[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will Capcom ever put Monster Hunter on a major console and/or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: monster-hunter-29144-1280x800.jpg (199 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
monster-hunter-29144-1280x800.jpg
199 KB, 1280x800
Will Capcom ever put Monster Hunter on a major console and/or PC?

I have no desire to own a handheld or a Wii but I really wanna play it. I think the closest I'll get is Dragon's Dogma.
>>
>>321026348
Monster Hunter is one of those games that just work better as a portable social meet up game, like Pokemon and Animal Crossing.
>>
Monster Hunter Online on PC

there are rumors of a PS4 Monster Hunter game too
>>
>>321026348
There's already Frontier on PC, it's just not available to us stupid gaijins. Oh, and Monster Hunter Online too, but apparently it's a pile of shit.
>>
Emulate, every single one of them except the very last two is emulatable.

And probably no, it looks like Nintendo paid a lot of money for the exclusivity, plus Capcom seems hellbent on putting the games on the weakest devices available at the time.
>>
If they ever make a Monster Hunter game on say, the PS4 or X-Box One, you'd most likely get a PC port within 3 years of its initial release.
>>
File: 1336257738473.jpg (239 KB, 520x638) Image search: [Google]
1336257738473.jpg
239 KB, 520x638
>>321026348
>Monster Hunter
>Keyboard & Mouse
>Can finally control the camera properly
>>
>>321026468

But it started on consoles before the advent of online play and has been almost exclusively handheld since. It hasn't really been given a decent chance to flex its muscle outside of the handheld environment.

>>321026487
>>321026610

Honestly, a current gen game might make me buy a console if no PC port came.
>>
Monster Hunter goes where the Nips are. Just be happy they haven't jumped completely into the mobile market.
>>
>>321026730

This is what frustrates me. The games are mostly handheld because that's what the Japs play. Consoles are more popular in the US but they don't even test the waters. It drives me nuts.
>>
>>321026829
Monster Hunter sells a lot more in Japan than in the States, so that's why.
>>
>>321026829
Japanese developers has always focused on Japan first and US second (if at all). Plus MH sells way more over there than here. That being said Capcom is seeing a market here for MH so that's good. Maybe if they do move over to consoles we will see a PC port.
>>
>>321026960
Because no one in the states likes handhelds
>>
>>321026960

No shit, because people don't use fucking handhelds for multiplayer games outside Japan.
>>
>>321027142
3DS sells relatively well there and in Europe, also MH4 is one of the highest sellers of the MH franchise in the west. About 1 million in shipments if I remember well.
>>
>>321026709
As someone who's played KB+M Monster Hunter.
It's weird.

Now being able to play on any dual stick controller of your choice is nice.
>>
>>321026960

I think MH would sell gangbusters if it got a major console release in the States.
>>
>>321027602
The problem is MH is actually pretty cheap to make because it's on a handheld. If they do move to console they would have to up the cost. And because the Japanese market isn't on console they would have to rely on the west sales which they are not sure of. So they feel enough Japanese players own the console they won't take the chance.
>>
>>321026721
Except it performs x1000 better because its on handheld. If it was on consoles it would sell like shit
>>
>>321027296
People want casual easy games on handheld experience though, just a nice simple game of Pokémon before they go to school/work
>>
>>321028012

>series literally printing money
>"b-buh one of them might not sell 10 million!"
>>
>>321028175

Yeah, fighting a boss for an hour squinting at a 3 inch screen is so fucking comfortable.
>>
>>321028193
>People want casual easy games on handheld experience though, just a nice simple game of Pokémon before they go to school/work

Did you missed the part about MH4 being one of the best performers of the series in the west?

>>321028339
Series print money in Japan, with the exception of the 3DS one and probably the PSP ones they don't sell that well in the west yet.
>>
>>321028175

>If it was on consoles it would sell like shit

That's why the series got canceled after 1 and 2 right?
>>
>>321028443

Big fucking whoop, we have a thing called currency exchange, it's not like they have to get money from a different pile.
>>
>>321026829

they tried with the Wii U version of Ultimate 3rd

fans got mad that it delayed the release of the game in the west, the fact that it had online but the 3DS version didn't, and that it didn't sell nearly as well as the portable version didn't help.
>>
>>321028443

>Did you missed the part about MH4 being one of the best performers of the series in the west?

Considering they don't even fucking bother to release it in the west half the time, it's not exactly an accomplishment.
>>
>>321026468
Yeah, nobody goes on PC to play massively multiplayer online games or engage in social and media related activities.

