[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FFX
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 11
File: FFX_International_Logo.png (156 KB, 495x335) Image search: [Google]
FFX_International_Logo.png
156 KB, 495x335
Favourite Party Member?
Favourite Aeon?
Favourite Overdrive?
Remaster or Emulated?
>>
Rikku (of course)
Shiva (who else?)
Wakka's attack reels.
Remaster
>>
>>320941242
>Not Yojimbo and Kimahri
Still bretty good.
Why remaster over emulation though?
>>
>>320940973
Tidus
Ifrit
Energy Rain
Remaster

Is there any way to play the game with Japanese audio/English subs? I saw.some footage of the Japanese version recently and I liked their voices more.
>>
Shit thread is shit
>>
>>320940973
>Favourite Party Member?
I really REALLY wish Kimahri was actually useful. But I'll go with Tidus.
>Favourite Aeon?
Valefor
>Favourite Overdrive?
Don't really care about that stupid game so I never got Wakka's moves and powered up weapon. Blitz Ace was the move I used the most
>Remaster or Emulated?
Remaster is basically the PS2 international just with some touch ups and a new OST that actually sounds worse at times. Also the PS4 I've heard had RNG issues but maybe they patched it.
>>
File: xoU7NvK.jpg (284 KB, 700x768) Image search: [Google]
xoU7NvK.jpg
284 KB, 700x768
Auron
Pic related
Lulu's
Original on Ps2 nigga

Game is fun but so fucking goofy.

Ifrit is so cute though. I love how awesome he looks but how gentle he is with Yuna when he catches her.
>>
File: Tidus_laughs.jpg (312 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Tidus_laughs.jpg
312 KB, 1920x1080
>>320942185
Maybe you can find a way to do it with some fiddling on the international versions but I'm not sure.
I know that FFX Int has the jap and English already on it, but the FFX2 Int and FFXII IZJS only have the English dialogue but jap menus so you've gotta mod it.

>>320942713
You can make any character useful with the sphere grid but its just so much easier with Tidus/Wakka/Rikku its not even funny.
Attack reels can potentially be the most damaging overdrive in the game if you can manage some Blitzball, just score once and hide behind your goalie.

>>320942735
>Lulu's overdrive
If Ultima didn't cap at 4 casts it might have been good.
>>
>>320943097

Yeah but at the time it was like a double version of Vivi's Trance so I loved it.
>>
File: Furry butt.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Furry butt.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>320943097
I know you can make everyone useful but Kimahri really isn't great. His overdrive is the worse out of everyone and unless you more often than the side you are on (he will be so far behind that it takes a while just to get to that characters start spot). And really that's really the problem. All roles are basically set. There's no reason for him in battle. Kimahri is really just there as a back up whatever you make him. Sad because I love his opening.
>>
>>320943573
I usually make everyone useful in my playthrough, and since Kimahri does alright damage if you keep up with s. lvl he can be pretty useful.
I usually throw cheer, focus and steal/use on him along with some stuff like dark/silence attack early.
Then I transition into the usual quick hit etc.
I really like him, but then again I've got a hardon for blue mages anyway.
>>
I like using wakka and auron, anything with status effects and debuffs is great
>>
>>320944094
Zombie attack with combos is pretty fun, like you can zombie party members and when Geosgaeno eats them it gets zombied and you can fuck it with phoenix downs.
>>
>>320943914
>I really like him, but then again I've got a hardon for blue mages anyway.
I do too. Which is why Kimahri pissed me off so much. There was hardly any real Blue Magic that was actually useful. And because it's an overdrive you are limited on how often to use it. So his Blue Magic is even more useless.
>>
>>320944461
You can ring off a couple of overdrives a boss fight if you're not too strong with the right overdrive modes.
Stuff like Mighty G and Nova was really useful, and when you're not over levelling and stuff can still be a challenge self-destruct can be great due to Kimahri's large HP from grid progression.
>>
>>320944457

didn't try that maybe I will replay it
>>
>>320944670
I never really grind and never really faced anything that I felt needed Self-Destruct. And once again you can only really use it if the meter is full which really fucks it up. I just feel for every ability there was an easier way to do it. All the elementals attacks just Lulu spell or a elemental weapon, same with status like Stone Breath, and most of the rest are just high damage attacks which while nice I just don't think they are enough to justify a limit. Mighty Guard and White Wind might be the only thing that is useful but once again having it as a limit really fucks it up.
>>
Rikku
Anima
Rikku's Mix
Remaster

