[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi, you're looking at the best 3d sonic game. If you think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: sa2b.jpg (60 KB, 695x528) Image search: [Google]
sa2b.jpg
60 KB, 695x528
Hi, you're looking at the best 3d sonic game. If you think otherwise then you're just fucking wrong.
>>
File: consider the following.jpg (139 KB, 824x691) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.jpg
139 KB, 824x691
Well, I don't think you're the best, but good. I did find your Tails/Eggman's stages terribly boring and your Knuckles/Rouge's levels being good but somewhat worse than the Knuckles's stages from SA1, but other than that, the rest was fine.

I would love another sequel, as long the characters are organized like SA1, but without Emerald Hunt, the Big's stages and Gamma's stages.
>>
I don't understand the logo, what are these blue and brown waves? there isn't any surfing stage on the game

Anyway, this was my very first game, good childhood memories
>>
>>320942981
Theses are not waves, theses are Sonic and Shadow's thorn hairs.
>>
Play it again, mate. Nostalgia is a hell of a thing.

Generations is the best 3D Sonic anyway. Unleashed probably would have beat it as well if they removed the sun/moon coins and made the night time stages take as long as the daytime stages, not 20 times longer.
>>
It's not the best. It's still pretty fun in parts, but it's not the best by a long shot, and has a fuckton of actively bad parts.
also, the Shadow, Tails, and Rouge stages are noticeably worse than that of their counterparts

>>320943589
Unleashed has better stage design than Generations (much, much better in fact), but Generations' progression is much, much better (fuck the long-ass night stages, and fuck the medals).

>>320942920
the only really good Eggman stage is Cosmic Wall

fucking love that stage
kind of wish the mechs always controlled like that too
Really, the whole thing is what the rest of the mech stages should have been. You're more mobile, the actual stage is tight and focused, it's just a good stage.
>>
>City Escape
>Metal Harbour
>Green Forest
>Radical Highway
>That other Shadow level
>Faker?
>Chao Garden
>Live and Learn
>We at Pumpkin Hill, you ready?

The ONLY good things about SA2.
>>
>sonic
>>
>>320943902
>fuck the long-ass night stages

I want to get another opinion on this. Do you agree that the werehog game mechanics were well designed? Sure the stages were waaaay too long, and there could have been a bit more variety in the enemies, but I think the moveset and levelling system were at least competent. More so than one would expect from a modern Sonic game anyway.
>>
SA2 is far worse than SA1.

I'm not gonna make a call on the "best" since I'm not really qualified for that but my personal favorite 3D sonic games are Adventure and Lost World.

Generations has its good parts and if it were just that I'd probably put it at the top. However it has an extremely similar problem to what SA2 does. The only really good part is the modern sonic stages. The classic stages are alright but overall not that great (kinda like the knuckles/rouge stages) and the challenges and the final boss are tedious at best and downright miserable at worst (kinda like the mech stages.)
>>
>>320944567

City Escape really isn't that great in retrospect, though admittedly I might just be biased since the Generations version felt like an objective step up.

Also you're forgetting fucking Final Rush, man. Best stage in the game by far.
>>
It was a good game. The split between three they did was a good idea. Everyone liked the sonic/shadow stages, and with the other two, most people seemed to like one or the other. The game needed a bit more variety to it. Generations did it better with the 2d/3d thing though.

If they did what generations did, splitting between 2d and 3d, but then did what sonic and knuckles did: different characters with different abilities but same stages, then we'd have the perfect sonic game.
>>
>>320944937
the Werehog system was lifted wholesale from Virtua Quest

>>320945083
Final Rush is fantastic, second best 3D Sonic stage of them all (best is Red Mountain from SA1).
I think City Escape original is better than in Generations, but that's just me. Feels like a more tightly designed stage in SA2.

