[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HELP; MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: 1940894.jpg (158 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1940894.jpg
158 KB, 1920x1080
How would you remake Dark Souls 1, given the option?
Obviously a graphics upgrade would be nice, but what about balance and the weaker 2nd half of the game?
Lets say you're able to add new areas to the game, as well as NPCs and enemies, but you can't make any drastic changes to the flow of the game.

for example, I think I'd include something between the lord souls and Gwyn, perhaps just expanding the Kiln of the First Flame into a proper level with a boss new boss. Since the big guy is pretty easy - for plot reasons I assume - this last boss would be more like a real final boss.
I think another optional area like the DLC would be good - expanding on the lore, maybe taking you far away (spatially, not temporally as in Oolacile) to see part of the wider picture.
>>
>remake
>dark souls
i wouln't because i'm not a fucking retard who remakes a game not even 10 years old
>>
>How would you remake Dark Souls 1

I wouldn't.
>>
>Dark Souls remake
The fuck? It doesn't need one you child. Demons Souls on the other hand.
>>
I'd remove everything post anor lando because it's shit
>>
>>320963562
demon's souls doesn't need a third remake
>>
>>320963709
>>320963804
>>320963831
I'm not suggesting this actually happen.
It's just that a lot was left out of the game and rushed, but it was still fundamentally enjoyable.
I'm asking how you'd improve on it.
>>
>>320963836
>Kill the Iron Golem
>Game ends

Weeee
>>
Expanded areas and better designed boss fights for every area post Lordvessal.
>>
>>320963975
>after
>>
They shouldn't touch anything before anor londo at all.

It should just be fixing all the rushed areas to be much better, no more fields of taurus/capra demons, no more fucking bed of chaos, no more bugged dragon ass that stands up when you jump attack, no more developer messages on the invisible walkways etc

Some better achievements would be nice too
>>
>>320963961
you already know the answer
fix the game post o&s
>>
>Finally starts playing Dark Souls
>It's hard alright, mainly because I haven't touched a controller in year and never played with one from Mikcrosoft, but I get by
>Find out about Solaire, think I'm going to join the Warrior of Sunlight because they looks cool
>Looks up how to do it online
>Put all my point in Faith
>Join the Warriors
>Get a magic spell one-shotting 95% of the enemies in the game and two-shotting the rest besides the boss
>Only other spell I got is the healing Miracle.
>Try not to abuse it (except when I got pissed off at the last Hydra's head that kept hitting the ground too far from me to reach it and 360 noscope headshotted it with my condensated Zeus's jizz)
>Get to the Iron Golem
>Tired as fuck from the fortress
>Didn't find the shortcut at the time
>After 5 tries, my sword breaks
>Fuck it
>Kill it in 2 minutes with my ten spells.

Forgive me for I am a shitter.
>>
>>320964609
Yeah, but how?
That's why I asked how'd you'd remake it, not what you thought was wrong.
>>
File: 10int.png (165 KB, 303x311) Image search: [Google]
10int.png
165 KB, 303x311
>>320963562
Just have artists, game designers and beta testers spend enough time on rest of the game.

Really.
That's all it should take.

That is exactly what was not done.
>>
The most obvious change I would implement is making the lord soul are enemies more challenging. Why does a darkwraith have fucking five moves and die to one riposte? That shit's ridiculous. It's the same everywhere you go.
>>
>>320964623
Lots of things in game have weakness to thunder actually. Not like the Golem should be a very difficult boss I guess.
>>
>>320965181
The darkwraiths can fuck your shit up good if you're careless. Most of the time when people are killing them they're wearing gold serpent ring to get chunks/slabs, so you can't have much poise since everyone uses RoFaP in other slot and havels/wolf becomes unavailable.
>>
File: marvellous-chester-large.jpg (73 KB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
marvellous-chester-large.jpg
73 KB, 600x336
>>320965390
>not just wearing light armor all the time for dem ninja flips
Chester's Set for life
>>
What do you expect from DaS3 ?
>>
File: 1442812352673.gif (1 MB, 370x207) Image search: [Google]
1442812352673.gif
1 MB, 370x207
>>320963562
Remove the lord vessel.
Redesign all of the endgame areas to compensate.
Completely redo lost Izalith.
Completely redo Bed of Chaos.
Actually finish Ash lake and make the great hollow less annoying.
>>
>>320965181
This reminds me of the situation in the catacombs.
It was meant to be a fairly early part of the game - I suppose you're meant to go in and get the Rite and then come back later for Nito, but that was changed for some reason, possibly because getting out was so hard - especially if you continue down in the tomb of the giants, so the buffed the skeletons to keep you out. This is why Pinwheel is so easy - he wasn't buffed with the skeletons!
It would be pretty interesting to have the catacombs as an early level if they threw in some sort of escape mechanism, like a short cut through to Blighttown.
>>
>>320965709
For it to combine what made DaS1 good while bringing over the few improvements DaS2 made without carrying over the negatives.
>>
>>320965841
Blighttown isn't that early either.
>>
>>320965841
That makes sense. It would also explain why it's accessible from the very start.
>>
>>320965841
Well, they later patched the game so you get a homeward bone after killing any boss right? If they just did that during development they wouldn't have needed to buff the skeletons.
>>
>>320965936
It's considerably earlier than when you'd normally go through the catacombs.
You could go through the catacombs instead of the depths, for a bit of variety.
>>
Blight town, The forest, dukes, new londo and lost izalith all suck massive dick. Uniteresting and a slog to get through, with some of the worst bosses in the game(Sif, seath, bed of chaos, 4kings).

