[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any tips for beating Artorias on SL1? My loadout: - Battle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Any tips for beating Artorias on SL1?

My loadout:
- Battle axe fire +10
- Grass Crest shield
- Mask of the child
- Ascended Pyromancy Flame +4
- - Power Within
- Red tearstone ring
>>
>>320954059
Once you learn how to dodge all his attacks he's pretty easy. Just don't let him charge up. Try using power within.

Keep trying, 2 hours max and you'll beat him.
>>
File: Final.jpg (101 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Final.jpg
101 KB, 1280x1024
If you truly want to go Balls To The Wall mode, get yourself cursed before fighting. Equip the Dusk Crown Ring and then unequip it to get yourself down to very low health and use Power Within. Afterward equip the Sanctus Shield from Leeroy's red phantom. Grats, you're now in Red Tearstone Ring health and won't move from it.

Don't go too hard. If you can only get one hit it, get that one hit in and then back off. No use being foolhardy because you thought you could get a cheeky second hit.
>>
>>320954331
>Once you learn how to dodge all his attacks he's pretty easy
Literally every enemy and boss.
>>
>>320954394
>Afterward equip the Sanctus Shield from Leeroy's red phantom.

I've already passed the Tomb. I've gotten all Lord Souls before I began the DLC, so it's unavailable to me now.

>>320954331
That's easier said than done!
>>
One thing that helped me a lot when I was trying to beat his is a greatsword that stunned him during his charge-up animation.
I have no clue if it's an option for SL1. If not, then just undress and keep rolling. He is really fast and drains stamina from blocking very fast so better just dodging.
>>
>>320954059

>having trouble on the easiest boss in the game
>>
>>320954551
Ah, that's unfortunate. Like I said, only if you want to go Balls to the Wall on him with damage. If you plan on going through the other NGs with this character, I recommend grabbing it. That strat has saved me a lot of time and frustration before.

From what I remember he's got super good resistance to all damage so there really isn't anything you can specifically bring in to deal more damage. Focus on dodging and finding his openings. He's pretty open after his large jump attack and after his third spin (assuming he does all three jump spin attacks). Powering up is also a good time to wail on him, but make sure you'll do enough damage to stagger him out of it, and get away after he staggers since he'll probably try to attack you right afterwards. Basically, fight him like normal, but way more cautious.
>>
Switch out battle axe for reinforced club the smaller attack animation will give you better windows for dodging and bleed will offset the loss of damage.
>>
>>320954059
hang on
>>
don't get hit you scrub
>>
Don't get hit.
>>
It might not help since you're allowing elemental weapons and pyromancy which are overpowered as fuck, but one option is to use a crossbow + the leo ring (and power within, and you can set it up so it takes you into red tearstone range).

But since you're allowing pyromancy you can probably just nuke him with great combustion to punish his attacks.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.