.jpg
164 KB, 1920x1080
>Another FE self insert
>>
File: Poor Chrom.jpg (81 KB, 960x925) Image search: [Google]
Poor Chrom.jpg
81 KB, 960x925
>>321060818
Not really. Miis in general already look ugly and out of place with their overly simplistic models and lack of basic customization options. The idea that a sports mascot style costume is somehow a fitting placeholder for the actual character being is just silly, and that's not even considering movesets being not at all similar. All the resources used on making them should have been used on giving actual new costumes for existing characters, including ones that change them visually in to others. Alph as an Olimar alt works fine so why couldn't they have done Chrom and Roy as FE alts? Or shit like the various Pikachus (Pachirisu, Pichu, etc.) as alts for it? Stuff like that would be way more well received while also looking better and being a better tribute to the games and characters who couldn't make it in.
>>
I love this anti FE salt
>>
File: Shigeru_Miyamoto.jpg (44 KB, 455x343) Image search: [Google]
Shigeru_Miyamoto.jpg
44 KB, 455x343
The fact that they keep making them means that people have been buying them. Looks like Miyamoto was right about Miis all along and kids like to play as their own characters and play dress up.
>>
>>321061225
You're a fucking idiot.
We would never get unique characters to replace Dr. Mario or Dark Pit.
>>
Maybe if they were allowed to be used online and tourneyfags would allow them too
>>
File: 1566221.jpg (161 KB, 600x665) Image search: [Google]
1566221.jpg
161 KB, 600x665
>>321064798
>>
File: miifighters.jpg (220 KB, 1723x757) Image search: [Google]
miifighters.jpg
220 KB, 1723x757
>>321060818
I probably like the Mii Fighters more than most people on this board, and I have to say hell no. Having a character's costume on one of these short, generic fuckers is kind of a slap in the face. I'd much rather have had more versatile costume pieces than the one-and-done stuff that made up most of the DLC.
>>
>>321067068
Did they ever give a reason why they're only allowed online in With Friends and Tournament Mode? If they were truly afraid of people being offended they'd have also disabled the taunting word bubbles.

They are allowed at some tournaments/competitions that allow custom movesets, from what I remember reading.
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
Yes

But the fanbases of said characters will pretend this isnt and some kind of mock to the fanbase

I really fucking appreciate the K Rool costume using his classic DKC design
>>
>>321069139
Same. I was really hoping Lloyd would eventually show up as a second Namco rep, but this was good too.

Plus had he gotten in /v/ would be in a frenzy about another anime swordsman getting into Smash.
>>
File: It's A Mii.png (296 KB, 466x464) Image search: [Google]
It's A Mii.png
296 KB, 466x464
>>321069139
My problem is more with the Miis themselves than the idea of these characters just being costumes. I've never cared for how they look and they always seem out of place in every game they show up in. They just don't mesh well and having costumes from other games just sort of heightens how off they look with the clashing styles.
>>
>>321069882
Source?
>>
>>321069882
Sauce plz
>>
>>321070508
Found it guys!
http://rule34.paheal.net/post/view/1457163#search=Mii
>>
>>321060818
I bought some of them out of support for those characters. The ones I like most are the ones that cover Mii face. Protoman and Black Knight look great for example.

K.Rool, well, I would have vastly preferred a face-covering head over that shit. Geno is alright with a half-decent Miiface (the official one is so fucking lazy)
>>
>>321060818
i don't understand who some of these outfits were for. Bear suit with honey pot cannon? A shitty hoodie and jeans? FLAME CLOTHES?

The monkey is really bad too
>>
>>321060818
They should be free
>>
>>321060818
>outfits of characters already in the game

That's the thing I just don't get. Time and effort was put into costumes for characters we already have. Why? And you're charging money for them? Those ones should've been free
>>
>Miis
>appropriate
>>
File: Armstrong.png (563 KB, 867x766) Image search: [Google]
Armstrong.png
563 KB, 867x766
>mii costumes don't deconfirm characters
>>
File: dreamsdocometrue.jpg (40 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
dreamsdocometrue.jpg
40 KB, 500x371
>>321074349
Armstrong in Smash 5?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.