[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's that game coming along?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (7 KB, 676x246) Image search: [Google]
image.png
7 KB, 676x246
How's that game coming along?
>>
Eat. Consume. Die.
>>
File: 10231560546046.png (150 KB, 2000x2810) Image search: [Google]
10231560546046.png
150 KB, 2000x2810
I have no idea.
>>
File: AYZcXTm.jpg (73 KB, 800x516) Image search: [Google]
AYZcXTm.jpg
73 KB, 800x516
just played The Beginner's Guide.. and well, just.. fuck.. I don't know anymore
>>
>>320999013
Pretty good, I've taken a break for a few months but I think I've almost got all the weapon lines down; should be close to having a greybox soon I hope
>>
I recently just found out how easy Game Maker is and came up with this plan:

>write game with earthbound-type humor and cutesy designs
>code intro and hub area with a little tutorial area with programmer art as placeholders
>use money saved up to hire pixel artist to make the game look pretty as well as make logos etc.
>hire musician known for making catchy tunes to create a few songs for the game so far as well
>code basic website with html skills
>find out how much it'll cost to get pixel art and music done for the whole game
>launch a Kickstarter asking for the combination of the two quotes plus barely enough to live for two years
>use family's viral marketing company to make the kickstarter known
>release what you have so far as a demo to increase credibility
>research what press sites usually cover pixelshit games of this nature and send them press kits
>then send press kits to the more mainstream ones
>slowly log onto the 10+ reddit accounts that i have been posting on for three months ahead of the kickstarter and use them to further market the game
>make sure to make rewards non-physical so i don't have to deal with that shit
>once kickstarter succeeds immediately pay out the pixel artist and sound guy to start on the stuff
>already have most shit coded from demo so all have to do is create the areas, cutscenes, and moves
>use family marketing company again when the game releases and rake in dosh

Chance of success?
>>
>>321001034
You need to put in something really controversial so it gets free marketing but sounds good my man.
>>
>>321001259
I was thinking of writing in a twist like 3/4th of the way in to generate buzz.
>>
It's coming along terribly because I can't summon the motivation to work on it right now.
>>
>>321001034
Even with good marketing its hard to pull off.

When it comes to dosh being the ultimate goal, making the game is the easiest part. Its getting the word out and getting people to play it that is a bitch.
Stuff like undertale isn't an accident. Toby spend years making games, being involved in online communities, and building a reputation. He already had a decent amount of notoriety in a niche group by the time his kickstarter went up. That gave him a pretty good advantage.
>>
File: 1446123970345.png (21 KB, 320x216) Image search: [Google]
1446123970345.png
21 KB, 320x216
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/102567447/match3b-Default-1.0.0.3.rar

Got the gameplay working, including a rank-based timer and a drag/drop system. There's still things to include, like character sprites and sfx and saving scores - after that I can move onto the VN/point-and-click parts of the game. One of the benefits of starting a lot of projects is that you often create stuff you can salvage for a later game, like Ace Attorney-style textboxes. So it'll be fun to relearn the spaghetti code from that project.
>>
>>321002116
The sound guy I was looking at has a reputation and a fairly big following.
>>
File: HighresScreenshot00008.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
HighresScreenshot00008.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
bank from trigger spree
>>
Ideas guy here.
How about a JRPG where we have a teenager who becomes the chosen one and is destined to go on an adventure with his trusty katana.
Sounds good 'ight?
>>
>>320999325
oh no a gay walking sim with no effort put into it makes you want to give up

ok i started off sarcastic, but now i get ya, why try when some fucker is going to make some no effort garbage with wacky narration and holding w
>>
nah
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.