literally starting a game on X-2 right now and I forgot just how awkward and cringey the opening scene is. I watched it when it first came out in front of my parents. Fuck I forgot how uncomfortable that was. What a faggot I was.
>>
File: FFX_-_Anima_Artwork.jpg (513 KB, 800x1479) Image search: [Google]
FFX_-_Anima_Artwork.jpg
513 KB, 800x1479
>>320940973
Auron
That one dude's mom<
I don't even remember what an overdrive is
Don't really care.
>>
Auron
Bahamut
Ace Blitz or whatever the name it was
I've only played the original and the emulated version
>>
File: tidus.jpg (53 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
tidus.jpg
53 KB, 600x480
>>320940973
>Kimahri
>Bahamut
>Bahamut's
>Emulated

What do I win?
>>
Favourite Party Member?
Kimahri
Favourite Aeon?
Valefor
Favourite Overdrive?
Auron's Banishing Blade
Remaster or Emulated?
Remaster
>>
>>320944990
Theres tons of stuff you can do with status and fiddling with abilities its pretty cool

>>320945095
I guess all I can say is that in FFX unless your try to use certain characters, in a sense a challenge run, then you don't really use a lot of the stuff available in the game, and that is a flaw.
I agree with the Ronso Rages being overdrive only being stupid, but it doesn't make them bad when you've got the overdrive, they're certainly better than using a standard attack if your meter is full.
Maybe if you used a special version of the attack on overdrive and just had them available with a mana/HP cost they could've been a bigger part of playing with Kimahri.
>>
>>320945684
A 2/4, must try harder.
>>
>>320940973
Rikku
Bahamut
Probably Tidus'
PS4 Remaster because I like the original OST more
>>
>>320940973
Rikku
Yojimbo
Lulu's Elemental Fury
PS2 version
>>
>>320946560
Is the PS4 Remaster more updated visuaully than the PS3 version?
>>
>>320940973
Tie between Wakka and Auron
Ixion
Shooting Star (that feel when batting those 10,000 HP worm monsters off the field because your attacks all do jack shit at this point)

The Sphere Grid can lick my ass.
>>
Is it a bad thing if I use a physical copy on my PS2 instead of emulating?

have a shit tier toaster and no PS3 or PS4, by the way
>>
>>320940973
>Rikku
>Shiva
>Wakka something
>Emulated/original

Also, Blitzball > everything
>>
>>320940973

Auron. (Not even a contest in the entire world of Spira unless Chuami turns out to be even more awesome.)
Yojimbo. He's the only one that fits the "Icon of worship" style the Aeons have.
Attack Reels.
Original>Emulated>>>Remaster. The original graphics actually improve over time. The fuzziness makes the game seem more like a dream every year.
>>
>>320947386
What's wrong with the sphere grid?
>>
>>320947420
That depends.
If you've got the NTSC copy its literally lacking content.
Otherwise that's fine and you don't get much more out of the International version.
>>
>>320947358
Not really. I think the character models actually look weirder. The menus and UI are a lot more pretty and slick in the remake though.

>>320947420
If you have the European game, it's fine.
>>
>>320947585
Early in the game there were a bunch of abilities I forgot to activate because I didn't have any ability spheres. Now that I have more spheres than I'll ever need I can't just go back and activate them. I have to grind for S. Levels to be able to move back. And then I'll have to grind even more to get back on track with my leveling.

It was a mistake on my part but I still think it's annoying that you aren't able to freely move between spaces you've already passed.
>>
>>320948031
One of the first abilities you can get is called "extract ability" and makes the fiends drop ability spheres.
>>
Wakka
I hated using all of them really
Any with inputs to pull off
Doesn't matter, really

That said, I hadn't played since release and went back trying to finish it 100%. Game is much too easy, and I got bored about halfway through.

