[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bloodborne with The Old Hunters is THE essential game of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 18
File: bloodborne_the_old_hunters-wide.jpg (3 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne_the_old_hunters-wide.jpg
3 MB, 2880x1800
Bloodborne with The Old Hunters is THE essential game of the 8th generation.
>>
This statement is objectively correct.
>>
So is the old hunters just more levels?

Because Splatoon and Xenobade X already won.
>>
>>321014610
>love Bloodborne
>hear dlc is amazing but it's dlc so it must just be pretty good since it wasn't worth putting in the vanilla
>buy it
>probably the best part of the whole story aside from Alfred smashing the queen and Gehrman cleaning up these sorts of messes
>best weapons in the game
>pretty cool outfits
Absolutely incredible
>>
>>321015264
Adds 1/3 of the weapons(all of which are amazing), more outfits, and gives more insight on what happens to the used up hunters
>>
I love this game, but damn does it make me extremely irritated. I finally made it out of that damn area where everyone is snakes and it's been getting progressively worse with each new area. Not counting the Lecture hall where there was nothing that posed a threat at all

I'm currently stuck on Martyr Logarius (I don't know his actual name, but the guy on Cainhurst's roof), Ebrietas Daughter of the Cosmos and the entire Nightmare of Mensis areaall at once. I'm 85% sure it's just because I suck, but it still irritates me.

I also suck at fighting Hunter NPC's
>>
Cainhurst is stupid and I'm stuck on martyr longdong with no friends to help me out and only scrubs to summon.
>>
>>321015445
Sounds like a pass for me. Not interested at all in any of that for $20. I'll probably just watch pewdie pie go through it.
>>
File: 1408083590571.jpg (27 KB, 638x693) Image search: [Google]
1408083590571.jpg
27 KB, 638x693
>Fishing Hamlet
>>
>>321016017
Use your gun when Logarius starts swinging at you a lot. Use lightning paper and tomb prospector stuff against Ebrietas. For the nightmare if you are getting frenzied then wear the grey Hunter stuff and be careful about the brains and that glowing tower with the big brain
>>
>>321016017
Pretty much every time you hit Logarius, dodge to the left immediately after to avoid the exploding skull. When he does his transformation visceral him from behind to cancel it. I had trouble on him for a while, too.
>>
>want to play the expansion
>have to beat Amelia first
Fuck. I just want to play it, dammit.
>>
>>321016017
I bet you don't have enough vitality. It's silly to play the endgame with any less than 30, and that's just the bare minimum.
>>
File: I'm waiting for you, anon.jpg (44 KB, 501x944) Image search: [Google]
I'm waiting for you, anon.jpg
44 KB, 501x944
>>321016017
>>321016054
GIT behind cover or on lower ground to avoid his skull attack. Also while he's transforming get behind him and backstab to stop it, makes the rest of the fight much easier

>>321015264
Neither of those are games worthy of the generation. Splatoon had too many problems for me to care to point out. and XCX is the MGS5 of Xenoblade, boring open world objectives/grind, boring character dialogs (and boring character for the most part), underwhelming plot and music. Just worse overall outside of combat compared to the previous game.

Both will quickly be forgotten
>>
>>321015264
Hahahaha look at this nintoddler over here. I bet you your mom wouldn't even let you play bloodborne if you owned a ps4 because it's rated m
>>
>>321016532
Amelia is the only boss I've beaten on the first try every time. Make sure you're tossing mists on her to prevent her from healing.
>>
File: 1.jpg (84 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
84 KB, 800x800
>>321016054
Post your password nigg and ring the bell at the gate, I'll be there in ~10 min
>>
>>321016171
> I'll probably just watch pewdie pie go through it.
the average /v/ poster
>>
>>321016758
I dont know what my password is, I have no friends so I've only summoned randos
>>
File: image.jpg (159 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159 KB, 1024x576
>>321016532
Uhh you might have to wait quite a bit to actually get anywhere in it even after killing Amelia. The first boss is a total bastard, pic related
>>
>>321014610
Why is his face covered?
>>
>>321014610
the game is so much worse without old hunters

Bloodborne + Old Hunters > Dark Souls PTDE > Dark Souls > Bloodborne > Demon's Souls >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> feces > Dark Souls 2 SotFS > Dark Souls 2
>>
>>321014610
Anons, I bought a PS4 for Bloodborne a year ago. I never got around to finishing it because it just felt bland compared to Dark Souls (one). What should I do?
>>
>>321016950
*her
>>
Would getting the xpac be smart if I just bought the game or is all the content for after you've beaten it?
>>
>>321016362
I almost have Ebrietas beat, but I panic when she gets arcane attacks. Every fight so far has ended with her on 1/3 hp and me dead. So I just need to GIT GUD.

