[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is this abomination? >Came out 6 years after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
What the fuck is this abomination?

>Came out 6 years after the franchise peaked with Blood Money

>That linear level structure
>No Jesper Kyd
>No exotic places across the globe levels are only set in bumfuck America
>Irritating characters and a derivative as fuck plot
>>
Preaching to the choir, m8
>>
>focusing on Agent 47's personal story

That's how I knew it was gonna be shit.
>>
They attempted to appeal to casuals with the Instinct Mode, and then further neutered it by trying to make it more like a traditional stealth game with grandmother's footsteps crap and shadow shit.
>>
the next one looks like its going back to roots.
>>
Remember when they tried to replace the voice actor for 47 too?
>>
>>320944136
Not even Hayter could make the shitty plot and writing tolerable
>>
This game is better than blood money, you guys just have your nostalgia goggles on. That story was kick ass and running from the cops was fun, learn to have fun /v/
>>
>>320942750
The disguise system is what fucked this game for me.
>>
>>320942750
just like tomb raider (2013) it would be a tolerable, mindless game if it didn't pretend to belong to canon.

absolution is essentially a hitman game without any hitman aspects: you hardly get to murder anyone in creative ways. about 2/3 of all missions are running away in a fashion that always comes off as comical (guards throughout the game following the sound of a dropped object, than standing above it and staring down for 10 seconds straight so no casual will have a problem taking them out), and i found those missions really annoying.

i did buy it on sale for like 5 bucks, though, and if you can get past the repetitive, boring pure stealth missions (they are not even a real challenge, just an annoyance), you'll get 4 or 5 worthwile maps with a few fun options.

i liked blackwater (one of the last missions), death factory (completely over the top, but they pulled it off) and those chinatown missions were tolerable.
overall it feels nothing like a hitman game, but who would honestly expect devs to stay true anymore? virtually every oldschool franchise has been gutted, so i'm not even angry. i paid 5 bucks and got about 5 good missions, i'm fine with that.

P.S.: i skipped all the videos, so i only have a vague idea what the game was about, even though i got almost all challenges and beat it on purist
>>
>>320942750
Look on the bright side: at least it wasn't Thi4f.
>>
I hope the next one will be good. Or at least tolerable.
>>
>>320945575
Jesus fucking christ, what is with this board and Hayter worship. He is the definition of an average/mediocre voice actor. I seriously don't get the hype around this guy.
>>
>>320946225
>mmm that worker #21 who stands on the other side of the map and turned his back to me doesn't look like worker #21, shoot him, fucking shoot him now.

It was such a shit show.
>>
>>320948270
to be fair: even hitman 1 was like that at some points. you'd enter a room and despite an appropriate disguise you were being shot at within seconds.

it was also ridiculously easy to avoid this even on purist by just pressing ctrl for 2 seconds whenever you're too close.
>>
>>320948478
Hitman 1 is also 15 years old. No excuse for Absolution to pull this shit.
>>
>>320948478
What stopped them from making it like in SA? Level design itself? They don't spot you in instant but if you stay near them for half a minute or so, they will recognise you, but in Absolution it's ridiculous, 3 seconds and you are done.
>>
>>320948602
true. i was just pointing out that this feature is not exactly un-canon though.

and you have to admit that gameplay itself doesn't evolve much anymore. gameplay-wise, most other shooters and stealth games are basically like they were 15 years ago. the only things that really stuck were bullet-time and the cheat button aka instinct mode (no idea what its called in thief and tomb raider).
>>
It was pretty good, if disguises weren't so fucking broken it would be great actually, even though the story is fucked.
at least they didn't actually kill diana off
>>
>>320949043
i think they never meant to make this a "realistic" or "authentic" feature.

absolution is overall a much more comical, oversaturated game than the older ones. what they were going for, imo, is just an attempt to make getting through the level more interesting:

instead of just having to sneak past people, you always have this rock-paper-scissors-like disguise system going where each disguise only works against certain people and the other (counter)-group is always around in some way or the other.

it didn't really work, i agree on that part, but it also didn't annoy me a lot, because i bought that this game was trying to be realistic in any way and didn't expect such things (hence why i didn't even bother to watch the videos - the few seconds i saw while skipping were enough to convince me they were absolute shit).
>>
>>320948478
All the Hitman did that, all except Blood Money which was the easiest one.
Absolution made it worse because they spot you out of nowhere, while in the other games you had to be face face or run like crazy
>>
>>320948223
>muh shitty snake voice
>>
>>320942750
>No exotic places across the globe levels are only set in bumfuck America

That's what pissed me off the most. Your targets were literal LITERAL retarded hillbillys. Hitman hit new depths with this one but the new one might offer it some redemption.
>>
fuck you I liked it
>>
>>320952256
also: on every difficulty level (even purist), every possible manipulation is being shown.

when you randomly come across a poison, the icon will have an exclamation mark, automatically telling you that it's a "hidden" kill option.

i loved blood money where you could try stuff out and the game gave you no clues ("wait i can use my syringe on objects? didn't that guy leave a wine glass around ... ?").
this way finding out all possible ways to kill someone is being reduced to the chore of just having to run around a tiny map, no thinking involved - they game will tell you when something's important...
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.