[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Normies get introduced to sub par open world games like Skyrim
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: 1449610201737.jpg (13 KB, 232x250) Image search: [Google]
1449610201737.jpg
13 KB, 232x250
Normies get introduced to sub par open world games like Skyrim and Fallout 4 and think its the greatest thing.

Why?
>>
It's kind of hard to be mad at stupid shit in video games when you're getting laid on a regular basis.
>>
>>321006728

This.

Also, they generally don't know any better. At most, they've played GTA where the most interaction you can have with the world is murdering/exploding everything that moves, so stuff like Skyrim and Fallout 4 where you can talk to NPCs and do shit besides just kill them is revolutionary to them.
>>
>>321006293
God damn maa-kun draws some good faces.
>>
Quicksave and quickload lets them do anything without consequence. Generic and terrible combat means they don't have to git gud . Open world exploration means easier and more braindead level design. The lack of a good plot means they dont have to finish the game to feel accomplished. Difficulty levels, while it is true that tweaking values is fairly lazy, allows them to cry out "bullet sponge" when they get their shit pushed in, meaning "nobody can judge them for playing on easy", despite the game still being easy as shit on hard.
>>
Because they 1. Don't have another point of reference and 2. They don't care enough to get mad because they have lives worth living to care about.
>>
>>321006293

They didn't grow up on them, so they don't realize how much more depth and expecting games can be.
>>
>>321006293
>subpar open world
You contrarian faggot, bethesda can be shit at alot of things, but those fuckers know how build their worlds, its the main reason people buy their games. Name 5 games with better world building than Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim.
>>
>>321007210
This.
>>
Marketing
>>
>>321007486
Witcher 3. It has a bigger open world, more detailed, and much more stuff to do unlike Bethesda's empty open-world turd.
BTFO Bethesdrone.
>>
You dropped your fedora senpai
>>
Because they're good, fun games with high production values and they're easy for anyone to pick up and get in to.
>>
Normies have better taste than most of /v/ Tbh

MGSV and Witcher 3 are pure dogshit. Normie games like Fallout 4 and BO3 blow them the fuck out.

But I'm not autistic so I can play and enjoy both. I play CoD and Fifa with my mates and also play a lot of niche games as well. It's all good.
>>
>>321007786
>Bethsoft
>High production values.
>Their games literally run better the more of their assets you replace.
I know it's bait, but dammit.
>>
>>321007486
>grouping oblivion, morrowind and skyrim as if they're the same fucking thing quality wise

thats some quality bait sir
>>
>>321007896
>>321007908
How does Geralts smelly cock taste?
>>
>>321006293
Now they can be 'nerds' too, its cool to be a nerd or geek now unless you start actually talking about things in the games then you're a loser
>>
>>321007667
what part of 5 did you not understand, tiny dick weeb?
>>
Normies play for about an hour a day, maybe an hour a week. Open world games are great because you can pop in, kill some random people, and pop out. How many people who hail GTA as the greatest games ever actually beat them? Most people just run people over for an hour every few days then go do normal people stuff. It's why Open World games have been surging so much recently.
>>
>>321007667
What, TW3 was good but the "open world" part of it is its biggest flaw.
>>
>>321007994
I haven't even beaten the first one, let alone bought two and three.

Doesn't make Bethsoft any more competent.
>>
Imagine you're a normie. You have a job, probably a long term girlfriend, and an apartment. Maybe a kid. You don't really live paycheck to paycheck, but at least you're comfortable.

Every day, you drive to work. You work. You drive back. On a REALLY exciting night, you might go out for drinks with friends. Maybe you go on vacation to some ultra-generic place like Europe or India in an attempt to "expand." And that's your entire life - there's no adventure, there's no exploring, there's nothing there. You are safe and boring because you are afraid of losing everything.

But all of a sudden, get this - it's a game with a HUGE open map! And guns. And it's very open ended, there are lots of options not just for gameplay, but for romance and story. And all of a sudden, you have options that you never thought you had in real life. You can be anyone you want, in any way you want, with whoever you want. It's a life you constantly wished for, but you found out that, in order to live the regular, ordinary life, you had to suffer a regular, ordinary life.

But hey, at least the game is an okay replacement.
>>
>>321008242
(you)
>>
>>321007908
I consider them all good in their own different way, you think I need to say Morrowind so /vee/ can approve my taste? I dont give a shit about your shitty meme opinion, Oblivion is the best TES game for me.
>>
>>321008108
Nice bait.

>>321008041
Witcher 3, Gta 5, Dragonage Inquisition, Xenoblade Chronicles X and Metal Gear Solid 5: TPP.
>>
>>321008042
Except most of the reason people play Beth game games is to dump 100+ hours into them, much longer with mods.You don't really see that kind of behavior with GTA, hell, or even mainstream FPS games unless you're in high school.
>>
>>321006995
It's a fucking generic animu face
>>
>>321008454
>dragon age inquisition
>MGS5
>dragon age
Come on man, I knew this shit was bait, but dont make it so obvious.
>>
>>321008242
So what exciting shit to NEETs do
>>
>>321008498
We're talking about the normals, who only play on consoles.
>>
>>321006293
better to be a normie than a shit eating weeb
>>
They can't tell the difference between quality and shit

That's why nostalgia is such a strong force. You play a game early in your childhood, you don't realize how shitty it really is. Then you grow up, your memories fade, and when you think back all you get is that fuzzy 'well it MUST have been good', and you fight to the death that the games you grew up on are 10/10 masterpieces. It's a fresh new experience, and you don't understand it enough to realize its flaws
>>
>>321006293
bigger is literally better all the time to stupid people
>>
>>321008718
How is that a bait? DA:I was overall a bad game but it's open world was far varied and interesting than the Bethesda turd of empty open world and kill > loot > repeat copy-pasted dungeons.
>>
>>321008853
So what are good games to you
>>
>>321009041
Just like the witcher
>>
>>321008002
I talk about games and things people would consider conventionally nerdy like comic books with my friends and co-workers all the time

what the fuck is wrong with the people you hang around with
>>
File: 1444086093724.png (859 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
1444086093724.png
859 KB, 1024x681
>>321006293
its simple fun, pick the way you want play and level up at a pace that keeps you hooked
it just works
>>
>>321009447
Now you are just trying to bait.
>>
Normies flock to anything that gains attention.
From LE CAKE IS A LIE XDDD to Fallout 4's trailer.
A TV show in my country just played the trailer and talked some vague shit about it, then they said we should be hyped for this movie.
>>
Calling normalfags normies is what normalfags do.
>>
>"normies"

Son I was no-lifing morrowind while you were 3 inches from being a cumstain on your mothers asscrack
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.