>>320944954
>SA2 is far worse than SA1.
I dunno. Most of the Sonic stages are worse in SA1 (like, quite a bit worse) than in SA2 and the Tails stages were Sonic stages with sloppily pasted dash gates everywhere.
also, SA2 doesn't have Big/Amy stages (although it does have Rouge)
SA1's bosses were also all shit, while SA2's were kind of decent.
It's a bit of a tossup, and SA1 feels less polished, even if it also feels like a higher budget game..

at least the SA1 Knuckles stages were better than ALL of the SA2 hunting stages
>>
>>320946730
>at least the SA1 Knuckles stages were better than ALL of the SA2 hunting stages
Other way around. The SA1 stages had to serve both Sonic and Knuckles styles of gameplay, and it shows. The levels in 2 had much better design for Knuckles' style of gameplay. The only thing worse was the Emerald radar.
>>
Well duh anon.
>>
>>320941618
Unleashed was better than the Adventure games
You're just blinded by nostalgia
>>
>>320944567
You forgot the multiplayer, nigga
>>
>>320945704
>different characters with different abilities but same stages
Like Sonic Advance?
>>
>>320947351
That would be pretty based desu
>>
>>320947062
You're right that SA2's Knux stages are better designed for him, but the less annoying radar made SA1's Knux stages pretty fun.

>>320947230
If there's one thing I wish Unleashed did that SA2 does right, it's the fact that you could actually turn on a dime.
In Unleashed, you have a lot of control over Sonic, but he still handles like a sack of bricks with a jet thruster attached to it.

SA2's got a couple of control issues (play Final Rush on a DC controller, stage suddenly becomes a lot more difficult because it's harder to move in a straight line than with the GC controller's octagon gated stick), but I loved the sheer mobility Sonic had.
Unleashed Sonic has speed out the ass, but SA2 Sonic could fucking move.

>>320947351
still wish there was a 3D Sonic that did this (well, Heroes almost works, but Heroes has more problems than SA1 or 2, game's a fucking mess)
>>
>>320947230
>just blinded by nostalgia

ye and the fact it has more content and replayablitiy (Chao gardens) than any other sonic game

baka at u
>>
Some of 1's stages were better and I liked the hub world instead of the insta-stages. But overall 2 is better.
>>
>>320941618

No, it's not. If you think this you are either hopelessly autistic or were a kid when this came out on GC and are blinded by nostalgia.

Game's a mess, senpai. Garbage.
>>
>>320943230
You mean quills, ya fucking idiot.
>>
>>320949596
I love how the people that talk shit about SA2 always spout buzzwords, call the people that like it are just blinded by nostalgia, and don't give a VALID reason. Kill yourself senpai.
>>
File: char_12842.jpg (14 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
char_12842.jpg
14 KB, 210x240
TFW I'll never legally unlock Green Hill Zone
>>
>>320950546
and that's okay, it's not worth the effort
don't think I could ever bring myself to try to A-rank the Knuckles/Rouge stages
>>
>>320944937
Ive played the game a while ago, and i wasnt paying attention to design, but i remember having to put it down because of the wearhog stages. I remember the combat being so repetitive. It didnt help thst they played the same gay music at the start of a battle. I just felt like tjose portions were a chore
>>
>>320950731
>It didnt help thst they played the same gay music at the start of a battle.

oh god, I can hear it in my head now
it's not terrible, except you hear it constantly, and it's not even particularly long or good
Of all the fucking things, why did they do this?
>>
Projared and egoraptor deserve death for hating on SA2
>>
File: 1421995450387.gif (859 KB, 400x412) Image search: [Google]
1421995450387.gif
859 KB, 400x412
>tfw to this day I still love this game and all of the segments
>>
File: 5156165156416.png (592 KB, 1072x1211) Image search: [Google]
5156165156416.png
592 KB, 1072x1211
I would agree that this is the best 3d sonic game. It was pretty good, but the music was incredibly good. Everyone agrees on that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiwvZbXIQsQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdE5e9MA8fM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v59oDvaksBY
>>
>>320941618
What's so good about it?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.