I already know about the frenzy res, I just suck at avoiding the window glow spear thing while fighting enemies. That post was more me venting my frustrations than anything else though.

>>321016528
>>321016630
You can stop the transformation? I usually just hang back and buff while I wait. Will try again another day so I don't actually get pissed off at the game though.

>>321016596
I have over 30 VIT.

Thanks for the help guys.
>>
>>321016950
it's not, she's just wearing a hat and looking at the floor
>>
>>321017372
mind blown, thanks
>>
>>321016758
>>321016828
I figured it out, password is nigfresh
>>
>>321016828
Go into network settings. You can set a password there. Make sure you post it to the thread though, or I'm lost.
>>
>>321016017
Log man is easy just hit and run his first phase and then parry bait his sorry ass in his second phase

Ebrietas fucking blows but just use dat bolt paper and I think thrust damage also helps

and yeah I feel like after Byrgenwerth the game just kinda hits a weird point where it gets kinda tedious but I did like Mensis after I got inside the castle
>>
>>321017614
I have to download the latest patch, it'll be a minute, sorry.
>>
>>321017191
Stop jerking off and answer me nignogs
>>
>>321018189
Np, I'm chillin outside the boss entrance.
>>
I just beat Orphan of Kos about half an hour ago. Fuck me for browing here carelessly. It wasn't too much of a deal though, I just knew the name of the boss and that it is eventually the final one in the dlc (which it was, unfortunately). Overall, it was an amazing addition and I feel bad for fans of the soul series who will miss out on bloodborne due to elitism. Personally, I think Kos is one of the best fights in the entire franchise. It might not be the most tactical and strategy demanding fight, but fuck me if it wasn't tense like hell. Fuck the lightning though. I'm kind of sad that it's over now. The DLC was just great, as was Bloodborne alltogether.
I'm really hoping they can achieve this quality one last time with DaS3.

>>321015264
I am also playing XBX currently and while I'm also really enjoying it, The old hunters takes the cake. Of course you can't really compare the two, still bloodborne offers the better experience (for me).

>>321016017
When he enters second form, make sure to destroy his sword that summons the red ghost swords. I totally overlooked it in ng, but when I noticed it in ng+ it made the fight a whole lot easier.
>>
>>321018050
I'm still enjoying it, I'm just dying a lot more and in more bullshit ways. Like those damn octopus brain slug people and their bullshit magical attacks and grabs.
>>
>>321018297
You can go into it pretty quickly (probably 1/4 of the way through the game) but you'll prob want to get at least 1/2 way through so your blood level is higher. It's like a mid-late game area.
>>
>>321018297
>>321017191
You might as well google that. Like with the other souls entries, the DLC will be accessable after you reach a certain point in the main game. It IS ballbreaking hard though, so I advise you to either take on it in ng+ after you've gotten used to the game, or tackle it more late than early in your main game run. For more info on how to access the dlc, just look it up.
>>
>>321018310
FINALLY. It was stalled, omw m9
>>
>>321016017
Fucking Ebrietas
> First time encounter
> Completley destroying her
> Barely any damage to me
> Down to those final few hits
> Git Greedy
> Tentacle slaps me dead
> Run back for round 2
> Going to wreck this bitch
> Get rekt
> Rinse and repeat several times
> Still haven't beaten her
>>
>>321019465
If she uses the laser attack you're just fucked. If not then it's still a really hard fight.
>>
Best place to buy the complete edition?
>>
>>321019124
Thanks man, that went way better.
>>
>>321020226
Was fun man.
>>
>the tracking and hitboxes on the Fish Giants
It's like I'm really playing DaS2!
>>
>>321020494
Not even close.
>>
>>321020162
3 months from now
>>
>>321020494
Yeah, they're super tedious.

