[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After all the Star Wars hype and commercials and new movie being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 18
File: SECRETFILE.png (791 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
SECRETFILE.png
791 KB, 1024x576
After all the Star Wars hype and commercials and new movie being beat into my skull I remembered this game.
I played for a while at launch but quit after 3 months or so.
I'm tempted to resub for a month or 2 just to get the Star Wars fix if the game has gotten better.

I know it has gone FTP now, but has the game actually improved at all?
I heard they finally released actual space content. Does it suck?
>>
File: silly.jpg (78 KB, 1102x565) Image search: [Google]
silly.jpg
78 KB, 1102x565
>>321025801
>I'm tempted to resub for a month or 2 just to get the Star Wars fix if the game has gotten better.
>>
>>321025801
>be me
>reinstall
>log in smuggler
>bizarre red icon above portrait
>need special "license" to equip have my gear now
>either sub for $15 per month or buy it outright for $12
>uninstall
>>
Galactic Starfighter is pretty solid. It actually requires a bit of skill so a large portion of the playerbase ignores it entirely.

The main draw of the game is the story and galactic starfighter. They've even changed leveling so that you level entirely through class and planet story quests. All the "help me find my spacedog" quests have been tossed out.
>>
>>321026341
Meant half, not have. But yeah this shit still sucks. It's just one retarded design choice after another, specifically the excessively restrictive weapon setup. There's no reason to restricted centrism Jedi class/spec to a certain lightsaber, or why blaster based classes don't have a wider variety to choose from, bounty hunters should have more than either one pistol or two. There's a reason BioWares founded retired immediately after launch.
>>
>>321026665
Christ, I can't post from my phone.
>>
>>321026341
Or you could, you know, buy the license off the auction house with ingame money instead of kneejerking
>>
>>321026803
Or, you know, they could not include such an assinine concept. But whatever.
>>
>>321025801
>>321003106

Fuck off shill. Quit spamming your failed game
>>
File: re.jpg (28 KB, 680x583) Image search: [Google]
re.jpg
28 KB, 680x583
>>321025801

What really fucking bothers me is that the knights of the fallen empire story was actually pretty cool and fucking interesting but it will be forever trapped inside a fucking bullshit MMO that NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN
>>
>>321027765
So I see I can get the "deluxe package" of KOTFE for 20 dollars... now I have no interest ever paying a monthly fee. How hard will I get fucked getting this 20 dollar package that includes all the expansions and not giving them 15 dicks a month?
>>
>>321028079
If you aren't interested in doing anything other than the story then there is no reason to sub whatsoever.

Especially since the only other worthwhile thing is galactic starfighter
>>
>>321028079

To be honest their model isn't really as jewish as you think. I'm guessing that they've got a decent player base and have figured out the best way to do it because even f2p is not horrible.

The game just isn't that good though. I would suggest getting the KOTFE package though because the whole expansion is single player orientated and the story really is pretty cool plus you can just skip to level 60 for it, but I don't think there's much else worth playing.

i guess if you end up liking it the Jedi Knight vanilla story isn't bad.
>>
>>321028316
>If you aren't interested in doing anything other than the story
I ain't, but isn't some of the story done through group dungeons? Or can I solo that shit too?
>>
>>321028538
All the story heavy group dungeons now have solo versions
>>
>>321028638
And I see there's a "Chapter 10" coming out. That shit is included in my purchase, yes?
>>
>>321025801
/v/ hates the game on principal because of EBIN TORTANIC MEME, but the game is fun, the stories are engaging, characters are interesting. It's better than TFA at the very least. As an MMO it's a better WoW and probably the best MMO available right now.

You also level insanely quick. I could easily hit max level in 12 hours if I just ground flashpoints.

Peformance wise the game is trash, though.
>>
>>321026902
Then don't play F2P games. That's how they work. Sub instead.
>>
>>321029328
All I know is that I just downloaded it, started an Imperial Agent, rolled into cover and proceeded to slide around on one knee for the next 10 minutes.
>>
>>321029885
The game is buggy as shit, it is not improvable, that shit is just the side effect of a jank as fuck engine. Game generally runs like ass as well.

