[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>only have this guy and gwyn to go >getting completely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
>only have this guy and gwyn to go
>getting completely fucked by him
>ignores sif almost entirely
>no one leaving summon signs near his door
>character is too fucked to use a bow properly so I can't even cheese him

Is there some other trick? What do I do? Running full havels with a demon greataxe.
>>
http://darksouls.wikidot.com/silver-pendant
>>
>>321034694
>http://darksouls.wikidot.com/silver-pendant
okay I didn't actually have that, but I'm not even getting to his magic attacks, he's just repeatedly hitting me until I die.
>>
>>321034123
I'm not sure Sif affects his HP, like regular summons do (+50% to boss' total health), but he doesn't really help either. Unless maybe you're running a pure ranged build, and even then, his usefulness is limited.
You really should just git gud, OP. I really hope you have enough End to use this gear and have at least mid roll. He's very much beatable with mid roll.

Manus has a fuckton of HP, and this fight is really a war of attrition. You just have to be very patient with your attacks, whole dodging perfectly. Especially later into the fight, since Manus' damage increases as his health goes down.

To dodge his dark magic - watch the casting animation closely, watch his hands to tell what attack it's gonna be.
If it's a closing circle - you can turn around and block, if you have a good shield, but you also can run towards him, because this attack doesn't go all the way to the boss, and there's safe zone around him.
If it's the dark rain - just roll back three times.
If it's the cone - roll to the left two times.
>>321034694
I wouldn't recommend using the pendant, since slightly missed timing with it is more detrimental than mistimed roll, because recovery animation is much longer with the pendant.
Also the reflected projectiles from the rain have the tendency to bounce back at the player after being reflected.
>>
>>321034123
you have a few choices
1. git gid
2. use heavy armor and just tank him
3. upgrade your shield
>>
>>321034929
>>321035036
Oh boy this isn't terrible encouraging since I will freely admit I'm a shitter who just tries to haphazardly tank and hug bosses while trying to put them down as quickly as possible.
>>
I used a heavy poise build with a good shield and some sort of one-handed weapon, can't remember which. That should basically enable you to block most of his physical attacks, provided you have enough END and some items to regenerate it fast. For the magic attacks, you're going to have to learn the patterns m8. He telegraphs them quite clearly, so it shouldn't be too hard.
>>
>>321035319
>>321035036
Facetanking WILL NOT work on Manus, like it did for 4kings.
It only works on them because of their damage modifier based on distance from them. Manus will just mop the floor with you.

Just observe his attacks carefully and attack only when there's a big enough opening. Like for example, sometimes his left hand gets briefly stuck in the ground after he smashes with it.
Since you're using a slow weapon, you might only get a single hit in, during an opening. That's okay. As long as you're wearing the boss down and don't die, you WILL win.
To maximize your burst damage in a small opening, you can use the jump attack (forward+R2). But if you mess it up, it will lock you in a long ass special strong attack animation with the Demon Greataxe.
>>
Don't get too close, roll when he attacks, then hit him with a counterattack, and repeat. I take advantage of the claymore's rolling attacks + the leo ring, but plenty of weapons will work as long as they're not super slow.

I like using the silver pendant in his magic phase (I just always have it equipped and spam it when he starts his magic animation), but it's not necessary.

You probably have a higher level than me so you could probably equip a greatshield and poke him to death if you really wanted to cheese him.
>>
>>321034123
>be terrible at a game
>complain to /v/
>>
>>321035794
FOH famiglia.
>>
>>321035676
it does work on him
try it
>>
>>321034123
Use havels sheild with light armour with the ring, hopefully you should be able to at least med roll. Then just keep your distance from him until he's finished his combo strings etc run in for a hit and run away again.
>>
>>321034123
Manus shits too much damage to tank him effectively. You're better off dodging his attacks.
>>
>>321035319
Greatshield of Artorias, no matter how many times he hits it won't break you. Hit him whenever you get a breather. Silver pendant.
>>
Take off all your havels and roll, idiot. Manus is not a boss you can just poise through.
>>
>>321034123
Artorias Great shield and you'll be able to beat everything in the game.
>>
>>321034123

KILL HIM WITH LONGBOW + HAWK RING FROM BEHIND THE FOG GATE YOU MASSIVE MONGOLOID
>>
>>321034123
>full havels
End yourself.
>>
>>321037750
>using objectively the best armor in the game is bad
When will this meme end?
>>
Dark wood grain ring and a fast weapon
>>
>>321037834
Just because it has high defense numbers doesn't mean it's good; the weight to protection ratio is too unbalanced for it to be the best armor.

Unless you have the endurance to actually wear it, which will require a sacrifice of Health, Strength, or Hours for grinding, you won't get much use out of it.
>>
It's not that hard.Using the pendant is actually great and with a good shield you can block him.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.