>>321019641
Nah, you can dodge them. Time the dodge, don't mash.
>>
>>321020494
>I suck at the game!

Dodge the obvious grabs and figure out that they can sweep behind them and they're as good as dead, provided you aren't bad at the game.
>>
>>321020494
You can constantly backstab them.

The point about the tracking was that it was essentially impossible with certain enemies in das2.
I can reliably backstab the shark cunts over and over again.

If they are alone they are a joke.
>>
>>321016689

Didn't even get one GOTY sonycuck

Keep cryin
>>
>>321020978
>bloodborne thread
>better shitpost

Sorry anon we got a good game. If yours were that good you would look for threads to talk about it too.
>>
>>321016935
I didn't find Ludwig as hard as people were saying he was. And he 2nd phase is even easier.
>>
I wish they made the DLC more accessible. I already beat the main game when it came out. I heard the DLC is a lot harder on NG+ and I'm not sure if I even want to attempt it. But if I start a new game I have to pretty much go through the entire game again to be a suitable enough level for The Old Hunters.

FROM doesn't like to make their products accessible. I just don't have the time for this fucking shit.
>>
>>321019465
Hug her left side, (your right) under and slightly behind her arms. Don't lock on and keep swinging at her tenticle ass. If anything she'll jump up and backwards. Just reposition yourself again. Easy peasy fight once you figure that out
>>
>>321020978
It's okay anon, you can go play Undertale any time you want and you won't have to pay attention to these mean Sony groanies and their Bloodborne!
>>
>>321021151
The problem is really the difficulty curve.

He is the hardest boss of the dlc. Everything else is a pushover compared to him.
And the first area is the hardest area too.

With the exception of one room later on.
>>
>>321021257
I did the dlc at level 40 right after beating ebrietas.

You don't need to be high level to get through it.
>>
>>321021417
See, I didn't think so. I had much more trouble with Maria and Orphan, especially Orphan, fuck Orphan. Orphan was fun.
>>
>>321021862
I had more fun with Maria and Orphan but they were easy as fuck.
Especially Orphan.

They had no bullshit oneshot attack.
>>
>>321021862

I personally got massively stuck on Ludwig because I did him so early that half of his attacks would OHKO me and I found it difficult to read his patterns at first. Eventually I figured out how to beat him by just baiting out his claw combo and then whacking him in the head a couple times. His second phase is much, much easier since you can actually get behind him without getting mule-kicked in the face.

Maria was really easy for me because she can be stunlocked and parried, and Orphan of Kos wasn't much harder.

I actually kind of wish Maria was harder because her moveset is cool as fuck.
>>
>>321016171
You're disgusting.
>>
>>321021417
I had more problems with Laurence, his 2nd phase is just awful.
>>
>>321017307
You don't need to fight the enemies just run to the room with the spiders at the top of the hill
>>
File: 1445399137550.jpg (61 KB, 604x438) Image search: [Google]
1445399137550.jpg
61 KB, 604x438
its really not, bloodborne is some overrated shit that is hardly any better than dark souls 2. I beat Orphan of Kos on second try NG+, most of /v/ was bitching and wailing about how unfair he was once you get to 50%. Given this is the same /v/ who couldnt figure out how to parry in MGR and think bladewolf is a legitimate challenge, I'm not surprised to see so many casuals praise this game.

the whole DLC is boring except for the middle section after you beat Ludwig to Maria. before and after that are dull and unimaginative.
>>
>>321017307
Get through some of the DLC if you have it for loch shield. Ebrietas is a cakewalk with it.
>>
>>321022714
Laurence is optional. You could always go back later although I did him right after Ludwig.

Ludwig is the first boss no matter what you do.
>>
>>321021417
I beat Ludwig on my third try, Maria on my first, and Laurence on my second
Orphan took me almost an entire day to beat
>>
>>321022949
>I don't like it, therefore it's not good.

OK friend, thanks for the valuable input.
>>
>>321023121
How?

