[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Underrail
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: build.jpg (310 KB, 440x1476) Image search: [Google]
build.jpg
310 KB, 440x1476
Going in completely bilnd, how much have I fucked up here.
I aim to go for a melee with knives, sneaky, stealy and persuasive guy, maybe a bit of psi after I know more about it.

Underrail thread I guess.
>>
>>320985430
Stop adverting your shitty game faggot
>>
>>320985430
I'd suggest you learn throwing. Life without grenades will be tough. Also I'd recommend going hacking over lockpicking.
>>
>>320986104
I plan to use psi as my ranged backup, are grenades really that essential?
>>
I would like to thank the anon who helped me out with GMS level 2 yesterday. You really saved me a lot of frustration.
>>
>>320985739
wtf this isnt me why am i seeing myself here
>>
>>320985430
If you want to be a stealthy stabber, you probably want Tailoring as your main crafting skill instead of Biology. It will be easier to make light armor with the specific bonuses you need that way.
>>
>>320987437
Which feat would be better in this case, skinner or clothier?
Will I not regret not having doctor since as melee guy I'll take quite some unavoidable damage.
>>
>>320985739

I think it's less a case of the developer shilling and more the idiots at the RPG Codex trying to push their latest le incline ;D ;D ;D meme game.
>>
>>320986571
At least get something like 15-20 points later on so you could savescum for desired outcome. The thing with this game is that there is a lot of melee "pack hunting" monsters who surround and rape you with the bonus damage. Burrowers being the worst.
This won't be a problem for heavy armor though.
>>
>>320985430
It should work, but you will have hard time against heavily armored enemies.

Stats really don't matter all that much as long as you fulfill feats requirments.

>I aim to go for a melee with knives, sneaky
The make sure you can get this:
http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Cut-Throat

Pretty much a backstab ability.

Also everything that helps you bypass armor, be it by getting higher per hit damage or by bleeding wounds is going to be useful.
Also consider getting a few points into mechanics to make your own knives.
>>
>>320987778
I'd say Skinner. That being said, Doctor is definitely a good idea, so no reason not to have that 15 in Biology. No need for more, though. Out of your skills Pickpocketing is by far the most useless, but the one I'd really reconsider if I were you is Thought Control. If you only want to invest in a single Psi skill, Psychokinesis is by far the most useful for a melee build.
>>
>>320988518
Also, get a few points into throwing to use flashbangs.

Anyone hit by them is going blind so you can re-stealth.
>>
>>320988518
>>320988530
>>320988817

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input.
>>
>>320985430
It's doable but your stat spread sucks. Strength scales melee damage. Perception is wasted if you're not using guns, the amount of hidden shit you'll miss is negligible. Int only provides a bonus to your tech skills and increases Psi regen so you probably have too much if you're not doing a lot of tech or psi.

Pickpocketing isn't worth it, at all thus. Ninja looter is totally worthless.

3 Con is probably doable (from what I've seen so far). But every combat encounter is going to require a lot of planning, trades and nades. I highly recommend getting some pig leather gear ASAP as it provides a boost to con that will literally save your life until you can get an energy shield.
>>
>>320989309

But anon, I was told every build is viable and this is just like playing Fallout 1, Fallout 2, Deus Ex, Bloodlines, and Jagged Alliance 2 all for the first time at once!
>>
>>320989040
Remember that many enemies are going to be sneaky knife users as well, so if you don't see them first you will probably endu up dead.

High Perception, high steath skill, motion tracking goggles and Paranoia feat all increase your chances of you finding them before they find you.

>>320989309
>Perception is wasted if you're not using guns
It's not really wasted because shit perception means he will have a really hard time against crawlers and cut throats.
>>
>>320989309
>Int only provides a bonus to your tech skills

But muh crafting.
>>
File: axc.jpg (51 KB, 514x604) Image search: [Google]
axc.jpg
51 KB, 514x604
PSI caster here

Just got to Depot A, looking for drill parts, i'm level 9.

I can't possibly defeat the two mutants by the entrance, when they get close they just annihilate me with claws.

I can deal with one probably, but not two.

is my level too low?
>>
>>320989472
Viable isn't the same as good or fun.
>>
>>320989703
No, Depot A is just pretty hard.

>when they get close they just annihilate me with claws
Well then don't let them get close. Caltrops, traps, status effect psi abilities, use whatever you can.
>>
>>320989703
When I went there I couldn't even take one down one on one. Hope you're good at sneaking.
>>
>>320989908
>>320990018

I'm absolute shit at sneaking.

I probably gotta go back to SGS and learn some abilities from ezra and bison.

Cryostasis,tele punch and electrokinesis are good, but can't hold them off forever. And mutants are immune to fear
>>
More like Memerail
>>
File: simplerpg.png (44 KB, 919x629) Image search: [Google]
simplerpg.png
44 KB, 919x629
I still can't figure out how to build my character
>>
>>320990257
Bear traps and caltrops are really useful, even if you are absolute shit at traps/throwing.

At this point in the game you are so weak you need to use every option you have.
>>
>>320990641
>I posted it again lel
>>
>>320990693
Alright anon thanks i need some traps

It's gonna be an ecstasy when i finally beat those green cunts
>>
>>320990641
What's this?
> TV/VCR repair
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.