[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fucking Eyefinity.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: xLZQxp3.jpg (220 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
xLZQxp3.jpg
220 KB, 720x960
Fucking Eyefinity.
>>
>>320999613
I could never enjoy playing on that setup. The screens' frames would totally ruin my immersion.
>>
>>320999850
Exactly why I go Curved and not Multimonitor.
>>
File: 3xSamsungOwl1.jpg (84 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
3xSamsungOwl1.jpg
84 KB, 800x600
>>320999850
>>321000074
there are monitors that have extremely thin bezels.
>>
>>321000416
Even then the panels would shit me. I would pull them apart and macgyver the screens together and house them myself. Or just get a curved screen.
>>
>>320999850
I don't understand why he doesn't just remove the bezels. You can make a setup like this look good and not make it seem like you're piloting a mech.
>>
Really hate this shit
>>
>>321000416
could you in theory cut that plastic border to make the screens be next to each other and just leave the LCD floating loose just on one side?
>>
>>321001879
Yes. But for some reason people dont do this.
>>
>>321000416
>>320999613
>borders of any kind
How do people enjoy this shit?
>>
>>321000416
whats up with the apple keyboard bra

OSX represent.
>>
>>321000416
Looks nice, but why not buy a single screen that size?
>>
>>321003000
This. They make ultrawide screens now, and many games are starting to natively support them without fiddling with injectors and fov. Some are even curved.

Additionally, one ultrawide would cost less than 5 screens, and would provide better picture quality than the shitty cheap monitors anyway.
>>
I can't comment on a 5 monitor setup like in the OP but I use a 3 monitor setup in landscape and you don't really notice the bezels since the side monitors are mostly in your peripheral vision.
>>
>literally investing in gimmicks like multi-monitor and high FPS displays

PC is LITERALLY becoming a console, right down to the games being incapable of supporting anything outside of what's possible on consoles. Many games are locked at 1080p, many games are capped at 60FPS, you need at least a quadcore CPU to actually run games, you need 4GB of VRAM and 16 GB of system RAM for newer games, an nVidia GPU because AMD optimization is nonexistent, a 16:9 monitor because other aspect ratios are unsupported, a single monitor as MANY games do not support more than one, and an Xbox controller because many console to PC ports have shitty KB/M controls, and use the Xbox prompts.

PC is literally becoming a console, and no one seems to notice.
>>
>>321003654
>Many games are locked at 1080p, many games are capped at 60FPS
what, just wrong

>you need at least a quadcore CPU to actually run games
yeah technology moves forward, what does this have to do with consoles? they don't even have quad cores

>you need 4GB of VRAM and 16 GB of system RAM for newer games
depends on the games and with the popularity of texture streaming, you're just flat out wrong. 8GB RAM will do you fine and you can still get away with 2GB.

>an nVidia GPU because AMD optimization is nonexistent
again false.

>a single monitor as MANY games do not support more than one
80% of people with multiple monitors don't use them simultaneously to play videogames, you inbred mongoloid. One monitor has the game, the other has a browser or whatever the fuck they want.
>>
File: stimp.jpg (40 KB, 514x459) Image search: [Google]
stimp.jpg
40 KB, 514x459
>>321004018

>Many games are locked at 1080p, many games are capped at 60FPS

Every Japanese console to PC port; MGR is the posterchild of this. A lock on RENDERING RESOLUTION.

>you need at least a quadcore CPU to actually run games

Games are console first, and thus are easy to port to PC. Consoles have 8 cores, and most games assume you have plenty of cores because of it. PC games don't use more than one core anyway, which is especially wasteful.

>you need 4GB of VRAM and 16 GB of system RAM for newer games

Arkham Knight, Black Ops 3, Just Cause 3, Witcher 3, pretty much every next gen game would disagree with you there. :^)

>an nVidia GPU because AMD optimization is nonexistent

Funny, people who always report performance issues on PC games are always using AMD GPUs. You never hear anything from nVidia users unless the game is simply broken.

>a single monitor as MANY games do not support more than one

Then what's the point, then? This very thread is about multi-monitor support IN GAMES, dingus.
>>
>>320999613
>sniped from behind the bezel
>type hacker in chat box
>>
File: 5b0fb2rk.png (80 KB, 739x223) Image search: [Google]
5b0fb2rk.png
80 KB, 739x223
>>321003654
>mfw
>>
>>321004702

>behind the bezel

are you stupid
>>
>>321004525
>Consoles have 8 cores, and most games assume you have plenty of cores because of it. PC games don't use more than one core anyway, which is especially wasteful.

why are you contradicting yourself?

>Every Japanese console to PC port; MGR is the posterchild of this. A lock on RENDERING RESOLUTION.

I don't play, nor care, for japanese PC ports. I played MGR at 1080p and it didn't seem upscaled, so you probably have no idea what you're talking about.

>Arkham Knight, Black Ops 3, Just Cause 3, Witcher 3, pretty much every next gen game would disagree with you there. :^)
You don't need 4GB of VRAM for Witcher 3. Infact, Witcher 3 is the most VRAM-light open world game there is.
Arkham Knight was a mess, didn't even play it. Don't care for CoD, heard it had issues on Intel CPUs, didn't care for JC3 either, so I can't talk for them. But, again, even if they require 4GB, what's wrong with this?

>Funny, people who always report performance issues on PC games are always using AMD GPUs.
[quotation needed]

>Then what's the point, then? This very thread is about multi-monitor support IN GAMES, dingus.
most games support multi-monitor, retard. Just not a lot of people use it.

I know I'm replying to bait, by the way.
>>
>>321000416
Isn't that Vega's old old setup?
>>
>>320999850
With just 3 monitors, and a 1/4" bezel and the side monitor's bezels behind the center one, I hardly notice it. I mostly use it for the extra peripheral vision in first person games.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.