[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
30 attempts. 30 goddamn attempts. I know I can't be this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
30 attempts. 30 goddamn attempts.

I know I can't be this bad at Bloodborne but this motherfucker pushes my shit in every time, occasionally before he goes feral.

Am I doing something wrong? I managed to beat the cleric beast in one go and if this game has a dodge cancel I'm pretty sure I've figured it out.

I have the Yharma hunter set, +2 hunter saw, and the hunter pistol (which I never use). Do I just need to get good or does this game need some minimal grinding?

Because 30 goddamn attempts.
>>
parry
>>
>parry him until he transform into beast
>use the music box
>burn him with molotovs
>>
>hunter pistol (which I never use)

Found the problem
>>
>>321003895
The whole point is to shoot him at the right time with the pistol so you can parry him and pull of a visceral. It's an integral component to the game's overall design, not that it's impossible to not do it.
For example, he has a move during the first phase where he drags the axe across the ground to bring it up. Shoot him when he's dragging it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLrgouu74v4
>>
>shoot pistol at correct timing
>visceral attack
>repeat
>>
>>321004394
>>321004280
>>321004337
OP here.

I-I didn't know there was a parry system.

brb getting gud
>>
>>321004615
Practice it on those big guys that try to hit you with bricks
>>
Welp. 31 and still no luck.

I shot him when he dragged his axe along the ground and the most he did was puff his chest at me.

If that's my time to strike then good fucking luck with that shit. I'm just gonna need to git gud on dodging and shit.
>>
File: 1373481383659.jpg (32 KB, 186x140) Image search: [Google]
1373481383659.jpg
32 KB, 186x140
I was able to kill him twice I think without going for parries. It mostly came down to getting REAL good at dodging, and when it came down to beast-mode, I'd run up the stairs and then jump down the other side. The time it takes for him to get down to me is just enough to pop some blood vials and get back into the fight.

also, bring a shitload of molotovs if you really want to cheese it. Whittle him down to beast mode, then use a combination of the Music Box (assuming you have it) and molotovs.
>>
>>321003895
Be sure you use the music box during the beginning of the second phase in order to put him in a temporary stun.
>>
>>321003895

As someone stated, you have to learn how to stagger him with your firearm, also, cheese him with the tombstones to make the beginning of the fight easy. During his transformation phase, keep staggering with firearm followed by visceral attacks and dodge past his shoulders to get behind him. I've noticed too many videos where people dodge away from enemies which just sets them up for another attack. Dodges should be done to the side or behind the enemy unless they have a radius attack like the executioners spinning with their giant axes.

The most annoying hunter for me was that faggot on top of the Old Yharnam tower, Djura, until I learned you can just shoot him 4 times right away and knock him off the tower.
>>
File: killme.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
killme.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
you think that's bad? I've been trying to beat Orphan of Kos for 3 fucking days now. I have a +9 kirk but that second form is fucking shit
>>
>>321007695
then try other weapons? the game throws materials at you in the dlc
>>
>>321007695
>pizza cutter +10
>50 str
That's how you kill it.
>>
>>321005741
Yeah, that's his 'riposte' animation.

Once activated, you have enough time for one dash forward, then hit r1 without pressing anything else to execute a visceral, which will knock him down and do a shitload of damage.
>>
>>321003895
>Am I doing something wrong?
Yes.
>>
>>321007695
Beat him in one shot on my level 100 Chikage edgelord build.
Used all 20 vials though but considering I didnt know any of his attacks I thought that was acceptable.
I literally just kept shooting him and spamming parries until he had about 1/4 HP left then I went ham and traded blows with him in a dps race.
>>
>>321003895
Farm up to 20/20 vials/ammo first (ogres typically drop 2-4 vials, they also make great visceral practice)

For the first phase, position Father G across a line of tombstones, and use your transformed r2/jump r2 to hit him while at minimal risk yourself. He'll typically go full potato and just try to swing at you through the tombstones. I never bother with the music box or visceraling him during this phase. Just attack and pull back when you see him charging a long two handed axe swing.

When he awoos, run him around the central column a couple times until he breaks all the tombstones surrounding it (this is so you don't get blocked while running from him when actually fighting). Now just run around the column and counter his attacks with attempted parries/molotovs. You can always dodge the feral jump attack by swapping to another side of the main column. You can easily visceral counter his barrage of swipes most the time, but be ready to dodge/sprint up to confirm the visceral. You can also always run up the stairs onto the top platform and drop down to the second platform with the red gem necklace for couple seconds of respite to heal up/make blood bullets.

now go git him

>>321007695
What's your VIT?

Git gud at recognizing the range on his dumb stretchy arm to make the fight a lot easier.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.