[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how /v/ never talks about Shadowrun games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: SRHK_wallpaper1.jpg (665 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
SRHK_wallpaper1.jpg
665 KB, 1920x1200
So how /v/ never talks about Shadowrun games?
>>
>>321018854
Not much to complain about, and if there isn't much to complain about, discussion dies within a week of release as everything that people want to say about it was said.
>>
Hong Kong was good but fuck was it buggy. I don't recall quests in the other games that just flat out didn't work.

Nice ending though.
>>
>>321019442
I couldnt finish dragonfall because theres a glitch on the A.I mission. ill mostly likely have to restart the entire game or get a save somewhere.
>>
File: shadowrun.jpg (338 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
shadowrun.jpg
338 KB, 1366x768
>>321018854
Well, we've had a few good threads over the last few years. Unfortunately the fact is though that while Shadowrun is an absolutely fucking awesome universe that seems tailor made for excellent vidya, one of the very, very few that actually gets a magic/tech fusion right (usually a recipe for total shit), there just haven't been many games there. And almost nothing involving anyone even close to AAA. Basically we got:
>3 games, 1993-96
Good stuff here. Future looks promising. But then a long, LONG silence and then
>2007, oh boy a console FASA FPS!
Holy fuck was that shit.
>2013-now: 3x kikestarter
SRR has had some decent parts, considering it's low budget indie it wasn't awful. But Harebrained just aren't that good and though Dragonfall was a decent ride they accomplished no wizardry in terms of gameplay or depth.

And that's it! Literally over 20 years and that's all there is. /tg/ can have a ball with it, but as far as /v/ goes there just isn't much for us to work with sadly. I still hope we get something incredible someday like it deserves, but I'm not holding my breath either.
>>
Did the new patches fix all the bugs in Hong Kong?
>>
Maybe when Hong Kong gets it's little DLC thing.
>>
I thought Shadowrun Returns was a pretty fun experience but lacked actual rpg elements. I really enjoyed dragonfall.

Would you recommend hong kong?
>>
>>321022971
Bit worse than Dragonfall, better than SRR. They really went overboard with NPC backstory dumps and the game was buggy as hell towards the end on release - maybe they've patched it though.
>>
>>321022971
Yes.

I enjoy harebrained games too much.
>>
>>321023135
>>321021896
Yeah, I'd suggest Hong Kong after the inevitable Director's Cut on sale. Dragonfall really benefitted from the DC, but was good enough to be worth working through bugs for even. Hong Kong is certainly nothing like as primitive as DMS was, but unfortunately they didn't continue to get even better then DF either. So I can't say it's worth dealing with a lot of bugs over. But once it's polished up some more and cheaper (or you get it as part of some bundle or something), yeah it's probably worth a spin if you enjoyed SRR in general.
>>
>>321023443
>>321023173
>>321023135

Thanks, I'll probably wait for DC and a decent sale but I'll give it a shot.
>>
Are they're any player made campaigns that are any good?
>>
I really enjoyed dragonfall. I haven't started hong kong yet but I'm excited to do so!

The only thing that kind-of bums me out about these games are that it gets pretty same-y after a little while.
>>
I can't remember, that huge orc from Dragonfall, wasn't he an okay guy in the end? I can vaguely remember something unique about the way his death was pulled off
>>
>>321018854
I enjoyed Shadowrun Returns. So much so that I started looking into table top games and started hanging out in /tg/ threads.

I'm actually playing online on Reddit and having a pretty cool time.
>>
>>321018854
The OST was orgasmic. Couldn't get enough of it.
>>
>>321023604
HK probably isn't getting a director's cut, since the kickstarter stretch goals reached all of their planned features.

It could still use some more bug fixes, but there's a Slap Patch mod in the workshop that addresses some stuff.

Hopefully things will be further improved by the time the mini-campaign comes out.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.