Besides that, i would also remake the online, because its a laggy, glitchy piece of shit. Its seriously a joke, and its not even a fun one. Would probably introduce a way for low levels to not be invaded by twinks with endgame gear, so low level pvp can actually be a thing again. If you have a sign down, people with friendly phantoms cant summon you

Make it so that you can parry no matter how far away a weapon is so you can actually deal with the spear faggots online. I would remove dark magic as well, and shit like crystal magic weapon. I would make some of the miracles more useful, even if its just for pve shit

Many of the weapon classes have one clear best option, and the reast are just a worse version, so i would fix that as well. Remove the mother/father/son masks.

Would make dex weapons less powerful.

Im sure there more but cant be assed to think of all the promblems the game had. Maybe make ninja flip ring 50% again just so the game isnt a snails pace.
>>
>>320966581
I think Grass Crest shield also needs fixing along with the masks.
If the benefits were reduced considerably, they'd be all right.
>>
>>320966878
Yeah thats a good idea, or atleast nerf the shield itself.
>>
File: 1416008744062.jpg (44 KB, 273x273) Image search: [Google]
1416008744062.jpg
44 KB, 273x273
>graphics before gameplay
>ever

You are cancer
>>
>>320963562
Well I'd skip entirely on the story. Save some cash since I wouldn't have to pay writers. Then I'd just have one of the testers goto 4chan and start threads about it and tell blatant lies about how not a buggy mess it is and pocket the ad money.

Then I'd release it digitally on steam and say no sales ever and collect mad profit because fuck the customer. I'd also have a no refund policy ever.

Basically I would ea the game and let you autists sell the game for me because you're that stupid.
>>
So I just got this estoc sword from that Hollow guy In Sen's Fortress. I mainly went for a clueless Sword+Shield run but I thought it looked cool how the fight kept me on the edge.

Can I reset my stats or do I have to suck it and put all my future levels in DEX ? Is there even any point in going for that kinda build ?
>>
>>320963562
-Finish Oscar's questline.
-Devise a method to scout out the capra demon before entering the fog gate.
-Give Black Knights a patrolling route.
-Flesh out the Chaos covenant, to make it's the purpose the spread of chaos. Effectively you're supposed to inflict others with egghead status.
-Finish Shiva's questline.
-Extend ash lake, so half of it is the normal route with the Hydra encounter. And then the second half takes place insides a heavily tree-rooted area. Maze like. Leading to the Everlasting dragon like normal. Also, give the dragon covenant bonfire a special warp function.
-Give the castle portion of Anor Londo more enemy types.
-Make a covenant for the painted world, where Priscilla tasks you to protect her and the world.
>>
>>320967548
You mean Richard's Rapier? It's an alright sword.
You will unfortunately have to suck it up. There's no stat reallocating in this game.

The three strike attack it has is pretty useful for deal a lot of damage in a quick burst. So if you buff it, and then the special attack on bosses, you can do a lot of damage.

Generally, you don't want to hide behind your shield too much. Because if you learn the game, then you almost don't need a shield. The shield gives you a sense of safety. But it's slow in action, and slow in teaching you how to play the game well. Especially when it comes to PvP, because no one is fooled by a damn rapier.

It's mostly an aesthetic weapon, with workable damage output. But nothing special. If your strength is already in the twenties, then I would suggest going with a heavier weapon. Unless you really like the feel of this sword.
>>
>>320969840
Yeah, I'm going to drop the shield, I'm getting bad habits out of it.
>>
>>320967052
Nobody has mentioned graphics, other than the obvious statement that better graphics would be good.
>>
>>320968971
>-Give Black Knights a patrolling route.
Weren't black knights meant to be a more complicated part of the game? They would move all over the map and chase you down for ages.
>>
>>320971021
A small, situational shield never hurt. And a super resilient greatshield can be fun as fuck for PvP, if you like feeling invincible.
>>
>>320971382
Yes. That's what I want.
>>
>>320963562
it would definitely not be a shit port locked at fucking 720p30fps and somehow manages to still run like shit.
>>
>>320971423
>>320971021
>PvP
Meant PvE!
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.