Agents storyline is good. I enjoy most of the storylines, to be honest.
>>
>>321026341
>be me
fuck off cunt
>>
File: 1448300586494.png (139 KB, 277x251) Image search: [Google]
1448300586494.png
139 KB, 277x251
>Years after release
>Still can't sit in chairs
>Family Tree still does nothing
>Space combat is still garbage
>>
>>321025801
>itch
>fix

Do you think people aren't going to catch on?
>>
just gave EA my money. I hope I didn't just get swindled by covert shilling.
>>
>>321029328
>but the game is fun

Really? How is the gameplay? All I hear praise for is the story.
>>
File: 1448592289359.png (13 KB, 386x212) Image search: [Google]
1448592289359.png
13 KB, 386x212
>>321029328
>characters are interesting
>>
>tfw want to finish the stories
>tfw can only handle the slog with a friend or two playing

>tfw it is amoral to ask a friend to start playing this
>>
File: 1448429261255.jpg (14 KB, 227x294) Image search: [Google]
1448429261255.jpg
14 KB, 227x294
>>321030812
>someone actually fell for the OP
>>
>>321030862
It's extremely standard MMO fare.
>>
>>321030670
>>Family Tree still does nothing
It does stuff, pay more attention.
>>
>>321030957
The Empire side does have some good characters like Darth Baras.
>>
>>321031163
It doesn't do anything, retard.
>>
>>321030957
Yes, the characters are interesting, ten times more than Kreia or Rey the mary sue.

>>321031203
>Calls others retarded
>doesn't even know what he's talking about
Legacy level unlocks various things. You have no clue what you are talking about
>>
File: 1449197159291.jpg (45 KB, 352x395) Image search: [Google]
1449197159291.jpg
45 KB, 352x395
>>321031263
Wasn't talking about the legacy system retard, I was talking about the family tree. Its why I said "Family tree".
>>
>>321031398
So, something that does not exist, furfag?
>>
File: 1417836796800.gif (855 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1417836796800.gif
855 KB, 500x281
>>321031453
Oh so you're just baiting, okay then.
>>
>>321031549
>can't respond
>le bait maymay
And you lose, good job though furriend.

Please try hating the game for valid reasons like shit combat and terrible engine rather than bitching about nothing.
>>
>>321030670
>>Still can't sit in chairs
Are you retarded? Walk on top of a fucking chair and type /sit
>>
>>321031263
He was talking about the family tree system in the legacy page. Its has been there for years and does nothing, moron.
>>
where the fuck do I cancel my subscription so I'm not charged when the gametime runs out? I followed the instructions and nowhere do I see "Cancel Subscription" like it promised!
>>
>>321029408
You quad-nigger. Name another game willing to pull off this level of jew?
>>
Been casually playing it for a month or so now. Honestly it's one of the most immersive and enjoyable experiences I've had in a game in a very long time.

I'm only around level 50 right now, but can say the questing and story is absolutely amazing and very fun. With that said the game is also terrible in other regards. Like people have said, the engine manages to somehow be worse than WoW's while being well over a decade more recent I believe. The gameplay is just tab target hotkey based combat, so a carbon copy of warcraft, and it even has the same trinity class system. I haven't stepped foot into any group content or raids yet but I fully expect them to be terrible.

But if I think if instead of playing this game expecting an MMO, you go in expecting a bioware singleplayer game, you'll have a lot of fun. I haven't even finished a single story line yet and have played for many many hours. And each class gets their own story quests all the way up to the max levels. So that's what? 8 story lines in a single game?

I plan to play every single class and do all of their stories.

All in all this game feels like one MASSIVE missed opportunity by being made on a god awful dated piece of garbage engine and copying an even more dated combat and gameplay design from WoW. Doesn't look like we'll be getting a decent story driven star wars game for a long time now.
>>
File: 1423750832406.jpg (64 KB, 720x602) Image search: [Google]
1423750832406.jpg
64 KB, 720x602
What bugs me the most is that you practically can't play with friends now. At release it was a fucking blast, the difficulty was fine adjusted, you needed to show some stuff of your bag of tricks.
Now it really just send in your companion, have them rape everything and run from one story point to another. I mean, yeah the story is good, and you can somewhat play with your friends, but it's more like you watch them do their story, then they watch yours, repeat.

Also while KOTFE is a comepletely solid single player experience, I can't fathom how you could only focus on single player experience in a whole addon for a MMO. They just completely ignored the whole multiplayer point in a MMO, and it's only forgiveable, because yes the story is that good.

I will still be subbed, because despite what /v/ or anyone says, the game really is fun and atmospheric.
>>
>>321025801
If you absolutely have nothing better to play, then it's worth it to sub and go through the Imperial Agent and Grey/Light Sith Warrior storylines.

