[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck happened? This was hyped to hell and back but then
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 1424493200844.png (1 MB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
1424493200844.png
1 MB, 1200x675
What the fuck happened? This was hyped to hell and back but then it came out and it just completely fell off the radar.
>>
Has none of the fun stuff from the originals. It's pretty, but that's it.
>>
>>320979334
>This was hyped to hell and back
By who besides a few Redditors that played devils advocate and cried for the poor DICE devs?
>>
File: freedom.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
freedom.webm
3 MB, 960x540
Gameplay.

>no roll
>gunplay is as shallow as standing around and blasting at each other
>albeit, without classes every character has basically infinite range -- even because the ordinary blasters are OP
>sniper for any class, infinite grenades x2
>shallow vehicle play with automatic CDs instead of stamina (it's like QTE vs. action gameplay)

No roll, no buy.
>>
>>320979478
By EA and Dice?
>>
Battlefront should have been what Pandemic set out to do. Dice should have looked at what was left of their project and expanded upon it instead of trashing it and creating a skin mod.
>>
>>320979334
>his was hyped to hell
what?
>>
It looks flawed as all hell

>Class based system removed
>No based Geonosis
>No rolling
>Vehicles are powerups instead of physical vehicles
>No space battles

But it looks fun enough for me to casually hop on and off after work etc. Here's hoping my gf picks it up for me for Christmas. Wouldn't pay for it myself tho.
>>
>>320979754
Battlefront would have been better if it was a skin for Battlefield, because that's what Battlefront was to begin with

right now its nothing like battlefield
>>
>>320979904
>skin for Battlefield
It's like you never even played it. If anything the Battlefront games are massive TF2 battles.
>>
>>320979684
Im pretty sure its because
>consoles
but then they have stuff like bayonette and I think to myself they shoould be able to handle some action on their screens
>>
>>320979334
So glad I didn't buy this shit
>>
>no classes
>no space battles
>no historical accuracy
>no server browsing
>no rolling
>no clone wars
>no good gameplay balance
>no good flight controls
>>
This game is nothing more than a platform for selling Episode 7/8/9 DLC and you know it
>>
>>320980030
Don't forget though, BF and BF2 was on PS2 and PSP.
>>
Because they took such a huge step back almost everywhere even the stupidest of all retards thought it was a waste of money.

Seriously, what did they add to the franchise aside from NEWER GRAFIX N SOUNDZ

how is it possible a much older title had so much more content than the new one?
>>
File: 1449990013718.gif (1 MB, 916x544) Image search: [Google]
1449990013718.gif
1 MB, 916x544
>>320980000
Checd
>>
because it plays like ass, and is dogshit compared to previous installments. honestly a fucking battlefield star wars skin would be better.
>>
It was deliberately designed to be as shallow as possible so as to appeal to the many millions of normalfags seeing the new movie that do not play videogames outside of sports games and Call of Duty.

Even an EA executive admitted the game is shallow and was designed for eight year olds.
>>
>>320979692
what game isnt hyped by the people who need it to sell millions of copes just so they dont loose their jobs? are you literally retarded?
>>
>>320980000

You obviously never played the earlier battlefronts.
>>
>>320979334
Isnt it selling like water tho? I read somewhere it was selling like water.
>>
>>320980564
Still on the Gamefaqs boards for them.
>>
>>320980570
People only have it because it comes with one of the ps4 bundles.
I doubt it's selling that much
>>
What is shocking to me is how much time they spent developing a game as barbones as this.
Considering the fact that Frostbite was already stable, this seems like a 1-1.5 year job at max.
>>
File: 1432188924004.gif (32 KB, 192x256) Image search: [Google]
1432188924004.gif
32 KB, 192x256
Because EA thought they could get away with selling another mediocre game based on hype.

And they did, the smug bastards
>>
>>320979334
It was such garbage that even casuals called it too simplified. The only good thing about that game is its graphics.
>>
multiplayer only makes it automatically shit to me. I'm very cautious when it comes to those games. I don't want to buy a multiplayer only game that would die so quick, it would take a while to get a game going just to shoot shit. It would have been cool if they had single player battles like the previous battlefront games had.

It's also unable to be modded which is a huge let down for pcfags.
>>
>>320979334
battlefront fans hate it
star wars fans hate it
fps fans hate it
casuals hate it

the only people who like it are the "star wars fans" who only come out when the new movie is coming out who think this game is the most accurate shit ever.

It gets basic plot points of the movies wrong, it has horrible gameplay and it is dull as fuck.

When youtubbers are bad mouthing your game and saying they are moving back to an older, game your game is ass.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.