Ludwig has TWO bullshit one shot attacks.
Orphan has nothing.
Just buy some lightning paper and pop a blood pellet and he falls down before you even realize it.
>>
>>321014610

It's a good thing I picked up a PS4 and Bloodborne a few days ago, then.
>>
I've died 10 times to orphan. I've beaten all other bosses of dlc and base game after 3 tries max.

Using moonlight great sword, and Amy arm. Level 87

I might just go kill gherman and end it.
>>
>>321014610
did they ever patch those placeholder beast items?
>>
>see all these videos on jewtube of ecelebs playing Old Hunters on newgame because they're ng+ would have to get through Amelia.

>game grumps of all the fucking people are doing it on ng+
>>
File: Hammer_sword_art.jpg (316 KB, 1514x2048) Image search: [Google]
Hammer_sword_art.jpg
316 KB, 1514x2048
What is the best weapon and why is the Kirkhammer?

>Chareged R2 + R2
MUH
U
H
>>
>>321016171
>watch pewdie pie go through it
>go through it
Good one
>>
>>321023835
in terms of style it's okay

but it's a pretty objectively mediocre weapon by any other standard
>>
>>321023835
Threaded Cane, baby.
>>
>>321022714
I swear, his hitbox gets fucked up on that second form. I couldn't hit the cunt unless I was practically smelling him.
>>
>>321023926
How? It does very high damage, it consumes very little stamina for what it does, the sword form is quite quick, the hammer is fairly quick for the damage it does, and it has all right range.
>>
BB will never be popular because it's a ps4 exclusive. This is a fact. Undertale is popular because it ran on shit computers so everyone could play it. Nobody is talking about this game because nobody's played it.
>>
>>321021376
Going to try this out. Cheers, anon
>>
>dodging only
>you can only parry 20 times
>no shields

Wish there were more weapons/styles of play available.

Got bored after killing the giant spider, I don't want to spam dodge and axe things for another 10 hours.

pls hurry das3.
>>
>own xenoblade x, splatoon and bloodborne
>splatoon was fun for 20 hours, became too repetitive: quit
>xenoblade x: missed everything that made the last game great; has no story and there is nothing that motivates me to play the mmo-ish gameplay.

bloodborne, on the other hand, has given me 300+ hours of fun; the mechanics and lore and atmosphere and world and pvp end game are just exactly what i wanted. it's the perfect game.
>>
>>321024248
I see, like, 1 or 2 threads a day about Bloodborne.
>>
>>321024178
it actually doesn't have very high AR and it's slower than things that have higher AR

it has a really strangely setup animation/hitbox where you usually don't get very good damage from it when locked on because the swing is tilted slightly to the left so enemies usually only get hit by the outer shockwave instead of the weapon itself, dealing only like half the damage it should be dealing

ludwigs meme blade has a better moveset, more range and more damage and you don't have to worry about the problem mentioned above

rakuyo has way higher damage and it's a skl weapon

pizza cutter is an all around better weapon as well

I like the weapon, I used it on my first playthrough but it's just not very good compared to most others.
>>
>>321024506
There are 2 shields now and you can technically parry 120 times.
>>
So which of the new weapons are good for STR builds besides the pizza cutter?
>>
>>321024525
So? Popular between a few dozen people on /v/ doesn't make it a popular game.
>>
>>321024624
B O O M H A M M E R
>>
>>321024624
beast cutter
church pick if you put a heavy abyssal in it
>>
>>321024676
I thought that had fire damage that scaled with Arc?
>>
>>321024628
Yeah, not like it was nominated for GOTY or anything. Only a couple dozen people on /v/ like it.
>>
>>321024628
m8, it's being compared to tumblrtale
That's being delusional or outright shitposting, popularity or quality wise.
>>
Why does Ludwig's Silver Blade get so much shit? I think it's a decent weapon. I used it a bit when I wasn't maining my nigga Tonitrus.
>>
>>321024730
It gets up to A strength scaling according to fextralife. I'm still not entirely sure how damage works in BB desu.
>>
>>321025019
Dunno man, I liked it, though found it too slow for my tastes. First playthrough though, so I don't know much.