Fucking retard.
>>
File: 1403217848468.png (3 KB, 203x210) Image search: [Google]
1403217848468.png
3 KB, 203x210
>>321028612

>releasing an online-oriented third party game in the launch window of the slowest Nintendo console of all time
>they tried

Yes, the failure of the Wii U to sell is 100% causation that people hate MH on a console.
>>
>>321028701
handhelds are more popular in terms of meet up. It's easier to do.it's more casual and social then lan parties.
>>
>>321027396
Ur a faggot mate
>>
>>321028746

the only way it is going to be on a console worth a shit is if Nintendo breaks its exclusivity deal.

Which won't happen since Capcom likes money and 3DS is printing it.
>>
>>321029101
Don't bother, it's just PCfags and Consolefags angry that MH is in handhelds and are trying to justify why it should be on consoles and PCs with retarded arguments.
>>
>>321029301
I'm curious how did this "exclusivity deal" myth started? I remember hearing the same shit for 2-3 years without any proof of it's existence.
>>
>>321029293
How can I go on living now that someone has called me a faggot?
>>
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is on the Wii-U.
>>
>Monster Hunter Frontier G is on Windows, 360, Vita, PS3, and Wii U right now
>it's Japan-only
>they're all region-locked
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Hunter:_Frontier_G

Seriously, fuck you Capcom, I can't even pirate the 360 version because of the region locking.
>>
>>321029609
>DDO when released had laxer security on the region locking, only needing a VPN for a brief moment during log in then never again
>Then some brilliant minds thought it would be very smart to run around populated lobbies screaming in English and going right up to GMs demanding for a western release
>Now has the normal strict region locking

We are the BRs.
>>
>>321029605

>3

Yeah, I'll just go play Super Mario Bros. 2 while I'm at it.
>>
File: monkey paw.jpg (78 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
monkey paw.jpg
78 KB, 640x480
Yeah, 2 MMOs

Next time don't make a wish on a Monkey's Paw
>>
>>321029465
I honestly don't know if it's an exclusive deal but I know Capcom and Nintendo has been really close. And Nintendo was the one that published the Nintendo MH games and I'm sure they will be doing that with X.
>>
File: 1388860005121.jpg (37 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1388860005121.jpg
37 KB, 480x640
>>321029796
Wait, are you kidding me? I was going to download DDO once I made my new PC. God fucking damnit.
>>
>>321030006
Yep, I remember some people found a workaround for the always on VPN requirement, but I can't remember the exact details since I personally didn't trust it.

It's not that bad though, even the free VPNs can stay strong for days with no noticeable lag on either game, at least in my experience.

Just something to get used to though if you're going for broke on either one.
>>
>>321026348
It depends entirely on the Japanese market.
If, say, the new Nintendo console will be more popular than 3DS, then Capcom will probably make the next MH for it, because of the bigger install base.
But judging by today's trends, japs are more likely to just go full reta- mobile.
>>
>>321029465
I don't recall it being a "deal". From what I heard somewhere online, there was something related to how Sony wanted Capcom to put Trophies in the third gen game. So when the MH team all unanimously agreed it'd be a pain in the ass, Sony started riding them and saying that the Trophies would be a necessity, or they wouldn't permit them to make the game on their console. So instead of working with Sony exclusively, they instead transferred their stuff over to Nintendo, where it wasn't at all necessary.

The legitimacy of this is also in question, but I find it really funny if it's true, considering there's achievements in-game for 3U.
>>
>>321029465
A shitty article on Zeldainformer that sourced NeoGaf. Basically, salty PSP fans
>>
>>321030212
I'm pretty sure awards were in PSP games as well. So I don't think trophies would be much harder to implement.
It had something to do with online, like Sony didn't want to setup and maintain servers for the gaijin version of the game or something. Plus 3DS came out recently and started gaining popularity very rapidly, so they just jumped onto it.
>>
>>321026348
The 3DS is getting old. Unless Nintendo bribes them to put it on NX MH will soon be on PS4.
>>
>>321030741
MH is probably going mobile next, MHFU IOS was a hit and gen 4 assets are in mobile spin-offs already. We'll find out in 2 months when MH5 is announced at fiesta
>>
>>321030492
I've heard the online thing too but before the 3DS. This was back in Wii days. They were planning on making it for PS3 but Sony didn't want to do the serves while Nintendo agreed to set up the serves here. And so Capcom has been on Nintendo side ever since.
>>
Monster Hunter is shit.
>>
>>321026468
It doesn't, that's pure post-acceptance rationalization.
It's just Japan's being retarded and liking handhelds as usual.
>>
>>321029959
I fail to see the logic.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.