[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/ doing my college thesis on DRM and was wondering: Now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 6180.jpg (6 KB, 287x200) Image search: [Google]
6180.jpg
6 KB, 287x200
Hey /v/ doing my college thesis on DRM and was wondering:

Now that piracy on pc has become pretty much impossible (thanks to SecuROM), will you start buying more games? If yes, how more likely are you to?
>>
dumb drmposter
>>
>our drm is really uncrackable this time!

You fell for this meme? lol.
>>
>>320947193
obsolete technology.
Games now are pretty much multiplayer only. Rendering DRM useless.
>>
Wasn't SecuROM the one that fucked up your disk drive back in the day?
>>
Name at least one relevant uncracked game.
>>
Are you 12 or something? Every single form of DRM has been broken except for Denuvo, which is only used for shitty games anyway.
>>
>>320947361
That was StarForce.

SecuROM is shit because it's older versions are flat out broken on Windows 10 and you're forced to use no-CD cracks to be able to play said games.
>>
File: logo.png (26 KB, 190x68) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
26 KB, 190x68
Hey /v/ doing my college thesis on DRM and was wondering:

Now that piracy on pc has become pretty much impossible (thanks to Star Force), will you start buying more games? If yes, how more likely are you to?
>>
>>320947464
Ah right, StarForce. What made it fuck up disk drives anyway? I always wondered about it but never followed up on the technical side of things. My old rig's disk drive was permanently fucked because of it.
>>
>>320947661
It used its own drivers for reading from the DVD-ROM drive or some shit and it messed with certain drives and prevented them from being able to burn discs as well.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.