[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I popular now /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: main.png (288 KB, 461x469) Image search: [Google]
main.png
288 KB, 461x469
Am I popular now /v/?
>>
File: AC_Isabelle_Figure_4943213_lrg.jpg (29 KB, 356x480) Image search: [Google]
AC_Isabelle_Figure_4943213_lrg.jpg
29 KB, 356x480
In 8 years when Smash NX is coming around and Bayonetta's popularity increased people will ask this, "Was Bayonetta iconic enough to be in Smash or was Smash the reason Bayonetta became more iconic?"
>>
I thought Bayonetta 1 sold pretty decently.
>>
>>320973557
Bayonetta wasn't half as talked-about as Dante, or even Donte. Even if the latter of those two was for being pathetic, people still start up frequent discussions about him. Most threads with Bayo use her as a proxy for statements about women in games, a NEVER EVER cudgel, or as a testament to Kamiya's fuck-you style. The character herself is just sort of there.

Whether or not I get her will depend entirely on the music they choose for her stage. Umbra Throne and Call Me Father would be a yes, Fly Me and Moon River would be a no.
>>
>>320975006
check her reveal trailer or the direct, they show all the music when talking about the stage
>>
>>320974190
And Bayo 2 already outsold the 360 version and it didn't need to hit the bargain bin to sell copies.
>>
>>320975006
What would it take for Bayonetta to overshadow Dante?
>>
>>320975594
She already is. Dante isn't even relevant anymore and DmC killed the franchise.
>>
>>320973557
More popular than you were before.
>>
>>320975594
As much as I like Dante, he has a very autistic following, and Bayo doesn't, so pretty much never.
>>
>>320975594
Well, putting her in more-visible games is a start. Maybe >>320973998 is right, Smash might help her gain popularity through the back door. It would be interesting to see what Platinum would do with her then.
>>
Bayonetta you mystery
>>
>>320973998
Was ness popular enough for Smash 64?
>>
>>320978417
I believe it is referring to third party characters.
Also wasn't Earthbound a success in Japan?
I hear Itoi is a celebrity there
>>
>>320978417
No, but Earthbound 64 was being developed so they put him in as advertising for that.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.