>>321024730
It's kinda weird, I upgraded it a lot but it was still doing way less damage than my other weapons. Probably my shit build.
>>
>>321024784
>it was nominated for GOTY
Like this means anything anymore. >>321024945
You have to admit that undertale is immensely more popular than bloodbourne. And I attribute it to the fact that everyone with a computer can play it. When I see bloodbourne I think "Oh that game looks good and I hear it's good, it's a shame the devs didn't care as much about having people play it than they did about $$, oh well I'm waiting for DS3."
>>
>>321025414
Undertale is immensely popular because of autists and tumblr. It's the new Minecraft/FNAF/whatever the fuck.

It's a pretty good game with some funny shit in it, but it is by no means GOTY. And the retarded fanbase surrounding it actively detracts from the game.
>>
File: 1450489900413.jpg (33 KB, 419x419) Image search: [Google]
1450489900413.jpg
33 KB, 419x419
>>321014610
Maybe if it was on PC :^)
>>
>>321025414
You just sound salty.

>You have to admit that undertale is immensely more popular
I honestly don't care. BB could sell 10 copies and I wouldn't give a shit. Just like Undertale could sell 50 million and I still wouldn't give it the light of day.
>>
>>321020494
That room with the 2 fish ogres took me longer to beat than kos
>>
>>321026023
Good for you. Me and most of /v/ still can't and won't play it because the developers don't want me to. Which is why it can never be "essential". Enjoy the game though.
>>
>>321025196
Slow? It's one of the fastest I've used.
>>
>>321026395
>the developers don't want me to
Not buying something is your own choice. I think the PS4 is a terrible console with no redeeming qualities, but BB is quite good so I went ahead and bought it, just like anyone else can. Unless money is that much of a problem, I suppose.
>>
Finally got around to doing a Bloodtinge build.
Chikage's pretty neat
Also where can I get more beast blood pellets?
>>
>>321026708
>$460 for a single game
Good goy
>>
>>321023835
Church pick for hunters, Whirligig for beasts
>>
>>321026853
>being poor
>>
>>321024624
I found the Kirkhammer pretty solid and fun.
>>
>>321026853
[cucking intensifies]
>>
>>321014610
i was really hoping i would like maria but it is the worst kind of fight

first two phases are a joke then the third is just ridiculous by comparison
>>
>>321026853
Hey man, if you can get hundreds of hours of genuine entertainment out of a game at some point it becomes worth it.
>>
File: excuse me young man.jpg (13 KB, 148x172) Image search: [Google]
excuse me young man.jpg
13 KB, 148x172
I just killed Rom, am I anywhere near done?

Beast Amelia is a cute
>>
>>321026853
salty cuck
>>
>>321026853
>I'm a poorfag.
I'm from a third world shithole and have about $1200 USD of disposable income per month after rent, food, and services. If someone wants to buy it like I did, they sure as shit can.
>>
>>321027074
You're maybe 5/8ths done
>>
So about to buy the dlc how do I startt it?
>>
>>321027230
Kill Amelia and get grabbed by the Amygdala right outside the chapel
>>
>>321027074
Rom's kind of the halfway point, maybe a bit more. If you want to, you can just ignore the side areas and you'll only have 3 areas left afterwards
>>
nah I prefer witcher 3.
>>
Research Hall is the coolest fucking place in the game and you can't convince me otherwise
>>
File: 691.png (376 KB, 1237x610) Image search: [Google]
691.png
376 KB, 1237x610
>>321027336
>If you want to, you can just ignore the side areas

Appreciate the advice, but I couldn't live without knowing what I missed. I'm already stressing out about sending survivors to the right place
>>
>>321027523
Make sure you send the guy in the forbidden woods with the head bandages to the chapel, he gives you some cool stuff down the road
>>
File: 1439488381320.jpg (146 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
1439488381320.jpg
146 KB, 500x625
>>321027651
I'll be sure to do that in my NG+
>>
>>321027789
Just do it. You know you want those beast pellets
>>
>>321027917
>>321027651
anon pls
>>
>>321027917
i always just kill him in the woods, its way easier and you get more pellets
>>
>>321024506
just use the rune that gives you bullet when you parry and you have unlimited parry
>>
File: 1420637153719.jpg (28 KB, 354x313) Image search: [Google]
1420637153719.jpg
28 KB, 354x313
>>321028751
where is
>>
>>321028737
But then he won't kill those faggots for you
>>
>>321029032
I think he's talking about blood rapture which gives you health which you can turn into more bullets. You get the best blood rapture for killing the last Hunter in Eileen's quest
>>
>>321014610
Xenoblade >>>> Bloodborne >> Disgaea 5
>>
>>321014610
Not trying to be "that" guy but its fps really affect the experience for me. So.... It'll be the game of the 9th generation when it's remastered
>>
File: 1381886485627.gif (675 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1381886485627.gif
675 KB, 480x270
>Going to Unseen Village for the first time
>Those three hunters in the church