The general game has gotten better than absolute shit since launch, but it's still not a very good game.
>>
File: 1409404540492.jpg (5 KB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
1409404540492.jpg
5 KB, 250x187
>>321032038

scroll down
>>
>>321032264
>why is the f2p mmo trying to make money?
>why isn't it totally free?
>>
I played with the new expansion. Enjoyed the story on my Jedi Knight.

Then the story ended and I got bored. Because the story only really applies to the Jedi Knight and maybe the Sith Warrior and everyone else doesn't really fit the story they're trying to tell.

The MMO experience is shit. Raiding is dead and Bioware Austin has decided to actually put it in the grave instead of promising to revive it. And overall, it's the worst engine I've ever had the misfortune of playing on. It makes Bethesda's engines look good.

And no chat bubbles in 2015, what a joke.
>>
>>321032476
it's not enough that I've given them 20 dollars, they want money I don't have too
>>
>>321032491
I'm ok with a game trying to make money. But come the fuck on. Is there any f2p game that fucks over free players worst than SWTOR?

>There is people right now that think selling skill bars is ok
The fucking Asians are not that cheap
>>
>>321032354
No, each class gets their own story quests to level 50. After that, it's the same story for everyone, with a few references to past deeds as aside dialogues as you continue on.

I hear the new Expa is good, but honestly the only reason I login is to ERP hot twi'lek sluts. Yes I am a degenerate.

The game has definitely gotten better since launch, but I would never call it immersive, not even now. The voice-acting, while mostly decent, suffers from the constant bioware-stuttering that happens between every few lines completely dragging me out of it, and the really, really shitty animations hurt, too. I also dislike that in an RPG my character is pre-written, but that's a BW staple by now.

Agent is the best story in the game, because it keeps fucking with you and just doesn't stop. I really did enjoy that.

>That Act 3 reveal of who your pseudo-nemesis really is.
My dick.

Also, the fucking mirror-classes make no sense for the non-forcers.
Trooper->Bounty Hunter
Smuggler->Agent

It should've been:
Trooper->Agent
Smuggler->Bounty Hunter

That way you could have sweet Sith Trooper moments and space-Vietnam, given that the Imperial writers are way more willing to take risks than the Republic writers.
>>
>>321032264
Name another f2p game that doesn't where you are supposed to progress.
>>
>>321032681
You're fucked, sorry
>>
>>321032828
>I also dislike that in an RPG my character is pre-writte

Man, even WoW started really going hardcore with that shit now.

Vanilla to Mists, we're adventurers, minor heroes for our factions. Important but not the end all, be all. Then in WoD you're the greatest champion ever, and in Legion you'll be the greatest greatest champion ever.

I oddly miss random "go here, help our town out by killing boars" quests.
>>
>>321032828
> but honestly the only reason I login is to ERP hot twi'lek sluts.

I'm playing on Harbinger I think right now for my first character. Is it worth it to make my next one on an RP realm? I don't really care about ERP. Just thinking about trying to have interesting interactions with a character I feel attached to. Or is it worth it to play on more populated PvE oriented servers to try and do actual end-game content? Or can I just do the end-game content on a RP realm as well?

I'll probably just ask about this in the /vg/ general as well but it's a little dead.
>>
>>321032848
Star Trek Online
Lord of the Rings Online (They are pretty bad but still barely comes out cleaner than Jew Wars)
Neverwinter (shitty as fuck cash shop but nothing really broken for sale)
Guild Wars 2 is pure fucking shit but at least it does hamstring the fuck out of you if you don't pay

Ball is back in your hands you shilling mega nigger
>>
>>321033208
>Guild Wars 2
You don't progress in the game really, the whole game is about NOT progressing and just doing the story content when it comes out.
>Lord of the Rings Online
You have to BUY the expansions or grind the fuck out of everything to be able to afford them with turbine points.
>Star Trek Online
You have to be a subscriber to able to use the best ships.

Don't know about Neverwinter the game was so bad I stopped playing it after an hour
>>
>>321033096
I played through 'till the pseudo-expa before the expa, and end-game PvE is pretty shit. Everything is basically "Tank and Spank" with the occasional "Tank and avoid the insta-AOE and Spank." They had some interesting phases, but really it was standard MMO schlock. I wouldn't recommend playing the game for the PVE, but if that's what you really enjoy, it -is- serviceable. On higher difficulties additional mechanics are added that many say keep the fights fresh, but I don't feel like it makes a huge difference.

