[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Games media
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1286589835836.png (143 KB, 804x1949) Image search: [Google]
1286589835836.png
143 KB, 804x1949
Where do you go for vidya news and reviews?
>>
>news
NintendoEverything and SiliconEra
>reviews
I don't, really.
I check out metacritic every now and then.
>>
I don't pay attention to news. I end up seeing pre release stuff from /v/ and make a decision based on that. Haven't bought a game since Shadow Of Mordor and feel totally justified in doing so.
>>
I come here.

The more /v/ loves a game, the worse it actually is.
The more /v/ hates a game, the better is actually is.

Never been wrong yet.
>>
>>321044651
Your opinion on Gone Home and F-Zero GX, please.
>>
>>321044802
F-Zero GX is a factually bad game. Its challenge doesn't come from well designed courses or mechanically sound gameplay but confirmed rubber-band AI that adds nothing more than artificial difficulty to a game remembered purely for the Captain Falcon meme.

Gone Home, while short, is technically sound. While not my cup of tea, the few things it does it manages to do well.
>>
>>321045124
There's not really rubber banding outside of story mode, "artificial difficulty" is the argument of a retard, and the game is remembered for far more than Captain Falcon.
>>
>>321045310
Rubber banding is factual artificial difficulty and it's present in many racing games. Your ability means nothing when the CPU can blow past you even if you drive absolutely perfectly in the games best vehicle.

And Captain Falcon is the only thing the game is remembered for. Never the other races or the tracks or the music, only Falcon and his meme phrases.
>>
>>321043086
Here.

I don't really trust opinions on shit unless the person I'm talking to isn't giving off the impression of hyperbole, but it's the only place I care to go.
>>
>>321043086
I usually just stay on /v/. Except for anything Xbox related. In which case I use twitter and their own Xbox sites.
>>
>>321045596
Again, rubber banding isn't really present outside of story mode.

List a single phrase Captain Falcon says in F-Zero GX that people remember.
>>
>>321043086

I don't because I just want to play games.
>>
>>321043086
vee

cancerbook

PC PowerPlay occasionally

friends, family [my cousin plays vidya 24/7 and generally has quite good tastes]

fucking EB games

>>321045596
I remember it for the music, Mute City and Port City and that radical menu music especially. I have also seen multiple /v/ threads talking about the music in it

not >>321045310 just so you know

also you might want to consider the possibility that you're just a contrarian to contrarians
>>
>>321043086
I don't. We live an age where streaming is so god damn widespread and popular that I can just go to Twitch, watch a few hours of gameplay, then decide if it looks like something I actually want.
>inb4 shilling streamers
Go to a lower view count stream. Its that simple.
>>
>>321046694
As for news, I just come here. /v/ is usually on top of even the most obscure shit and I can just fact-check it if OP is a biased faggot/spreading misinformation.
>>
>>321046694
This, I go to youtube for my reviews and get them without having to pay for a subscription or magazine

the only thing actual reviewers can do that you can't see in a video is tell you what the controls are like, and some youtubers will tell you that too

there's usually brilliant people with no cringeworthy yelling over the video too who just overlay text for anything that needs saying
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.