I guess this is the part where the progress of casuals like me slow down to a crawl?
>>
I really have to stop going into these threads because I'm becoming more and more tempted to buy a ps4.
>>
>>321029743
Just watch some lets plays and see if it's worth it for this game. Next year will have much more to play and you can bet on some better prices
>>
>>321029739
You don't have to fight them. Just walk straight ahead from where you enter and forgot about those pieces of shit. They give you almost nothing and the only reliable way to kill them all involves cheesing if you're a stubborn ass like me and had to get revenge the what you do is sneak around them and down into the bottom level on the building, lock yourself in the cell and beat on them through the cell walls
>>
Fable Legends is the essential game of the 8th generation

My shit opinion has as much validation as your shit opinions, none
>>
>>321014610
Bloodborne threads always have the faggiest OPs. Give it a rest, you faggot.

I've been wondering, where did the name "Scourge" come from? I don't really remember seeing it anywhere important.
>>
>Just beat Orphan of Kos

Jesus fucking christ that second form was some crazy shit, /v/ wasn't exaggerating.
>>
>>321029739
I'm dreading that part. It was really easy when I had the Hunter's Axe and could spin2win all day long, but I have no idea how to beat them without easy knockdowns. Spamming parries, maybe.

Speaking of bullshit encounters, how do you kill the shark giants at the bottom of the well in the Fishing Hamlet?
>>
>>321014610
it's mediocre
>>
File: 1427010129729.gif (591 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1427010129729.gif
591 KB, 480x270
>>321029739
That part is so fucking dumb.

I just led them to the laser stairs and had the big cthulu monster fry them for me. I died in the process, but not without me throwing up double middle fingers before breathing my last breath.
>>
File: ALL I KNOW IS PEG.png (684 KB, 637x1133) Image search: [Google]
ALL I KNOW IS PEG.png
684 KB, 637x1133
Could a horror-style Bloodborne movie work?
>>
>>321029032
If you kill the nun you get the Oedon Writhe +1, if you kill Losefka before you beat Rom you get +2, and +3 is found in a chalice dungeon.
>>
>>321030805

Fight the first one until it's about half dead and the second one shows up, then tag one of them with a Shaman Bone Blade and run for the ladder like a bitch. Come back down once one of them is dead and finish off the other one.

Although the first time I fought them I got ridiculously lucky and somehow stunlocked the first one to death with the Holy Moonlight Sword R2 before the second one could even show up. I've never been able to replicate that again.
>>
>how do you kill the shark giants at the bottom of the well in the Fishing Hamlet?

Kill the first one before it's friend drops. Parrying is effective.
>>
>>321031791
Oh damn, I didn't teven think about the Shaman Bone Blade. Thanks, that might make it doable.

>>321031921
You can parry the anchor? Well damn.
>>
>>321032067
If it walks on two legs and doesn't take up the whole screen, you can parry it.
>>
>>321032246
You can't parry Ludwig, can you?
>>
>>321016171
that was pretty good anon. keep it up sport
>>
>>321032638
No he's too big. You can stagger him but I forget how.
>>
>>321032928
Just do a lot of damage too him in a short amount of time.
>>
>had to ragequit at Maria in my Bloodletter build
I just can't I brute forced Ludwig and Living Failures, but I'm just too exhausted.

Why can't this game have a fucking early bloodtinge weapon? It's like they hated the idea of people playing the two most interesting stats.
>>
>>321014610
Bloodborne is definitely the best game of the generation so far, but it's not the only great game.
Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101. Infamous 3 is also pretty alright.
This generation has had a bit of a slow start, hasn't it?
>>
>>321032928
Valtr did it multiple times, so maybe crippling legs or something?