As for RP, you absolutely have to roll an imperial character. This will expose you to both the worst and best parts of SWTOR RP. It will be much easier for you to find people to RP with on the Fleet (basically each faction's hub is their faction's Fleet rallying point) in your standard bar/tavern-crawl style of finding RP. SWTOR is an extremely insular game when it comes to RP, given the themepark nature of it, so it is also essential to research guilds that cater to your interests. I think swtor-rp.com is still a hub for RP guilds, but I could be wrong, it's been a long time since I bothered with normal RP and not ez-pz stress-relief shit.

Oh yeah, and the RP has gone straight and fucking massively downhill, by the way. At first it was great, rivalling SWG easily, but now the vast majority of the good players/writers have left, and while you can still find a few gems, it's honestly pretty shitty, and the nature of the game means its harder to find interesting shit and especially interesting settings to RP in than in even WOW, which has more content that is more open.

All my experiences are colored by my time in an RP server, by the way. I very much enjoyed the PVP I did, but I got bored of the constant gear-grind, as the mechanics remained very similar throughout.

I hope this helps.
>>
File: question marks.png (28 KB, 499x322) Image search: [Google]
question marks.png
28 KB, 499x322
>>321032579
>And no chat bubbles in 2015, what a joke.

how?
>>
>>321033452
>LoTRO
The main storyline playable without the expansions
>GW2
Playing thought the storyline, gaining leveling, and skill points is all not progressing?
>STO
There is only one ship subbing players can get and it is nowhere near the best. Everything else is the cash shop, lockbox, or freely given away. And you get cash shop money without paying.

So lets get back to SWTOR or are you going to keep being a bitch ass hyper nigger
>>
>>321033452
>Don't know about Neverwinter the game was so bad I stopped playing it after an hour

Neverwinter was really fun during the launch of the game because of how gimmicky it was. The entire end-game was essentially running ridiculous class setups to cheese the entire thing. And stupid as that sounds it was really fucking fun. You would run two clerics and stack heals making your group virtually unkillable. As well as using knockback abilities to just push mobs off the edge of the maps and instantly kill them. Clerics could do this but Wizards were much better at it.

Eventually they added invisible walls everywhere and the game got boring.

>>321033508
My ultimate question is if I can get PvE content done while playing on a RP realm to get the best of both worlds if I want to do both. But I figure that's a question for people who are currently playing extensively.
>>
>>321033876
>My ultimate question is if I can get PvE content done while playing on a RP realm to get the best of both worlds if I want to do both. But I figure that's a question for people who are currently playing extensively.

You definitely can. Many of the RP guilds are mixed RP/PVE guilds. This is because RP is such a pain in the dick to do in TOR that people PVE to pass time until the next RP event. At least it is if you want my cynical opinion of it. I ran a Trooper-oriented guild for 2 years and never had to bother with it because I just kept running RP events, which caused me to burn out and say "fuck it."

Multiple guilds are mixed PVE/RP with scheduled raids and scheduled RP events. Bare in mind however, that these people are also usually casuals of the highest order, and also tend to be shit writers. But like I said, there's gems to be found.
>>
>>321033869
>The main storyline playable without the expansions
Well each Old Republic class has it's own story and it's free so basically it has more content than Lotro right?

What's your point with this, of course they will give that content away for free because leveling all the way to max level has to be free so that you can then buy the end game content.

>GW2
>Playing thought the storyline, gaining leveling, and skill points is all not progressing?
Yes but then it stops when you get to lvl 80. The game was made so that there is no "artificial gear treadmill" so that it'll be different from other mmos. Then they added some sort of a gear treadmill but it serves no purpose because you don't do anything with that good gear.
>>
SWTOR is literally space WoW with a KOTOR skin, except with even more instancing, even less communicating with other people, and far shittier end game.

WoW is clearly shit, but SWTOR is even shittier shit.

Avoid at all costs unless you are an absolute faggot, in which case go ahead and play it.

If you want a star wars fix, i'd suggest looking into one of the swgemu servers, replaying kotor, or getting dark forces cheap.

Yoda stories is funner than SWTOR.

It's almost 2016 and this fucking garbage is the best we can do for a current star wars mmo, and that is pathetic and depressing. Look to 2023 for a new hope because there is no way in hell that EA will shit out anything decent (much less a decent mmo) while they have the license.

