[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>low graphics >everything is bright, low foilage density,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Squad 2015-12-20 21-34-18-60.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Squad 2015-12-20 21-34-18-60.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>low graphics
>everything is bright, low foilage density, enemies are super visible

>high graphics
>nice deep shadows, foliage everywhere, can't see enemies for shit

Which do you pick and why?
>>
>>320945652
>Play Arma 2 on high settings
>Got killed all the fucking time
It took me way too long to realize that people played on low settings with no vegetation, just to get the upper hand in battles.
>>
>>320945652
In a game where foliage can provide actual camouflage, it should be mandatory regardless of settings. Fuck you ARMA, fuck you Squad, fuck you Warthunder
>>
>>320946031
this
why can't devs realize that?
>>
>>320946031
>it should be mandatory regardless of settings
>everyone having good pcs
the dream
>>
>>320945652
High graphics no foilage
>>
>>320945652

Games that don't force an equal level of foliage on everyone are cancer
>>
>>320945652
Lowest for multiplayer. Highest for singleplayer. If I'm playing campaign for a mostly multiplayer focused game then still lowest.
>>
>>320946219
If you're willing to play games like these, yes, you should have a better PC. They demand a better than average anyway. Devs already know that they should prioritize the long-lasting community in these games.
>>
Lowest graphics tweaked in the config file to make all textures a single flat color with no foliage
>>
>>320946219

>game is about immersing yourself in a mil-sim
>let the players turn off all immersion to score more kills

no
>>
>>320946219
This is sadly what the devs have in mind, but the hindsight is so not great. What's the point in making a good looking game if your gameplay encourages you to play on toaster settings? They should make it mandatory to have at least medium or vegetation on, and tell the rest to fuck off and go to PR.
>>
>/a3g/ removes the option to turn off grass in their maps
>makes up bullshit images about how the ai can't see through grass
I'm glad they're dead now.
>>
lmao you're all bullshitters

almost all arma 3 servers (except for zeuses and some players vs ai) and more and more squad servers have FORCED foliage

and it is true, ai is really dumb (it can see you in the grass 50 meters away from it if you are directly crawling at its front). In the night, without night vision, it is not going to notice you even if you're laying down on the ground 3 meters to the side of its field of view, example:

night regular raid mission, a squad of nine russian soldiers are to infiltrate the enemy lines and sabotage enemy radar. one of our guys had an accidental discharge after we've been well behind enemy lines. so the shit goes down, eventually due to dark and not having night vision, we get separated and progress onto the objective separately. our team leader is killed and his radio captured. unaware, I transmit my coordinates to others so that we can regroup and break our march to evade the pursing enemy forces. well, they heard the broadcast and they literally almost run me and another soldier over as they swarm the location I've passed on to the others

ten minutes of laying motionless in the grass in an open field later, and they give up the search and decide to investigate reports of russian stragglers somewhere else
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.