[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FFVIIR voice acting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: cloud.jpg (49 KB, 550x310) Image search: [Google]
cloud.jpg
49 KB, 550x310
There's been a lot of shitposts about the VII Remake, let's keep this one civil.

The game will be fully voice acted. Are you satisfied with what you've heard from the PSX trailer? Steve Burton has done every single iteration of Cloud, do you like his take? Do you want the Advent Children cast back, or do you have a dream team of different VAs for the English version?

Do you want an option for Japanese audio?
>>
>>321033901
I always preferred the Advent Children cast.
>>
>>321033901
If we had the AC cast, FFXV would be the exact opposite of FF7
>>
>>321033901
I will use the original japanese audio anyway. I don't care for dubs.
>>
I love most of the voice cast, but I have to watch the japanese version of AC because of Australian Cid and Scottish Cait Sith.

I just can't listen to that shit.
>>
>>321033901
AC cast:

Cloud: Great, I like Burton's voice for Cloud, it makes Sm4sh hard to play without him in it
Tifa: Passable
Aeris: Great
Yuffie: Great
Barret: Horrible, glad they replaced him in the PSX trailer
Cid: Meh.
Vincent: Steve Blum can do no wrong
Cait Sith: Recast that shit immediately
RedXIII: Only said one thing, hard to tell.
Sephiroth: Perfect
Rufus: Meh
Reno: Got it memorized?
Rude: Fine

Overall the AC cast is pretty good, a few people need to go though.

Jessie and Biggs sound wonderful in the new trailer. Wedge is shit.
>>
AC cast was alright for some.
Steve Burton's Cloud always seems so weird to me. I just dont think the guy is good at voice acting though, as the sound of his voice is fine, he just seems flat all the time.
Tifa was good but also needed some acting lessons.
Redo Yuffie
Vincent was good
>>
>>321036732
I'm hoping Burton can pull off the whimsical snark needed for VII. AC was bleak as fuck, so I can see that he was trying to sell Cloud as just a manic depressive the entire time.
>>
>>321036792
It doesn't even sound like that to me really. It just sounds like all his lines are monotone imo.
He just needs some acting lessons or something.
>>
>>321033901
Not a fan of Cloud, but he's passable. I really like Barret's VA from the trailer, I'm actually glad they're not just going with a bad Mr. T impression. It would've been funny for the first 30 minutes maybe.
>>
>>321033901
>Do you want an option for Japanese audio?

It would be nice, that way I don't have to listen to the English VAs have to say "Aerith."
>>
>>321033901
I'm happy it's fully voice acted, I can just import it from Japan without having to worry about a few unknown kanji catching me off guard
>>
>>321036129
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_s%C3%ACth
There's a reason why Cait Sith was Scottish, you know.
>>
>>321036293
I liked Tifa more than flower girl
And Steve Blum, while being awesome, felt like he was doing a Snake impression
And I guess the remnants were pretty great especially with Kadaj being over theatrical and overcompensating for not being Sephiroth
>>
http://gematsu.com/2015/12/final-fantasy-vii-remake-staff-discuss-voice-dating-scenes-mini-games-more

>But since Nomura is more focused on the creation of the scenery, we want to express an environment character actions affect the scenery.”

Enjoy looking forward to FFXIII-7.
>>
Surprisingly, yeah. None of them really suck. I do hope Steve Burton can pull off the late game emotional stuff though.
>>
Cloud is the only voice acting Steve Burton does he primarily acts in soaps
>>
>>321040220
It really, really shows.
>>
>>321036293
>>321037265

Barret hasn't been recast. He's always been voiced by Beau Billingslea. I think the difference comes from them toning down the whole nignog approach.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.