The end. I hope you enjoy your worthless thread.
>>
>>321032491
DO YOU THINK ITS CHEAP TO BRING PEOPLE TO A SHIPWRECK?
>>
>>321034269
>SWGEmu

How is that these days? I loved it when I got to play it, but the lack of population really killed my boner for it. I'm also an autistic RPer - is there a decent community there yet?
>>
>>321034086
>Bare in mind however, that these people are also usually casuals of the highest order, and also tend to be shit writers.

I don't really mind dealing with casuals in PvE content. And in terms of being a good writer/role player I don't think I'd be very good at it either. I just like to play on RP servers because the people there tend to be less likely to be the typical angry sociopath that you run into in online games a lot. Also there are a lot of autistic people that are fun to laugh at. And public role-play events are cool as well. I've played on RP servers in various games for a few years now and still haven't ever RPed.

It's unfortunate that I rolled my character on this PvE realm if I end up making my new characters on an RP one. It's nice to have everything on the same realm.
>>
>>321034460

In that case go for it, man. RP servers tend to attract all sorts of people - I've met a lot of guys that were from PvP servers that came just to see why people even joined RP servers. A lot stuck around to shit on RPers in PvP and such. If you just want or are satisfied with a casual TOR experience the RP servers are definitely the place to go. That said, isn't Harbinger the RP realm for the Euros? I can't remember.
>>
>>321034269
It might not have the polish wow, but it has better pve.

You pull one too many elites and you're boned, and the very occasional fight forces you to buff and use your cooldowns and potions.

In wow these days it's almost impossible to die from anything within 5 levels in pve. There is nothing resembling a game to it anymore.
>>
>>321025801
Just play Jedi outcast/kotor 2.
>>
>>321034454
It's doing well but very slow development (that's always the big thing).
It gets more complicated because there is the original swgemu, and now several other servers as well (I think 8? in total) with various tweaks/additions - some really good, some not really good. And then of course you get into gay drama between devs, or devs helping their buddies (similar to a bad mudop in an old mud), etc.
Either way, the big one that all of the others are branched off of, "Swgemu", is by far the most populated and the community is decent and has roleplayers (tho your own experience can of course vary). My biggest gripes with the main emu is that since there aren't many restrictions on accounts or player characters, you can essentially be entirely self-sufficient - which sort of defeats the initial concept of "living in the star wars world and being interconnected with everyone else by game design" and borks the economy as well (tho it does mean the bazaar is well-stocked).
>>
>>321034671
>That said, isn't Harbinger the RP realm for the Euros? I can't remember.

It's the most populated North American server, and it's PvE. I'll look into rolling the RP realm as soon as I finish this class story, I think I'm just about at the end. Just hope it isn't completely dead.
>>
Are there any classes where your story choices don't matter? I would like to probably avoid those unless the writing is so fucking tops for a Star Wars story that the lack of choice is inconsequential. .
>>
>>321035032
It's bad times right now for population, but I'm on Ebon Hawk, and by around 6 PM EST it's fairly populated in the hub-areas.
>>
>>321035057
All of them.

The only classes that have any choices and illusion of branching are the Imperial Agent, and the Warrior if you choose light side or grey choices.

Dark side Sith Warrior is straight and bland as it gets though, next to Jedi Knight.
>>
>>321034204
Are you really using the "endgame is the only thing that matters" defense?

Honest truth. I want to like SWTOR but never in my history of playing MMOs has every step I took in a game felt so weighted down by the fact I was not giving the devs money.

The smugger's story was good (based off what little I played), more MMOs need a "kick a guy in the dick" button, and jumping from cover was pretty cool.

You know what really finally broke up and made me so fucking bitter about this. A hat. A fucking ugly ass hat that I would need to pay to hide. I have never seen that before in any MMO, paying real money to cover up a hat. Not how little money you can hold, not how fucking cripped the crafting system is, not even the fact that I would need to pay to give my clownsuit matching colors, hiding a fucking hat

