[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Series where the first entry is the best, but where the popular
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: sb.jpg (27 KB, 480x347) Image search: [Google]
sb.jpg
27 KB, 480x347
Series where the first entry is the best, but where the popular opinion is that the later entries are.

Pic very related.
>>
The Sims 1, easily
>>
>>321035292
>haro minna, im fat piece of shite hipster

Hehe ok baby.
>>
Threadly reminder that Dr. Leo did nothing wrong.
>>
Illusion of gaia > terranigma > soul blazer
>>
>>321036743
Terranigma > Soul Blazer > Illusion of Gaia
>>
Souls series.
Demon's Souls > the rest
>>
>>321035292
Terranigma was more polished but more of a downer. No sane anon agrees Illusion of Gaia is the superior installment, however.
>>
Mass Effect
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (135 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
135 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>321036797
Hello Sonygger.

Dark Souls > Demon's Souls > Dark Souls 2 > Bloodborne
>>
Bioshock
>>
File: jokerface.jpg (54 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
jokerface.jpg
54 KB, 576x432
>>321035292
>Soul Blazer
>first entry
ActRaiser (1990)
Soul Blazer (1992)
ActRaiser 2 (1993)
Illusion of Gaia (1993)
Robotrek (1994)
Terranigma (1995)
The Granstream Saga (1997)
Planet Laika (1999)
Orphen: Scion of Sorcery (2000)
>>
>>321037014
Dark Souls had terrible bosses and pacing.
They expanded the world size but failed to make good use of it. It was to Demon's what Dark Souls 2 is to Dark Souls.
Nice projecting though.
>>
>>321037220
Demons had even shitter bosses than Dark though. What are you smoking? Only Flamelurker posed a decent challenge in DeS.
>>
>>321037215
Err, whoops. Ignore everything after Terranigma. Not related.
>>
File: 1450212822035.jpg (46 KB, 518x432) Image search: [Google]
1450212822035.jpg
46 KB, 518x432
>>321035292
>>321037215

I thought that Soul Blazer was an unique game without sequels.
>>
>>321037215
the actraisers don't even play like soul blazer/gaia/terra, nigga
>>
>>321037264
>Demons had even shitter bosses than Dark though
(You)

False King was the best boss ever.
Valley of Defilement was the only place with bad bosses. At the very least the last one was memorable for its gimmick.

Dark Souls only had O&S. Everything else was shit.
>>
>>321037441

Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma are pseudo-sequels.
>>
File: 3184-patfdbbbcp.jpg (66 KB, 484x484) Image search: [Google]
3184-patfdbbbcp.jpg
66 KB, 484x484
Say no more farn
>>
>>321036784
Story.
Terranigma>Illusion of Time/Gaia>Soul Blazer
Gameplay.
Terranigma>Soul Blazer>Illusion of Time/Gaia
I say the story was better because Soul Blazer was just the Good Gaia/God vs the Dark Gaia/Devil, only fucked up thing in Soul Blazer was the Doctor killing himself to wipe out the soldier and kill the dark queen.
Illusion of Time/Gaia delt with some fucked up issues such as. Slave labour, child slave labour, the desperation of starvation, people playing Russian roulette not for the money but because their lives are meaningless, genocide, corruption of the government, and shit tons of more stuff.
Terranigma goes even harder at stuff including more genocide and even repeated rape along with cultism and the sacrifices demanded of those who believe.
>>
>>321037561
What kind of fat memelord thinks Phalanx, Armor Spider, Fool's Idol, Maneaters, Old Monk, Adjudicator, and Old Hero are good bosses?

Also, Astrea or whatever is a shit boss. MUH ATMOSFEAR can't save her.
>>
>>321037860
Looking back those games had some fucked up plots.
>>
File: terranigma_end.jpg (862 KB, 640x5381) Image search: [Google]
terranigma_end.jpg
862 KB, 640x5381
>>321037860
>>321038139
Terranigma's ending was genuinely emotional as fuck,
>>
>>321038139
That is why they were so awesome.
Like when you first go to the 2nd major town in Illusion of Time/Gaia and its all nice, and flowery with sweet music.
Then you go down the back alleys and the music is still happy but the people look scummy and they try to rob you, hustle you and if you go to the back area there is a child slave auction.
Then your friend tries to help them escape, fails and gets put into the child slave labour diamond mine so the town can keep getting richer of the backs of child slaves from places that all ready sucked ass because they usually starved to death.
Then there was the sacrifice of Kara's pig Hamlet who died to feed the starving people near Ankor Wat.
>>
>>321038248
Illusion of Time/Gaia hit me harder since after all the shit that Will and Kara went though, saving the world they had to watch the planet one last time, embrace after all the horror they went though and die there.
Just to be reborn and never know each other or what they had done and how much they truly meant to one another.
>>
Did anyone ever make a translation patch for Soul Blazer/Illusion of Time/Terranigma? The engrish sometimes threw me off, but despite that I think the story came out coherent enough, but I'd like to play through these games with a better translation.
>>
Sin and Punishment
Pikmin
Metal Slug
Paper Mario
Mario Kart
>>
>>321039078
They all had English releases in America and the Eu.
Terranigma though was Eu only because at that point quintet was going to be devoured by Enix.
Also another fun game Quintet made was Robotrek, you play a scientist and use robots to fight hackers and monsters.
>>
>>321037215
Soul Blazer, Robotrek and Actraiser were from the same developer but that doesn't make the games intertwined.

You may as well say Mischief Makers is a sequel to Gunstar Heroes while you're at it.

Also
>Orphen
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.