[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
should i play this again? i played this quite a bit in the past
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: tf2.jpg (154 KB, 600x339) Image search: [Google]
tf2.jpg
154 KB, 600x339
should i play this again? i played this quite a bit in the past but i got sick of the long load times, over-nerdy theme/items, and untradable free items. has it improved at all? last time i played it was a year and a half ago.

general TF2 thread
>>
>long load times
specs? they aren't long.
>over-nerdy items
i think it's possible to mod them out
>untradable free items
what?
>>
>Long load times
Most recent patch fixed the load times, loads way faster and runs better. A whole lot of fucking bloat over a couple of years will do that to you.

>Over-nerdy theme/items
Not sure what you mean by that, but for the most part people have stopped wearing hats that look like shit/are rare and just wear stuff that looks cool.

>Untradable free items
I think you can delete them

Also they've been putting out shitloads of balance patches to try and balance the game. It's never perfect, but they're at the very least trying.
>>
>>320964002
>but for the most part people have stopped wearing hats that look like shit/are rare and just wear stuff that looks cool.
"no"
>>
Valve servers are stompfests

Dedicated servers are shit lord that disable/ban x tactic or x weapon because they are a bunch of crybabies that hat when their main gets countered.

VSH forces tou to play like a total pussy or you don't get to play for 6 minutes.

Overall game Is still alright,but approach carefully.
>>
if you are on pubstomper level you can try out lobbies/comp.
>>
Soldier is still blatantly OP. After 9 years too
>>
>>320964483
Hopefully It would of been worth the weight.
>>
>>320964002
my pc takes long times to start the game. im sure its because of my low specs but still.

even if i can just delete them, id like to do something useful with them and the crafting stuff is to complicated for me to understand so i have an inventory of shit
>>
>>320964002
i would at least enjoy getting like 5cents for stuff and get like a dollar off everything lol
>>
>>320965451
>the crafting stuff is to complicated for me to understand
what the fuck
>>
>>320964483
Reminder that Demoman used to be the single most retardedly OP class that I can think of in any game ever, and it took them about 7 years of agonizingly slow and minor nerfs to get him to an acceptable level.
>>
>>320966457
And yet soldier remains untouched
>>
>>320966280
yeah. the stuff that uses the refined metal and scrap metal. shows how much i know about it
>>
>>320966457
Everyone was OP before desu,that's what compensated It.

Pisswhacka
Puff n sting
Unnerfed equalizer
Immortality dead ringer

You name It.
>>
>>320962487
Why don't you just play it and form your own opinion on its current state.
>>
>>320967331
pisswhacka was and is ok
>>
>>320966457
remember when he had 6 grenades in the grenade launcer
>>
>>320966457
reminder that this game has been a joke since 2009-10
>>
>>320967752
at least it's a good joke
>>
>>320967438
if it still sucks i dont want my day to be worse i guess haha and id rather have advice. the game is so complicated in its own ay and new people like me cant really get into it based off my experience. the game itself if way uneven and hard, i just want to see if they changed the game and its more fon or at least different or if its still the same ol' shit stain it was a year ago
>>
>>320967837
Was, you mean.
>>
File: Comparison Pyros.jpg (226 KB, 2560x720) Image search: [Google]
Comparison Pyros.jpg
226 KB, 2560x720
>>320962487

It's a decent game. If you haven't been there for a while there are a huge variety of maps and new items to play around with.

Unfortunately the themed cosmetics are still here, but there's a lot more to choose from now.

I'll ask you guys, which pyro set do you like more? The set with the Filamental or the one with my Facemask?
>>
>>320967947
nah it still is
>>
File: 1442136166808.jpg (66 KB, 480x509) Image search: [Google]
1442136166808.jpg
66 KB, 480x509
>>320967837
how come no one is laughing?
>>
>>320968086
because you aren't listening
>>
i just want games to be like how they where when i was 6 :(
>>
>>320968086
Thanks for proving my point >>320964172
>>
>>320968332
meant to quote >>320967975 first
>>
>>320964172
what people wear is not whats wrong with the game. im not to worried about what the game looks like, i just want a fun a easily understandable game. i think CS GO is good and Battlefield is awesome but TF2 is just a clusterfuck on stress and confusion
>>
>>320968541
>TF2 is just a clusterfuck of confusion
At first, yes. The new game modes like Pass time or Mannpower are pretty weird at first, but you get used to them pretty quickly, at least I did.

Its one of those games where you get used to everything over time
>>
is it even possible to have a good K/D without spending $10000? and why is every unlockable weapon worse than the default weapons? are taunts really necessary? also..... HOW DOES THE CRAFTING STUFF WORK??????
>>
>>320968541
> is just a clusterfuck on stress and confusion
'less casual' is a better fitting phrase
>>
>>320968794
TF2 is not known for being a comp game so i feel like casual i a good phrase for the game
>>
>>320968793

Yes. Stock Weapons are generally seen as the best items in the game. The other items are mostly there for situational use or personal preference.

It's harder without a good team. I'd say play some pubs and add people you play well with.
>>
>>320968883
and cod is known for a good multiplayer, that doesn't make it true
>>
i feel like everyone is pretty unsure about this game so i have concluded to wait another year to play it and see if its any good then. right now (a year ago) this game was a joke and hunk of shit. ill try it again in the future but im just not happy with it now. i was just wondering because im bred with the few games i have now and i dont have money to get an more but whatever
>>
>>320962487
I like to come back once or twice a year, when I have a bit more time for myself and I'll just play, have fun and forget about it two weeks later.
>>
>>320969018
>melee wepons of Soldier,Pyro,Heavy,Medic and Demo
>Shot gun sucks on Heavy
>Rescue ranger Is best Engineer Primary
>Spycicle Is superior to knife most of the Time

Nope.
>>
>>320969234
cod is known for being debatable. tf2 is not really even known anymore. i dont care about facts i just wanna play a fun game
>>
>>320969472
this is true and yeah this is what i like doing
>>
ok im getting off
>>
File: DreddHeavy.jpg (116 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
DreddHeavy.jpg
116 KB, 1280x720
>>320969512

>Generally

Reading comprehension not your strong suit, eh?

Yes, there are exceptions. Also, shot gun can be decent on Heavy. I use the Family Business for example.
>>
>>320969996
The shotguns are fun to use but there really is no reason to use them when sandvich exists.
>>
>>320968793
a gentle reminder that tf2 isn't about the k/d and that you can play for hundreds of hours without stealing your mother's credit card, everybody wins
>>
>>320969996
Mobile and Ogre hands don't make a good combo.

Shotty heavy Is indeed pretty fun,but I was pointing out that the bullet hole filling sandvich Is superior in most cases.
>>
Any of you guys switched to detonator since the update? I'm switching between it and the shotgun depending on the map. I don't really see a reason to use flares anymore.
>>
>>320970410
>>320967975

Yes, I did. I've been experimenting with Detonator jumping on the new maps.
>>
>>320967752
HA GOT EM!
>>
>valve nerfs the warriors spirit even though it needed a buff
if it wasn't for that this update would be perfect
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.