[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: your unpopular /v/ opinions I think Deus Ex is an extremely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: an-angry-mob.png (725 KB, 864x576) Image search: [Google]
an-angry-mob.png
725 KB, 864x576
ITT: your unpopular /v/ opinions

I think Deus Ex is an extremely dated game and I prefer HR to it
>>
All games are products of their time. I think few here wouldn't argue that Deus Ex hasn't aged, it's just the series sat so long before a new game that the differences were more jarring.

People adjust more readily to incremental change. eBay once tried to change the color of a page from yellow to white and people flipped shit. So they reverted to yellow, then slowly adjusted the shade of the page over the course of several months. Nobody noticed.
>>
Character development is a myth, if a character has an annoying or weak personality at the beginning instead of simply lacking one the players perception focuses on their first impressions of the character.
>>
I believe OP shouldn't kill himself but should get raped to death by niggers instead
>>
If you don't own more than one platform, you are half assing your hobby.
>>
Smash 4 isn't a bad game,.it's just not 1:1 to melee, hence why it get's shitted on.

FF7 Remake is just a cash grab by SE taking advantage of individuals nostalgia.

Under-tale is an alright game, just nowhere near as good as faggots pretend it to be. For a better board quality filter the following: Undertale, Memetale, Undermeme, Toby Fox.

Street Fighter V is looking to be a weaker title than SF4. The first two builds looked promising, but build 5 has curbed any and all excitement for the game.

The Souls Series are not difficult games, despite what the vocal minority says.

Non-1st Party console exclusives are anti-consumer and do nothing but encourage shitty childlike behavior such as the shitposting that is plaguing this board.

The 3DS doesn't have any games outside Monster Hunter.

Monster Hunter is being held back by the japanese market due to their busy lifestyle making for Handhelds to be the best console for them.

Outside Bloodbourne, PS4 has no games.*
Xbone doesn't have any games.*
WiiU doesn't have any games.*
Vita is dead.

*Games that interest me
>>
The Souls series's quality and influence is vastly overrated.

Their most unique contribution is a clever and organic multiplayer environment (which many games have attempted to emulate). Aside from that, nothing they do moves the gaming genre forward in any way.

People talk about these games as if they're as gamechanging as shit like Resident Evil 1 or Street Fighter 2. Well, unlike those games, the Souls series never invented any genres. RE1 invented the modern survival horror game. SF2 invented the modern fighting game.

On the other hand, Souls didn't invent any genres. That's why its fans constantly try to pathetically make the term "Souls-like" a thing to make it seem as if their game is more influential than it actually is.

People say Hidetaka Miyazaki is a genius, but his limited innovations have nothing in comparison to truly great developers like Shinji Mikami.
>>
Cynthia is best girl
>>
>>321055959
Heavily modded Skyrim is the best RPG ever made.

Except for level design, Dark Souls 2 is better than Dark Souls 1, you just got bored of the forumula

Fallout 4 was garbage, and shouldn't be called Fallout, yet it's still one of the best games of the last few years.
>>
>>321057428
>>321057937
>>>r/eddit
>>
File: 6zsUo9h.gif (3 MB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
6zsUo9h.gif
3 MB, 550x550
The games industry needs to implode and start fresh. Too few companies have control over what is published and it is killing innovation.
>>
>>321055959
Not only fallout 3 is a top tier game, i find it pathetic that people concider NV so much superior to it, since they are literallythe same game with only minor differences.

Also, if you remove the nostalgia glasses you will see games are mich better now than they were 10 or 20 years ago.
>>
>>321058441
>Minor differences
nice bait.
>>
>unpopular opinion thread
>spout bullshit
everytime
>>
>>321058065
more
>>
>>321058441

Well, I'll give it to you, this is an unpopular opinion.
>>
Final fantasy ix is not a happy charming adventure like it's fans push it as. It crams five games worth of convoluted drama into one hobbled together plot.
>>
>>321059329
>>
But Deus Ex aged very well, and it's far deeper than any of the other games.
>>
Half Life 2 is the most overrated game I've seen. It's mediocre. It involves going set piece to set piece showing one gimmick off to another. Since it relied so heavily on that gimmicky style, things got old REALLY fast, especially if you already experienced it before in another game
>>
>>321058065
No Anon, that's Jessie
>>
OP was born in 1995 or beyond
>>
>>321059690
Thought lots of people thought this. HL2 is garbage.
>>
A game worth pirating isn't a game worth your time
>>
>>321059786
>A game worth pirating isn't a game worth your time

wot
>>
Metal Gear Solid V was a fun game and not the worst in the series. I enjoyed the twist (I also enjoyed it in MGS2) and while there was less plot I thoroughly enjoyed my time with it.
>>
The Witcher 3 is getting needless praise. It has one of the only 10/10 scores ever given from Gamespot. It got GOTY from almost every publication. It is not that good.

The combat is awful, the main story is meh at best, the leveling is buttfucked, dialogue choices serve only to fuck up the protagonist's characterization, and it looks like shit. It has some good side content. It is not some incredible game.
>>
>>321059786
What?
So if it's worth downloading to play, it's not worth playing?
>>
>>321059764
There's still Valve fanboys that worship everything they do. I remember back when the 360 came out I was a PC gamer mostly, we would rib each other about trophy whores, people who buy or rent games just for that purpose. Then laughed at the character skin DLC for Gear of War (2?).

Now it's the other way around. Constant threads of "WHAT'S YOUR STEAM SCORE?" and people actually BUYING skins for guns on CS GO.

What the fuck
>>
Metal Gear would have been a more enjoyable series if there wasn't as much dialogue.

>>321057394
Unpopular but objectively correct.
>>
FFXIII's battle theme is the best in the series.
>>
>>321060849
I don't agree but I don't think this is an offensive opinion. Game had some good damn music.
>>
Bravely Default is the greatest Final Fantasy game
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.