It really suffers from hallway syndrome, where it's about 15 random battles, then another story scene, a boss, and then back to another outdoor hallway.
>>
>>320940973
Is the ps4 rng fixed yet?
>>
>>320948202
That was one of the abilities I couldn't unlock because I didn't have any ability spheres.
>>
File: snak.png (2 MB, 1600x903) Image search: [Google]
snak.png
2 MB, 1600x903
>>320940973
When the fuck is this going to PC? I'd buy it for PS4 but the port is total shit from what I heard
>>
>>320948226
Yeah http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/final-fantasy-xx-2-hd-remaster-ps4-patch-update-0
>>
>>320948325
Just emulate it
>>
>tfw you put the controller on your dick during bahamut's overdrive
>>
File: upWqOKf.jpg (134 KB, 500x417) Image search: [Google]
upWqOKf.jpg
134 KB, 500x417
>>320948281
>I didn't have any ability spheres.
How is this possible? Seriously, how? The only time I lacked spheres was the strength because my Auron, Wakka and Tidus kept landing on STR nodes.
>>
>>320943914
There's a disgustingly low number of lvl 3 key spheres and the best place to get them is Kimahri's boss fight against Biran & Yenke so you kinda need to send him down Rikku's path for steal.
>>
>>320947358
It seemed similar to the vita version I also had - just upscaled
>>
>>320948325
Just download the FFX Int ISO from emuparadise and play it on PCSX2.
English is built in but the options at the start are jap.
It's, WHICH GRID YOU WANT LAD:
Standard Sphere Grid
Expert Sphere Grid

ARE YOU SURE:
Yes
No

WHAT LANGUAGE SENPAI:
Nip
Engrish
>>
>>320947358
I think PS3 you can get either 720p+FXAA, or 1080p+no post-processing. PS4 is 1080p+MSAA, and also adds ambient occlusion which is pretty nice.

I'd say PS4 is definitively better-looking, but not enough to make or break the game.

>>320948226
They patched it a few months ago.
>>
>>320948031
You get a 4:1 ratio on backtracking. I think that's more than fair on the developer's part, given your oversights.
>>
I prefer the original models and music, but the one thing I hate is the blur/ghosting that happens during some scenes/some locations.
>>
>>320948732
It's pretty bad on Wakkas hair underwater I've noticed.
But I prefer the original for models and stuff, the lips are more synced in the PS2 version its weird.
>>
>>320940973
Auron
Bahamut
Tornado
PS2
>>
>>320948531
Maybe I'm just unlucky. Enemies simply weren't dropping ability spheres often so I'd not bother activating certain abilities. They eventually started dropping them as much as all the other spheres.
>>
>Favourite Party Member?
Auron
>Favourite Aeon?
Yojimbo
>Favourite Overdrive?
Tornado or Blitz Ace
>Remaster or Emulated?
Emu
>>
File: 1431083523844.jpg (158 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1431083523844.jpg
158 KB, 800x800
>>320948732
>and music
Whoever thought that those remixes are good should be fired.
>>
>>320948987
Yeah, RNG fucked you up. The sphere grid is pretty fun adn awesome though, specially in expert mode.
>>
>>320948202
That was only in the Remaster. The first game never had that. Trust me I would have love to have it since there was times I just didn't move in the grid because I didn't have the spheres to unlock the node.
>>
>>320949894
Did you run from every battle or something? I've never had that problem in the probably dozen times I've played through.
>>
>>320949894
The PAL version had it. Trust me, I played the game.
>>
>>320950075
You might have played the International version. I know they had more stuff than the US.
>>320950053
Never ran. I just was sitting there gaining levels while a character or two was just stuck not moving.
>>
>>320950226
PAL version was International. More importantly we got Dark Aeons and Penance.
>>
>>320950328
>More importantly we got Dark Aeons and Penance.
And a nerfed as fuck Quick Strike.
>>
>>320950328
Ok but that doesn't negate that the PS2 version in the US copy never had "extract ability" they added it because there was a lot of people like me.
>>
>>320950554
Don't live in the US next time.
>>
>>320950663
>Don't live in the US next time.
Not him, but considering the PS1 era, I'd rather live in the US at the time.
>>
What's the trick to beating that big asshole who keeps healing himself after mt gagazet again?
>>
In Europe the remaster is far better than the 50Hz PS2 version
>>
File: 1436116610119.png (3 KB, 203x212) Image search: [Google]
1436116610119.png
3 KB, 203x212
>>320940973
>Favourite Party Member?
Auron.
>Favourite Aeon?
Yojimbo.
>Favourite Overdrive?
Zanmato
>Remaster or Emulated?
neither, still play this game on a slim ps2
>>
>>320940973
>lulu cos she is basically the party mom who is keeping the kids from doing stupid shit
>rarely used them but I love anima his overdrive is real fun
>rikku cos it can do anything you want it to and is straight up op with certain mixes
>remake on PS3 as I have a toaster and no desire to buy ps4
>>
Should I grab the remaster on PS4 or wait for the possible PC port?
>>
Am I a bad person for using Yojimbo on all dark aeons?
>>
>>320951525
The PC port will just be the PS4 version. So if you own a PS3/4 and don't really want to wait just grab that one.
>>
>>320950849
Poison, get all aeons overdrives, and luck.
>>
>>320951525
I'd buy and play now because impatient, unless you are poorfag in which case wait
>>
Might go through this again, heard there is a pc version on the way so i might wait rather than emulating