I have never seen a MMO as cheap as SWTOR. Either sell power, sell space barbie, or sell stories. SWTOR tries to fucking do it all
>>
>>321034794
>but this one aspect of swtor isn't as shitty
You're probably right. Both things are still ridiculously shitty.
>>
>>321034975
Drama etc are all relatively normal. The community was the best part of SWG though. Does it still foster one, or does that self-sufficiency defeat the purpose too much?
>>
>>321034204
>The game was made so that there is no "artificial gear treadmill" so that it'll be different from other mmos. Then they added some sort of a gear treadmill but it serves no purpose because you don't do anything with that good gear.
They did it because that is how it worked in GW1.
The difference was that GW1 was not a shit game, so people genuinely had fun grinding the cosmetic treadmill. Showing off the rewards for your achievements to other players because it actually felt like an achievement.
>>
>>321035562
Yep, even with my bitching it definitely has that. I can't speak to the other servers since I haven't fucked around on them yet, but I've heard decent things about a few of them. The main swgemu for sure has tons playing and the community is the biggest draw for everyone. Make a smuggler/pistoleer, drink bespin port with bros at your comfy house in your imp town, and then go eyeshot rebel scum in their stupid assfuck faces.
>>
>>321036170
Glorious. I will rifleman just to make people mad, and go full Stormtrooper. I'll need to reinstall it.
>>
>>321036170
>tfw just started playing swgemu
>guild died
>and seeing all these PC guild pop up

help
>>
>>321036308
haha, you dick.
go rifleman/combat medic for max anger (at least I think that was the template, I could be off).
>>
>>321036659
What do you mean "pc guild"?
I'm not currently playing so I can't be much help, sorry dude. Busy life, hate myself, etc.
>>
>>321036659
>PC guild
what?

>>321036825
I think it was, I can't remember it's been so long. In any case, time to break out that template planner again.

Also can you make multiple characters? I did love Smuggler so I'd like to do that again too if I could. Maybe make an everyman character.
>>
>>321029328
Yes of course. This f2p wow clone whose selling point is modern bioware writing totally isn't garbage. /v/ just le hates everything xD
>>
>>321037012
Yep, you can make quite a few. i forget how many but it will be on their page of info. Also has a template planner built into the launcher.
I remember taking smuggler at the very least for slicing mission terminals.
>>
>>321031263
I don't understand why people call Rey a mary sue, she does nothing for the first two thirds of the movie, besides flying the ship, she even gets kidnapped
>>
>>321025801
Old content is just as stale, but more streamlined now. Just need to do the class and planet quests, no more need to side quest. Companions are what you want them to be tank/heals/dps and no longer need equipped, the stats level with you.
The new expat is well written and kept me playing til the current end point without getting bored, however end-game is your usual grind fest, grinding supply boxes for quests or for alliance base rep.
As for starfighter, I've had a few matches but I just can't get used to the controls after playing the rail shooter for so long.
I'd def say get the month, it'll give you the fix you want but it'll prob get boring end-game unless you have a good social/active guild
>>
>>321036973
>>321037012
"politically correct guild"

WaW i think
War against Wrong or somthing
>>
>>321037651
That must be a joke
>>
>>321025801
This game was so bad that the creators of its development studio quit their jobs out of shame.
>>
>swtor thread
>poorfags start to complain and whine because they cant afford 15$ a month

everytime
>>
>>321041290
>Game bombed so hard that devs lost their jobs and it went f2p
>Thinking people want to pay for a shit game

The fucking Asians, the people that everyone shits for making grindy as fuck games with p2w is better than SWTOR. Nexon, mother fucking Nexon doing not treat players worst than Bioware.
>>
>>321041958

>poorfags making excuses

I bet you also dont buy Intel CPUs because they are the big bad jews.

Anyway, we are still at the fact that you cant afford 15$ a month and can only complain.
>>
>>321042138
You're hunting for (you)s or you are a shill
A smart anon would close this threat and go to sleep

You fucking giga-nigger. If it is a shitty product charging for it does not make it better.
>>
>>321042456

No, but i see you get mad about the truth.
Maybe get a job, a well paying one.

You see, you want to play the game, the full game, not the restricted F2P one, but you cant afford it because you are a poorfag.
And it makes you rage and i make you even more mad because i point it out to you.

Now you see, i think both WoW and FFXIV is shit, yet i dont complain or whine about them like you do about SWTOR.
Because i dont want to play them.

You want to play SWTOR and you insanely upset, that you cant play a 300$ million game for totally free.
Because you cant afford 15$ a month.
Which is literally a menu in mcdonalds for fucks sake.
>>
>>321037445
New expansion also completely dropped all pretense game was a MMORPG, though. Which is good I guess because that's what the majority of players what and that's simply story, but as far as MMORPG expansions go KotFE is pathetic whne you consider both FF14 and GW2 both got damn good expansions in 2015.
>>
File: 1449861203079.jpg (7 KB, 199x242) Image search: [Google]
1449861203079.jpg
7 KB, 199x242
>everyone espouses their undying love for the imperial agent storyline
>it's nothing but you getting cucked out of any decision making by your squad, superior officers and sith
>>
500 MILLION DOLLARS

M
I
L
L
I
O
N

D
O
L
L
A
R
S
>>
>>321042646
But here is the big truth tho. WoW and FFXIV are good enough to sub for. SWTOR is not. I'm not even mad about it any more. Friends play it and I don't call them on it.

