[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>play FPS game >sensitivity feels off >turn it down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 1448206915487.png (12 KB, 405x414) Image search: [Google]
1448206915487.png
12 KB, 405x414
>play FPS game
>sensitivity feels off
>turn it down
>still off
>turn it up
>still off
>enable mouse smoothing, still off
>enable raw input, still off
>>
I think this might be a problem with you.
>>
File: 1388014365795.gif (23 KB, 105x90) Image search: [Google]
1388014365795.gif
23 KB, 105x90
try turning down your graphics home bro
>>
>Gamma setting changes monitor gamma instead of in-game
>Closing the game doesnt change it back
>>
>>321038948
Turn off vsync
>>
It's vsync

I played the entirety of skyrim hating how clunky the game felt without ever realizing it was vsync.

I found out after I beat it you need to edit a cfg file.

Worst
>>
>>321039468
I'm not here to start a PC/console war but it's things like this that make playing on PC inaccessible without learning the ins-and-outs of every setting and having to constantly micro-manage every aspect of configuration.

Compare to consoles which are literally plug and play (sans install/download time).

Just my two cents.
>>
>>321039468
I'll try that, thanks
>>
>>321039927
hey man, I agree

It only takes a few minutes to read up on what options do but hiding options from the menu and putting them in a text file instead is a real issue.
>>
>>321038948
>relying on muscle memory rather than skill
>>
>>321039927

Just because you CAN change a game's settings doesn't mean you have to. Why is having options a bad thing?
>>
>>321040272
Because it's not like the default settings will be perfectly optimized for your machine, you doofus. Whereas on consoles devs optimize it according to a mass standard.
>>
>>321041048
>Whereas on consoles devs optimize it according to a mass standard
And it still runs like dogshit and looks like dogshit.
But hey, at least you didn't have to tinker with any settings.
>>
>>321041130
>editing a games config file
>tinkering with settings
k m8
>>
>>321041215
>>editing a games config file
>>tinkering with settings
Uh, yes?
What would you call it?
>>
>>321041325
I would call tinkering with settings adjusting parameters in the actual game's options menu.
>>
>>321041431
No, what would you call editing a config file?
>>
>>321039927
>I'm not here to start a PC/console war
The absolute madman!
>>
>>321039927
In this case how would playing on console be any better? It'd still feel off without being able to do anything about it, and if it's a controller only thing you could just use a controller.
>>
>>321041494
What would answering that prove?
>>
>>321041048

Wouldnt you rather be able to turn down some settings in TW3/FO4/etc and get your cinema smooth 30fps instead of it lagging like a motherfucker the entire time?

Unless you count AAA games routinely running at 15-30 fps "perfectly optimized".
>>
>>321041580
That it's a method of tinkering with settings.
>>
>>321041553
You're right, but this is largely assuming an ideal situation. IE perfectly optimized console game and perfectly optimized PC game. The perfectly optimized PC game will still always require some level of fucking with the game's settings according to your machine.
>>
>>321041750
>The perfectly optimized PC game will still always require some level of fucking with the game's settings according to your machine.
Nope.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 1858x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 1858x1080
>>321041750

If you're too lazy to take 15 minutes and learn what settings do what, or don't want to use the games automatically detected defaults, then you can use Nvidia's Geforce Experience or Amd's equivalent to optimize a game for you.

GE even gives you hover-able screenshots and explains what each setting does. Getting a game to run well on your machine is braindead simple these days.
>>
>>321042142
>implying either of these programs with edit a game's config files
>>
>>321041750
Most games nowadays, or at least some will auto detect hardware and give a suggested setting by default. Heck I remember Half Life 2 did. You could just boot it up and play.
>>
>>321042412

what are you trying to say?

if you're implying they don't edit a games config files for you, you're wrong because that's exactly what they do
>>
>>321039383
how happened that I can have a perfectly vsynced platformer game on muh PS3, controlled by a fucking bluetooth remote control WITHOUT an input delay, but as soon as i want to play hell yeah or Rogue Legacy on muh Nvidia without screen tearing - input delay turns experience into annoying shit show?

Help me, mustard race - some asshole from g said to use rivatuner server utility ant put an fps cap, but the tearing didn't go away!

I'm desperate - help me Jesus
>>
>>321042610
Bump 4 you buddy
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.