[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
White Wolf
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Jookat2zeresku.jpg (141 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
Jookat2zeresku.jpg
141 KB, 720x720
YAY!
https://youtu.be/sEoG8YQrLuE
>>
Nobody cares about a new World Of Darkness game?
>>
>>321061195
/v/ has been really weird lately.

I can't watch the vid right now, any plans for a new RPG?
>>
>>321060525
Is it an RPG? MMO can fuck off.
>>
>>321062325
>>321062382
They do say that PC games will be made. They want to just start putting VTM out there so it would not be in the dark, so to speak.
Paradox gave them 'free-roam' kind of rules.
>>
>>321061195
I think most people are still pretty pissed about getting hyped for the MMO only for it to be cancelled.
>>
>>321062382
>>321062325
They also trying to make Windows 10 with WoD. In a way of unifying it. Bringing it to 2015. Tabletop will get new editions too. Werewolf, Mage, Changeling - all of them.
>>
>>321063101
WhiteWolf or Paradox now have all the assets and everything that was done by CCP. Not really sure if they have the engine/license/whatever to continue doing something with it.
>>
File: U_cheeky_lil_cunt.jpg (29 KB, 429x343) Image search: [Google]
U_cheeky_lil_cunt.jpg
29 KB, 429x343
>>321063191
Not bad.

I meant PC RPG lad
>>
>>321063485
That too. They just need to START things with partners and so on. Will take some time.
>>
>>321060525
When do they talk about vidya?
>>
>>321065639
Directly they just mention it in a way like 'we are going to do it'. That is all. Nothing specific, apart from the >>321063278
>>
yeah vtm is cool, but they'll probably use requiem's bad lore and gimped skillset
when's werewolf the video game
or hunters
>>
>>321066146
What makes you say that?
Also, as far as hunter or werewolf goes - White Wolf might actually do that too. Depends on how the first PC game they make fare. Paradox might just say "Fuck this" if sales are bad.
>>
>>321066642
The fact that vampire the requiem replaced masquerade
>>
>>321066886
Let us wait and see what they have in store for the One World Of Darkness. How re-worked world will become.
>>
Too much nothing running thin over too long.

Not sure about the seemingly - to me at least - juvenile desire for the brand to be "mature" . But we'll see.
>>
>>321067573
Well, VtM setting is hardly 'teen' thing. Unlike, say Harry Potter or The other thing with Romantic Vampires.
Twilight or some shit.
Also, did you notice how many people were in there? What's up with that?
>>
>>321068070

Vampire - and early WoD in general - was a *very* teen game if you ask me. Nothing wrong or shameful about that.

>What's up with that?

Isn't this a public fan event of sort, or did I misunderstand ?
>>
>>321068356
It really didn't feel teen to me. But what do I know? I only played the tabletop two times and both times there was a lot of backstabbing and betrayal. Maybe that is why I didn't really get in-to it at the time.

I don't know about the event. Was thinking maybe someone who can read German could tell me what the poster says.
>>
>>321068654

You had the impossible to resolve Oedipus complex with older vampire-authority figures hard coded into the game's DNA, you had the rebellious "us-who-know against a world of sheep" angle, you had the combination of willful camp and desire to be mature that worked wonders with that old 90s now so-called-edginess, it had that whole secret world angle to it too (one reason I think the game had a bigger gay community: the masquerade being basically, again, a hard-coded metaphor of being in the closet - I know people the game helped a lot with coping).

Lot of coming of age elements turned into very strong dynamic metaphors.
>>
>>321069527
Also, people at White Wolf where fucking hippies who went overboard with FUUUUCK TECHNOLOGY AND PROGRESS!!!! FUCK YOU DAD!!! I HATE YOU!
>>
>>321069527
Okay. Ignorance is bliss, I guess.
Still, let us wait and see what happens. I like The Secret World (apart from combat), so might be interesting if something similar (read - set in modern days) pop up. Doesn't have to be MMO, just needs co-op.
>>
>>321063191
If I get new Geist the world is in a good place
>>
>>321069751

Werewolf was part angst-y captain planet - no arguing about that, and Mage did start with "evil" technocracy, but at least became a lot more layered and interesting later on.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.