But guess what. I will agree with you. As a sub based MMO is a pretty 6/10. If you like Star Wars or Bioware's writing even higher.

But as a F2P game it is the biggest piece of shit around. LoL don't fuck players over as hard.

Can we agree on these two points?
>>
File: mYRmP.jpg (437 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mYRmP.jpg
437 KB, 1920x1080
>>321025801
I really liked to pvp in this game and I had like 10k kills.
Then they threw out the pvp currency and replaced it with another that gave you 1/3rd the amount of stuff. I went from being able to afford the entire pvp set within a week to being able to get boots and the chest.
Then pvp wasnt about skill at all and who won and lost was decided entirely by gear.
Everyone in this game was so fucking awful, id usually just pvp naked so it was somewhat of a challenge.
I also added people to my party and threw them off the building to their death on the imperial fleet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT3wXaobzMo

These might be a little dated but here's a guide on all the bosses and stuff up to The Writhing Horror if that helps you op
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQxASd77eZNVHPBO9GwowoGmVwqLWgMc4

>>321035032
I used to play on harbinger.
It wasnt roleplay as far as I know. It used to hit max pop but that was back when there was like 60 servers.
>>
>>321043153
>But as a F2P game

Its a subscription based MMORPG with F2P option.

You can choose to get fucked and restricted the shit out or not.
Thats up to the customer to have a shit experience or not.

>WoW and FFXIV are good enough to sub for

No.
Especially not FFXIV that couldnt even keep me in the game for 1 hour it was so shit.
>>
>>321043336
The market says the two are better. That's just simple facts.

>Its a subscription based MMORPG with F2P option.

I can link at least five sites that say it's a F2P game that you can sub for. It failed as a sub game. So I judge it as a F2P game
>>
>>321043657
>The market says the two are better. That's just simple facts.

So we can agree that Call of Duty is the best game ever.

Cool.

Battlefront is also better than any Battlefield game since more people play Battlefront.

We covered that too.
Awesome.

>So I judge it as a F2P game

Well im gonna judge FFXIV as a F2P and its not even a 1/10 game.
Its probably the forst F2P ever.
>>
>>321025801
>I know it has gone FTP now, but has the game actually improved at all?

Thing that have improved:
>Leveling is faster
>Can change companion roles
>Mount skills earlier and free mount from first flashpoint
>Shorter cooldown on recall
>Solo flashpoints are a thing
>Some key abilities have been pushed to lower levels
>Flashpoints drop loot for each individual while still offering some better gear to roll on ocassionally

Things that were simple changed for better or for worse:
>Stat crunch
>Tactical Flashpoints

Bad changes:
>Operations are pretty pointless now, especially nightmare content
>Balancing is worse after streamlining talents, abilities, and damage crunching.
>Clipping is worse than ever

Things that will never change:
>Engine is still shit
>F2P is still harsh and despite things around it changing (350k credit cap is more restrictive than it was a year ago)
>They will keep reselling assets while offering minimal support
>>
>>321043942
>free mount from first flashpoint

Whoa, what?
>>
In my opinion swtor is pretty damn good now. Currently waiting for the next KOTFE chapters though. I've also made a blind qt waifu jedi consular I'm playing right now. Honestly, if you are a star wars fan now is really the time to check out the game for the class stories. And if you have never played before you can just buy a cdkey for 3 bucks or so, and get 30 days of sub and all expansions to this point released. They throw XP and gear modification crystals at you so that isn't a problem either. However I guess you need to like star wars to enjoy swtor the most. The new expansion was really fucking good.
>>
>>321044631
Yeah all Flashpoints are more easily soloable now so you can get that sweet gear. Companions gear is also only cosmetic. Rather their damage skill is decided by their affection.
>>
>5-10 second "loading screen" that's totally not a blatant advertisement every time I alt-tab
>Bioware animations
>Bioware voiceacting
>Bioware story telling
>Everything that isn't the main story is behind a paywall
Dropped it before I hit level 20.
>>
>>321043858
Are you really going to do this? Come on now. I was willing to agree with you. If you're willing to pay SWTOR could be a worthwhile way to spend a few weeks.

