[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy shit SFV in SteamOS How did that happen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: tmp_3665-images(2)1403072708.jpg (10 KB, 308x164) Image search: [Google]
tmp_3665-images(2)1403072708.jpg
10 KB, 308x164
Holy shit
SFV in SteamOS

How did that happen?
>>
>>321052257
they ported it to linux
>>
>>321052257
when will the steam os meme die?
>>
>>321052257
They put it on SteamOS.

Seriously though, how's that whole project coming along? Have they started to shave away the API overhead yet? That would be the only to reason to ever use it. If they manage to succeed, that would be revolutionary for gaming.
>>
>>321052797

Everything is going well except for lackluster GPU drivers and the difficulty in getting devs to port their games over.

Right now if you want a Big Picture setup Windows is still the best option.
>>
>>321053196
I take it they're putting their eggs in the Vulkan basket?
>>
>>321052518
>die
in 2008 Macfags were asking "When will this Android meme die?"
>>
>>321053381

Pretty much. DX will obviously neverever get properly ported over and while you can use Wine for it, it's still far behind native DX support.

I'm a long time Linux user and prefer it for 95% of everything I use a PC for, but for games Windows is still king and will be for the foreseeable future.
>>
It's an Unreal Engine game, it's practically free to port.
>>
>>321053601
Ohhhhhh.

Cool.
>>
As if waiting for a PS4 player to load wasn't long enough.
>>
>>321052257
OSX doesn't have DX11 support, but has OpenGL support. So testing things out on Linux is not that bad of idea.
>>
>>321053903

what makes you think that SteamOS on vastly superior hardware would load a game slower than a PS4?
>>
>>321054079
retardation
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.