[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://hothardware.com/news/skidnp- hacker-group-plots-chris
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: hacked[1].png (456 KB, 1594x662) Image search: [Google]
hacked[1].png
456 KB, 1594x662
http://hothardware.com/news/skidnp-hacker-group-plots-christmas-day-takedown-of-minecraft-and-steam-game-servers
>Last Christmas, so-called hackers at Lizard Squad decided to toy with the emotions of millions. At a time when many people would have been hooking up a brand-new game console (or loading up a new game), both the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live were knocked offline, thanks to an effective DDoS attack. Considering the fact that the same group decided to take PSN down on Black Friday a few weeks ago, it seems the attackers haven't grown bored. With Christmas right around the corner, we can't help but wonder what will happen next.

>So far, there have been no visible threats on PSN or XBL, but Steam and Minecraft are being targeted by a new group desperate for attention. This one goes by the name of SkidNP, and it promises to take down both services over the holiday.

Why do they do it? What cunt wants to spoil Christmas?
>>
http://www.theweek.co.uk/67996/hackers-threaten-to-take-down-playstation-and-xbox-networks-this-christmas
> A hacker group calling themselves "Phantom Squad" is threatening to take down both the Playstation Network and Xbox Live online gaming services this Christmas.
>>
as a dota 2 player. please do take steam down.
>>
>knocking steam servers offline
They don't even need to. All the traffic during a sale does it for them.
>>
>>320953393
>>
>>320955247

That's be funny.

>"okay guys, let's take down those servers!"
>Gabe comes in
>"Wayyyy ahead of you"
>releases the steam sales
>"wow, this guy's good"
>>
Steam servers go offline when they please anyway, people already got used to it
>>
>going after the two servers that go down on their own very often
Steam often kills itself via sales.
Minecraft often kills itself via maintenance or the Mojang Toaster blowing up.
>>
>>320955639
>>320955247
>massive DDoS attack
>totaling in just under 1% of total requests
Yeah, that would be fucking funny.
>>
>>320955639
>This entire post
You know when you make up hypothetical conversation situations in your head, they should really stay there. Nobody thinks your witty, honestly you come off as autistic.
>>
Cringe thread?
>>
>>320956250
Cringe thread.

/thread
>>
File: cringe threads.png (2 MB, 1024x1727) Image search: [Google]
cringe threads.png
2 MB, 1024x1727
>>320956250
>>
>>320953393
>Psn down on black friday
I bought stuff just fine and was playing online. when did this happen
>>
I'd love to see them try and DDoS the plethora of different servers Steam has across the entire globe. Good luck with that one.
The store? I'd be more surprised if it worked even without their skiddie tinkering.
>>
File: asjkbfkvvwrf.jpg (108 KB, 951x733) Image search: [Google]
asjkbfkvvwrf.jpg
108 KB, 951x733
>>320956250
Alright
>>
>>320959026
http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/417990-Popstar%20On%20the%20Prowl

>someone paid 20 bux for a furfag background
>>
>>320959882
I don't think you understand just how much money you can milk out of furries
>>
>Script kiddies attemtping a DDoS
>Hackers

Pick one.
>>
>Steam Sales events basically DDoS Valve when they go live
>"HEY GUIZ WE TOOK DOWN STEAM LAWL xDDD"

quality scriptkiddies
>>
File: sol.png (86 KB, 805x552) Image search: [Google]
sol.png
86 KB, 805x552
>>320956234
I found it pretty funny.

You however, come off as a massive tryhard.

Maybe you should stick to LoL and Counter-strike: Global Offensive forums, as they seem like more your shtick.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.