[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So did the devs bail or what? Is this shit ever happening? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
So did the devs bail or what? Is this shit ever happening? I thought it looked interesting years ago but it looks like the same game now even though they've apparently been working on it all along.

How long have they been holding people on a Peter Molyneux-tier promise of reactive AI now?

Are they completely fucked?
>>
>early access survival game
>ever being finished
Pick one
>>
>>321051710
Surely somebody's still paying attention and holding them responsible even though they probably want nothing more than for people to forget the project so they can walk away. Are they legally obliged to finish?
>>
File: 1445158312021.png (2 MB, 2052x2496) Image search: [Google]
1445158312021.png
2 MB, 2052x2496
>>321051776

>Are they legally obliged to finish?

nope
>>
File: 1448856619826.jpg (52 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1448856619826.jpg
52 KB, 720x480
>>321052051
Something is deeply wrong with this industry.
>>
>>321051513

>get the game almost complete
>oh no guys! we got robbed, they specifically took our computers out of our homes and we had no backuuuuuppp
>guess we will have to redo everything
>proceed to slowly abandon the project

suspicious
>>
>>321052194
Yes, it's the part where people don't read the big fucking early access disclaimer on the store page before buying an EA game.
>>
>>321052194

this is the true face of the indrustry

people nowaday only care about money, everything else dosen't matter anymore
>>
>>321052253
>get the game almost complete

I agree that the robbery thing is ridiculous but this really isn't true. At the time of the robbery It wasn't anywhere close to finished. It was pretty much just a demo.

I bought in to this around the time they first came out with it I checked it out a few weeks ago after not playing it for what must have been well over a year. It's come a long way but until there's some sort of quest system and they add in this AI they've been talking about it's a pretty boring game.
>>
>>321052194
tbqh I believe if you invested into this dumb fad you deserve to be scammed
>>
>>321051513
it looks like the final push they make will be releasing their much trumpeted ai system

after that they'll jump ship

however like every zombie survival game the things that ruins it is the boredom. After collecting all the supplies it's either waiting in your house for weeks until you need to go back out or a zombie breaks in, and repeating this process ad nauseum
>>
>>321052901

>however like every zombie survival game the things that ruins it is the boredom. After collecting all the supplies it's either waiting in your house for weeks until you need to go back out or a zombie breaks in, and repeating this process ad nauseum

that's the problem with every survivol game
>>
>>321053009
really the only thing that would save this game would be survivor ai to spice things up

yet it's the same thing the devs refuse to release
>>
>>321052378
woah woah woah there buddy, dont be using the word "true face" to a post of keanu, that's disrespectful. Keanu doesn't give half a shit about money, he is one of the few hollywood stars just lives in a small single floor house that even a minimum wage fresh out of highschool punk could afford.
>>
>>321052814
I never have or will pay for early access, but this stuff still hurts to hear about each time.
>>
>expecting zombie games to be finished ever
>>
>>321053642
One would be nice. It looks like Dead Rising will be the all time champ indefinitely though.
>>
>>321053439
Don't forget how he's constantly donating to various charities and such.
>>
>>321052901
>ai system
They have been trying to release decent NPC's for years now and every time it's failed.
The game is quite fun, but you can really tell that the devs are inexperienced and are learning most of it as they go.
>>
>So did the devs bail or what? Is this shit ever happening?

Gee, I dunno. Maybe you idiots should check the devblog instead of talking shit.

http://projectzomboid.com/blog/category/news-development/
>>
>>321055009
dev pls go
>>
>>321055009
t. Project Zomboid Dev
>>
>>321051513
>zombie survival early acess
>"So did the devs bail or what?"

Take a fucking guess you oblivious idiot
>>
File: Iran.jpg (80 KB, 524x627) Image search: [Google]
Iran.jpg
80 KB, 524x627
>>321051513

It's kind of like Overgrowth.

Any progress they make is so fucking slow and painful that you lose interest after a few years.

I mean, you don't have to choose between these snail pace indies (which often have devs with real cuntish personalities) and the faceless corporate AAA products that big publishers pump out every year. We can find a happy medium.

I personally have more fun playing casual stuff like Puzzle Pirates or watered down games like Dark Souls 2 than an unfinished early access game. I also have about a hundred old games that I can pick up on GoG someday. There's no real point in being loyal to these handicapped indie projects unless they're a decent Nuclear Throne.
>>
>>321051513
>So did the devs bail or what?
They didn't. Game is being updated.
>>
>>321058261

Better question:

Are the updates decent enough to give a shit about this game anymore?

Should we forget about it for 5 years and come back to it after playing a lot of better games?
>>
>>321051513

They have a thing called Mondoid where they give the players news every week. They also run a separate build called IWBUMS which is shaping up quite nicely. Though it seems like they've been working on everything but the NPCs.
>>
>been in development for years
>looks like a browser game still
>The witcher fucking 3 was finished before this was

fuck off with it
>>
>>321058539

by the way, if you want to get to the beta branch:

>right click, go to properties
>enter code "iaccepttheconsequences"
>opt into IWBUMS

enjoy
>>
>>321058539

We've reached a point where survival games of equal "quality" are being shit out every few months. Project Zomboid isn't really special anymore (if it ever was).

Even a clunky mess like Dead State is at least finished.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.