>>321033050
I don't know. It's such a pain in the ass. I guess they legitimately believed that people would level bloodtinge just for the gun damage. Which makes no god damn sense.

Why the fuck are all the weapons in Cainhurst?

>>321033119
Eh. Even games just this year, I think I got more out of MH4U.
>>
>>321014610
>only 0.06% of the people with bloodborne beat this

>this is the best game ever made oh except its retardedly hard and no ones beaten it so you cant say shit till ya do

sonyfags are cancer
>>
>>321033365
Chikage is bad enough. Bloodletter and Simon's Bowblade are hidden behind three fucking balls hard bosses. Even Maria is a bitch when you don't have any other stats leveled.
>>
>>321029249
i was actually talking about oedon writhe, way less complicated and faster
>>
truth. absolutely deserving of GOTY. Based Godyazaki and the From A-Team can't be stopped
>>
>>321033472
I guess for Simon's Bowblade, you could just kill him?

That's one of my big gripes with the game though, you play 2/3rds of the game with the starter weapons until you get the thing you actually want.
>>
>>321033365
Technically speaking, doing it for the gun damage isn't horrible. I've seen videos of people with crazy BLT builds throwing out damage comparable to the greatsword using the Blunderbuss.

It's obviously not your bread and butter, but it can fucking dump some damage.
>>
>>321034341
Do they use bone marrow ash?
>>
>>321033365
The Evelyn and Cannon can do great damage with high bloodtinge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUCP-9YKnek
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPUhN6pP2og
>>
>>321034558
That's also with Ash, btw.
>>
>>321034341
The Cannon was at one point borderline broken, but even then you can't carry yourself using only firearms. There really should be a bloodtinge weapon in the early game, and an arcane weapon.
>>
File: 1449786122600.jpg (424 KB, 888x1076) Image search: [Google]
1449786122600.jpg
424 KB, 888x1076
What's the max number of bullets you can carry?
>>
>>321034515
There's a shot with it and a shot without. The ash makes it just floor the shit out of anything ever, but it does a good 400-500 damage on low defense targets at point blank. The blunderbuss deals damage per pellet, and all.

>>321034648
Yeah. When it was only 10 bullets you could get four shots out of it pretty easily.

And I honestly feel like not being able to carry yourself with firearms is kind of okay-ish? Like, I still think there should be some form of Bloodtinge weapon early on, but I like the idea of Bloodtinge being a build that has an extremely powerful, limited resource. Like Faith builds in Dark Souls. They weren't as good at fighting as a Strength build, but they had fucking Lightning Spear.
>>
>>321034845
32?
>>
>>321034940
That's not really a good comparison though because Dark Souls had the Sword of Astora which you could pick up within five minutes.
>>
File: 1428561794253.png (27 KB, 216x294) Image search: [Google]
1428561794253.png
27 KB, 216x294
Is leveling Discovery useless if you're doing a STR run?
>>
>>321035023
Yeah. It was much more supportive of the non-physical builds because there were just more weapons. The point is just that a Cleric would be much worse at fighting than a Warrior, but they had their limited resources that were extremely powerful.

A Bloodtinge build won't hit as hard as Strength build in normal combat, and it probably shouldn't. It should make up for it with ridiculous gun damage. Still, they could add something around Bloodstarved Beast for BLT and ARC.
>>
>>321035213
There are runes you can equip to increase discovery. Leveling arcane just for the discovery is a waste.
>>
>>321035325
Even something shitty would be fine, just to carry you to the better weapons.
>>
>>321023121
Just wack him with bolt.

I beat him with bolt gemmed Saif at 50 arc
>>
>>321035213
Arcane is more or less its own build. It does best on its own and cranked up all the way up to 99 since tools don't softcap.
>>
>>321014610
I'm not buying a fucking 400 dollar console for ONE fucking game.

Fuck off.
>>
>>321036740
Your loss.
>>
>>321031496
That would be a Lovecraftian horror movie. I would love one, but it doesn't seem like there is much demand for one.
>>
>>321036740
I did. And it's fucking fantastic. I regret nothing.
Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.