>>320950849
reflect?
>>
Rikku
Shiva
Tornado
Original on PS2
>>
File: 1443252579531.png (748 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1443252579531.png
748 KB, 1600x900
>>320940973
Rikku
Shiva
Mix
Remaster
>>
>>320951582
No, unless you turned on shorter summon times and missed the theme with YO, then you're a cunt.
>>
>>320951659
>>320951701
Is the PC version really coming?

The only thing we have is the leaked steamdb entry
>>
>>320940973
>Auron
>Anima
>Bahamut's Mega Flare
>eh
>>
>>320952470
Mostly guessing but if they can port it to PS4 it should be easy to get it on PC. The only FF I can see that will never be on PC is FF9 because they threw out the source code.
>>
>>320940973
Auron
Bahmut
Probably Rikku, healing your entire party for max is pretty neat.
Emulated
>>
>>320952875
All FF games are on PC though right, through emulation or piracy?
I think the only traditional Square RPG not available on PC is Bravely Default right?
>>
>>320953081
I meant legal and you know that. And 3DS emulation is slowly happening from what I've heard.
>>
Tidus. Fast hits, early on Haste spells and slow spells, Delay Attack is very useful early on. When you hit endgame he's still great but of course becomes mostly homogenized with the rest of them if you're all maxed out.

Yojimbo. Slickest moveset.

Blitz Ace. SLASHIN' ERRDAY NIGGER

Remastered. Not a fan of the faces (they destroyed Yuna, urgh), but some of the music remixes are nice, and hey, I don't have to do the hassle of getting the International version for Dark Aeons etc.
>>
Is it realistic to max out the sphere grid, or is it an exercise in autism? How long does it take? I'm playing hard mode sphere grid on remaster and I want to do the dark aeons.
>>
>>320953189
Legally I guess you're right, there's only a couple Square will ever release too I think, as this console gen seems to be all about buying exclusivity rights and Square are in the "Sony" pocket at the moment.
Although you are seeing a lot of games come to PC not long after console release.
But when you consider the fact that for most FF games square makes no money if you buy a second hand copy, downloading the game to emulate shouldn't be considered as immoral if you even think that as straight piracy. Emulators are actually pretty accurate now, which is a bonus.

3DS emulation is coming along too, but I think it'll be slower than DS emulation but will eventually be in full force, I think the system reqs will be pretty high for a full speed game for a while.
>>
>>320941338
On PS4 it has the best graphics (barring emulation), cross play (if you're a shameful Vita fag), and you can turn off that shitty remastered OST.
>>
>>320953675
>I think the system reqs will be pretty high for a full speed game for a while.

not really

Ocarina of Time is already playable full speed upscaled

ARM-based emulators are great
>>
>>320953371
Theres some cool tricks with Overdrive>AP and having 2 comrade overdrive modes and 1 stoic with Tonberry monster arenas you can do.
That should help you max out the grid in no time.
Reminder than the maximum s.lvl you can have at one time is 99 and if you wanna max your stats you're gonna have to use clear spheres to replace the 1/2/3 stat spheres with the 4 ones.
It can take a couple of days work but there are so many guides on it, you could achieve a lot in that time.
>>
>>320953675
All I was saying is that SE is trying to get all their games on PC. Japanese companies see west as console/PC focus while Japan can't even get past PS3. I wasn't talking about immoral or anything of that sort. Also SE is looking at Nintendo just on the handheld side. 3DS is getting a lot of SE games. And if some rumors are true SE might be looking at NX like they are with PS4.
>>
>>320948338
>>320948710
God damn thank god
Picked up
>>
>>320948710
Did they patch the music looping after a battle glitch?
>>
>>320953371
To stand a chance against the Dark Aeons and Penance you need to both max the grid and then go back and rewrite every stat sphere with the ones you put in yourself because they give the highest stat gain per sphere. It's not as hard as it sounds though because you just use the monster arena and monster creation to kill a couple of monsters that will give you about 100 levels each.
>>
>>320956314
Eventually, yes.
>>
>>320954481
Yeah there's been a lot of older games remastered for PC its nice to have that option.
The mobile ports are shite though, which is weird since the DQ mobile ports are pretty good.
>>
>>320957123
That's because the mobile DQ games are just the DS games so they had a budget. While the FF mobile were made just for mobile so the cost is super cheap. I'm shocked they haven't tried putting DQ on PC. I fucking hate how SE treats DQ over here. Just happy we are finally getting DQ7 and 8 but that's more to do with Nintendo than SE.
>>
>>320957407
I play a lot of JRPGs I even bought Citizens of Earth but I'm yet to play past the first 30 mins and it really does suck how, even though their sales can be pretty good, we're constantly refused the latest DQ titles until years after release, if ever.
I love the localisation for the DQ games too, it usually keeps that tongue in cheek comedy with the different accents and puns they use.
I don't know how many people played DQ Heroes but I thought that game was pretty good, a nice take on musou.
>>
Tidus
Anima
None
Too tempting to speed up time with emulation

