[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
KINGDOM HEARTS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: ds.jpg (416 KB, 1526x694) Image search: [Google]
ds.jpg
416 KB, 1526x694
Is it worth playing these two, or should I just settle for the HD cutscenes in the HD ReMix games? I just started 1.5 last night.
>>
>>320999520
Re: Coded is a lot of fun. Days is trash though, watch the movie version instead.
>>
>>320999520
Both have a shitton of padding but both have some good redeeming parts too.
I'd say it's worth experiencing them at least once.
Days plays just like KH1 in terms of mechanics but it has a fuckton of padding and redoing the same levels with minor alterations.
Re:Coded is a slightlly worse version of Birth By Sleep in terms of gameplay with some cool gimmick mechanic to each world but it has non-existant story.

Personally I played both and saw the HD cutscenes in HD Remixes and felt like the HD cutscenes don't show nearly enough to make you care, especially regarding Days where they don't even show any of the fight scenes and some of the endgame ones are really emotional.
>>
>>320999520
Re:Coded is worth a playthrough, but you should still watch the Movie version for the extra scenes.
>>
>>320999520
The payoff of Days is better if you actually play it, but it's an investment
>>
>>321000051
They didn't even show the Saix fight IIRC. That was a shame
>>
Uh, have you played Re:Chain of Memories? That's pretty important, and it's a really fun game.
>>
>>321001510
What does COM have to do with anything?
>>
>>321002227
Because he's showing only Days and coded like they're the only relevant spin offs or whatever I guess.
>>
>>320999520
358/2 days has the unique mission mode, where you can play as any organization member including Xemnas as well as Donald, Goofy, and Mickey.
>>
>>321002559
I suppose you're right. COM is pretty underrated.
>>
At the very least, play 358/2.
>>
days is alright. has a lot of filler missions, but has good bosses and i like the panel system. story is solid by its own merits but basically irrelevant to the overarching plot. if you're not that bothered by filler missions i'd recommend it.

coded has cool mechanics but has way too many boss fights that forego them for some shitty attempt at genre-breaking. story is ass, too. not a big fan.
>>321002559
he's only showing them because he bought the HD remixes and is wondering if he should go and get the actual game versions. he's not asking about COM because the full game is in 1.5.
>>
As other said I only asked about the DS games because they only have HD Movies in the ReMix games. The others are fully playable.

A questions about 325/2 Days. Are these filler missions essential, or can I skip them like in MGSV? People say MGSV is repetetive, but you could actually just do all the main missions in Chapter 1 and then do nothing but Side-Ops for Chapter 2 until you unlock the final missions and true end.
>>
>>321004519
Pretty sure the filler missions are just extra.
Then again, even the main missions felt like filler
>go collect these randomly scattered balls
Uh why?
>because uhhhh plot

Re:Coded was so much better with this shit.
>>
>>321004694
Ok. So if I just stick the the main missions it won't feel as repetitive/padded? I tpyically don't play extra, 100% games anyways. I just like to run straight through.
>>
Is it true that the 1.5 HD Remix version of the Days "Movie" butchers the ending?

I never had a DS so I never got to play Days.
>>
>>321004984
>it won't feel as repetitive/padded?
"AS" is the keyword. It still very much is a slog to get through, with the best moments being few and far between. My favorite part was the Xion fight, and I felt like that was the only thing worth the price of admission.
>>321005003
I don't know how. It's pretty much the same.
>>
>>321005003
You can get a DS and the game for like ~$40 now.
>>
>>321002559
Because CoM is playable on 1.5 you fucking retard
>>
>>321005204
I've never paid more than $15 for a handheld.
>>
>>321005203
I see. Well, if I can find em for ~$10 I'll bite.
>>
>>321004984
there's still "reconnaisance" missions where all you do is go to a world and examine points of interest, which as far as i can tell are universally derided. to be honest i haven't played days since release so i don't quite know how prevalent these are in a straight run through of the game.
>>
>>321005640
Worst mission is that mandatory stealth mission.
>>
>>320999694
KH2 > KH1 > 3D > Days > BBS > Re:Coded > Re:CoM
>>
Days is terrible. Hardly worth playing.
>>
>>321007326
Is your shit taste supposed to trigger me?
>>
>>320999694
Idea for Days was cool. I really dig the idea of playing as the org members but it was executed so poorly
>>
>>320999694
Days is bad but it has the saddest ending cutscene of any game ever
>>
>>320999520
I just want another spin off with CoM's card system, it was fun as fuck and also super different.
>>
Why don't people like CoM? I feel like it's criminally underrated.
>>
>>321012316
Everyone loves COM.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.