[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>No world map >Certain minigames cut >Censorship Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: 0146_thumb.jpg (27 KB, 554x313) Image search: [Google]
0146_thumb.jpg
27 KB, 554x313
>No world map
>Certain minigames cut
>Censorship

Why are we excited for this again?
>>
>>321019394
for the shitstorm it inevitably causes
>>
>we

Who's this "we" you speak of? I didn't even like the original, and now I even dislike smash Brothers now because Cloud is infecting it by being a poorly balanced character.
>>
because the people who frequent this board are gullible, socially handicapped, and naive
>>
>>321019394
Because I am an adult that doesn't get bent out of shape because something isn't what I was hoping for in a game.
>>
>>321019394
where is the source for no world map?
>>
>>321019394
You're just memeing and didn't even read the article.
>>
>No World Map

They never said that, kill yourself.

>Certain minigames cut

they never said that, kill yourself.

>Censorship

they are letting you date dudes and crossdress, kill yourself
>>
>>321019523
wow anon
you are so original and true to yourself
thank you for voicing this
I'm sure everybody here wishes they could be just like you
>>
File: fuck you.gif (3 MB, 242x300) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.gif
3 MB, 242x300
>kingdom hearts combat
>episodic releases

Fuck this shit.
>>
>>321019394
>we
Only Kingdom Hearts fans care about this shit. Any fan of the original new a remake would be gutted garbage retconned to suit Advent Children.
>>
>>321019394
ITS JUST A ALPHA BRO
>>
>>321019712

Well, *chuckles* it's the least I could do to better this board with well thought out posts.
>>
He said he doesn't care about the idea of open world sandbox stuff, which would be XV, so its more likely we get an old school overworld.
>>
>>321019917
keep up the good work
>>
this makes me sad.
>>
>>321019943
>episodic
>world map
pick one
>>
>>321020606
Both. Just because its not the norm doesn't mean you can't do one. All the episodic games out are all TellTale story shit.
>>
>>321020606
>World map in original
>it was literally episodic (discs one, two, three)

Nigger what?
>>
File: 1268324011695.gif (5 KB, 476x485) Image search: [Google]
1268324011695.gif
5 KB, 476x485
>>321020748
>it was literally episodic (discs one, two, three)
>>
>>321019769
I don't even understand why the episodic thing is such a big deal. As long as it costs the same or not much more than a typical game, there's no problem
>>
Im okay with arm wrestling, Moogle, and tock paper scissors boxing being cut.

Roller Coaster, arena, bike, submarine, snowboarding, chocobo racing, and basketball must stay
>>
File: 1425947426387.jpg (37 KB, 379x503) Image search: [Google]
1425947426387.jpg
37 KB, 379x503
Why are you people bitching about the whole episodic thing? They literally said it would be too fucking huge to fit on a disk if they tried to do the entire game in one go.

I don't get it. It's like when people complain about downgrades. Obviously a dev would want their game looking as good as possible, its only negative press if they downgrade, so obviously if they downgrade because they fucking had too, I assume its no different with having to release the game in multiple parts.

Think about it, they're only getting shit for this and they probably knew they would, so why the fuck would they do it unless they had to?
>>
>>321020806
How in the fuck is it any different? I'm asking a serious question here. They never provided any explicit details as to the differences in each episode, they just said it would be episodic... Which can be as simple as say, the equivalent of disc 2 or 3. There's still plenty possibility for a world map and dodging my points isn't helping your own autism.
>>
>>321021168
>fitting entire games on one disk
>2015

There's the problem. Because it's a bullshit excuse for console cucks to get controlled by the game devs and console devs. The PC version of both Fallout 4 and Doom3BFGe all come with discs that do nothing but hold sentimental value, and install the first couple gigs slightly quicker while you download the rest of your full game for the same price. Tired of this shit excuse
>>
just put censorship in the op you'll get infinite replies mate
fuck you
>>
File: 1387780537811.png (345 KB, 465x468) Image search: [Google]
1387780537811.png
345 KB, 465x468
>>321021168
>We live in a world where games in the scale of FF7 can no longer exist.

I can only imagine how much shit is getting cut from XV's original vision as we speak.
>>
>>321022016
>>We live in a world where games in the scale of FF7 can no longer exist.
FF7 wasn't even that big and we just got Xenoblade X, easily one of it not the biggest jrpg ever made.
>>
>>321019394
>certain minigames cut

You say that like it's a bad thing that they'd axe stupid flow-breaking shit like wasting three minutes to manually resuscitate the drowning girl instead of it taking a few seconds automatically as part of the pre-boss cutscene. Jesus, I hope they're cutting out the tower defense segment to get Phoenix and gating that materia in a more interesting way.
>>
>>321019394
I never was. I thought the original wasn't that good of a game, so naturally Square Enix's bastardization of Squaresoft's game never got me excited.
>>
>>321020884
>As long as it costs the same or not much more than a typical game, there's no problem

Hahaha, oooh boy. Maybe you haven't paid much attention to the way SE does business the last six years, but hold on to your Yiddish cup, it's going to be a wild ride.
>>
I can't wait until they reveal that they scrapped Tifa's miniskirt and tank top for her advent children costume.
>>
>>321019704
>letting you date dudes

you're talking about the segments where you get to play as Tifa and Aeris, right?
>>
>>321020884
It will affect the development of the game. Why do you think they won't go into details about the world map? There will be no backtracking, no exploration.
>>
>>321022516
Apparently you could go out with Barret in the gondola scene. You had to do a bunch of shit to unlock it though.
>>
>>321022129
Xenoblade X was also empty and boring, just like 99% of other "open world" games. Monolith was slow in learning the lesson that other companies learned: having a big overworld is meaningless if it's not interesting.
>>
>>321022661
It was sort of weird because of how careful you had to be. To this day, I'm still not sure if some of these are "push the truck to find Mew" or not, but getting it to trigger could definitely be a bitch.

>say only shitty things to them in dialogue choices
>don't have Cloud/Tifa/Aeris heal/raise/cover each other
>keep the girls out of the party at all times, but if you have to have one put Cloud in the first spot and them in the last so they don't stand next to each other in battle
>when forced, favor Tifa over Aeris because the game operates off the assumption that Aeris is the love interest and her good interactions are worth more points than Tifa's
>don't get Yuffie either until after the date happens, even she gets a points bias over Barret
>see the the bit in Costa where Barret puts on the sailor suit
>during the few interaction choices you get with Barret, go with what he favors the most
>keep Barret in the party at all times

As an additional bonus, waiting until late-game to get Yuffie has a small amusing perk. If you try to recruit her while Tifa is running the show, she refers to her as Boobs before running off.
>>
>>321022726
Cool opinion bro. Every segment of the map literally has a handplaced objective in it, plus other treasures, vistas,etc not included.
>>
>>321019394
What was censored?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.