My very first playthrough ended with me restarting from the very beginning because I couldn't put a fucking dent in Evrae. I mained Tidus, Yuna and Auron with the others half the playthrough behind in levels.
Never got round to finishing my ultimate armor, fuck dark matters.
>>
>>320957849
I personally boycotted Heroes when they released it. Them saying "we are gauging DQ interest with Heroes" just pissed me off. Now they are finally giving us 7 and 8 I can finally enjoy Heroes once I get a PS4 which I'm planning on getting next year. I'm alright with the accents but DQ4 was just too god damn much.
>>
>>320950849
>that big asshole who keeps healing himself after mt gagazet again?
Ah, that's where the fun begins. Him, that Scorpion demon motherfucker and Yunalesca all in sequence. Fun times, fun times.
>>
>>320958468
Man just torrent Heroes on PC its loads of fun.

>>320958467
This games is weird where 90% of combat, if you didn't grind, is just putting the character block in the right shaped hole and then the game throws up pretty big roadblocks that can't be fixed by "slot its weakness" or "heal its counter". Those encounters are usually pretty fun though, albeit frustrating.
>>
>>320958803
I can't believe you still can't skip cuts canes in the ps3 Remaster. I'm fucking dreading yunalesca, better make sure to get her right the first time.
>>
>>320958954
>Man just torrent Heroes on PC its loads of fun.
It was more pride than me giving SE money. The moment they said they were using Heroes to see if people want DQ I basically gave up on the series. But now with the series actually coming here I'm fine with giving SE money for Heroes. And I don't have a desktop right now and don't have $2000 laying around to rebuild a whole new machine.
>>
>>320951582
Kind of defeats the purpose of Dark Aeons, but the only person you really betrayed is yourself.
>>
>>320959084
Cutscenes **

ffs android
>>
>>320959192
The games not to intensive really. I can run it 60fps high presets on a 560Ti i5 8GB RAM

>>320959084
I'm replaying the game and I'm fucking dreading Yunalesca too.
I might get some auto-phoenix on one person and zombieproof on another just to make that easier.
>>
>>320941338
who the fuck likes Kimahri
>>
>>320959806
>>320943573
>>
>>320959806
True patricians?
Who do you think is best? Auron or Lulu? because there's nothing wrong with any of the characters, but Kimahri is best
>>
>>320953371
>Is it realistic to max out the sphere grid, or is it an exercise in autism? How long does it take? I'm playing hard mode sphere grid on remaster and I want to do the dark aeons.
You don't need to be maxed for most Dark Aeons. Just somewhat high level and good at the game. Also the Dark Aeons ramp up a lot in strength. Valefor and Ifrit are still pretty manageable while the later stuff can be pretty bullshit.
You need to have a few key skills maxed for Penance, but you don't actually need absolutely everything maxed. It's just less efficient and you won't win a speed record. I managed to do just fine without having high luck skill. Sure the fight took ages with the aditional misses, but actually it was more fun for me that way.
>>
-Lulu (that evasion is sexy)
-Shiva (that evasion is sexy)
-Blitz Ace (that slow mo charge is fucking hype)
-Doesn't matter
>>
>>320960441
isn't Lulu shit tier by the end of the game
>>
>>320940973

Auron
Aenima
Wakkas reel is God tier damage
Haven't played remaster
>>
Lulu has the worst taste in men in FF, but she has the hottest body.
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.