Look at it like boxing.

>SWTOR in the F2P weightclass
>Sickly cripped down right half dead looking thing
It's getting its face turned into ground beef as it should. For the same money it takes to make the game buying stuff off the cash shop to make SWTOR fun you could get farther in any other f2p game

>SWTOR in the Subscription weightclass
>It has hit the gym, got nice and swole as fuck, got a doctor making sure it's eating right and all that good stuff that makes a great fighter
It is still not champion but it can fight here, it can dish out blows that hurt. It's a proper game here. In time I can see WoW really slipping up and giving SWTOR a real chance to become the champion

Can we agree on that?
>>
>>321044996
>woah i can't play everything for free
Other than that I agree in animations (though improved in KOTFE)
But when you dropped the game so fast you aren't exactly trying it out either. Game is different now than what it once was.
>>
>>321045116
Not him. Sure F2P isn't good. But holy Shit if you are enjoying the game you should also sub for at least one month. If you aren't enjoying the game then it's not worth the money nor the complaining. It's quite a moot point rendered inert by subbing anyway.
>>
>>321045130
>Game is different now than what it once was.
I tried it out four days ago, anon. Last time before that was in the god awful beta and it sure hadn't changed a lot since that other than the maximum jewing.
>>
File: 1443321070349.jpg (11 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1443321070349.jpg
11 KB, 320x240
>Can't stop accidentally getting light-side points in KoTOR2
>>
>>321045276
Well if you didn't enjoy the game that's fine. However I think it's stupid to complain about the f2p model not including everything. F2p mode Is meant as a way for a person to find out if this game is something he want to get into more seriously. And still you have not tried the game out properly even. Just admit that the game is not your cup of tea and move on.
>>
>>321025801
I started playing it a month ago, currently leveling a Bounty hunter mercenary at lvl 40, the game is pretty fun however I wish another company did the game with a different engine.
Hopefully in the future we get a better star wars MMORPG and not one that does the old republic.
>>
>>321030670
>can't sit on chairs
you can sit in the chairs in your ship
>>
>>321045260
Again, judging it as a F2P game. Asking me to put down on what looks to me to be the worst F2P system this side of the pond seem wrong somehow. If the game was fun up to a point before the jew came out to bite then sure. I would be more willing to pay and while the restricted everything is pretty bad one of the worst parts is the ads.

>>321045647
>F2p mode Is meant as a way for a person to find out if this game is something he want to get into more seriously
>And still you have not tried the game out properly even

So you're saying the f2p system is an awful way to get people into the game. I agree 100%
>>
>>321045647
>However I think it's stupid to complain about the f2p model not including everything.
The SWTOR F2P model has too many restrictions, so they won't be getting jackshit from me.
>>
>There are people here not playing as Star Wars 007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3GT6gxr73w
>>
>>321045816
I'm saying that judging the game completely before even hitting lvl 20 on one character out of 100 + hours of content is stupid. And by the looks of it you have never subbed before, so why not spend like 3 bucks on a cd key and properly try it out? I hate the f2p model myself, but since I love star wars and I'm enjoying the game I figured the money was worth it to properly enjoy it.
>>
>>321046194
It has been a while. What level are you around the second planet? I know I picked my secondary class by then and it felt like I was reaching the end of that part of the story.

I generally don't like subbing for things. I'm not a poorfag, I'm cheap. If I sub for it I kind of feel like I must play it or I'm blowing money down the toilet.
>>
>>321046838
Second planet? Between 11-14.
>>
>>321047532
Not level 20 but close enough I think

For most f2p games put carrots in the cash shop and that is generally enough. SWTOR beat you with the stick in order to drive to the cash shop.

I like Star Wars but I don't like it so much I'm willing to put up with that stick.
>>
the level 1-10 stories are alright then it mostly turns into generic trash and the F2P model is the stupidest most obnoxious shit you will ever see.

it has a lot of really dumb broken shit, like even the tutorial tells you outdated wrong information, and whilst it shoves a lot of stupid simple information in your face, the game never really tells you how your class works, you have to go check your passives every level and stuff yourself to figure out whats happening. now its not exactly complex but at least comparing to the ability-pruned WoW, swtor can now say it has loadsa buttons.

you have to put up with star wars lore and light/dark morality which will make your head spin at how absolutely fucking moronic it is. imagine an autistic child wrote your setting and you get star wars.
>>
>>321032681
https://account.swtor.com/user/subscription/cancel
Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.